From COGGJump to navigationJump to search
Mining is the process of acquiring stone and ore from mines. Miners have a vital role in providing metal for metalworkers and stone for masons.
What you'll need:
- Access to a mine
- Mining pick or mattock
- Light source (most mines in the wilderness don't have maintained lighting)
- Handcart (or alternatively, transport each chunk of stone by hand, but this is not recommended!)
- (Optional) Head protection in case of cave-ins (not yet implemented)
goto a mine
stoppulling your handcart
minewith your pickaxe. Chunks of stone should be placed automatically into your handcart. With any luck, some of them will contain ore or gems.
- Those with skill in Mining, Metalworking, or Metallurgy can see traces of ore in chunks of stone that untrained eyes cannot see. What is obviously ore-containing sandstone to you may look like any other ordinary chunk of sandstone to a layman.
- Greater skill in mining increases speed and efficiency.
- Some rarer types of stone or gems may require higher Mining skill to identify, or to extract without damaging them beyond usefulness.
crushing ore-containing stone into powder before handing it over to a smelter to be processed. Smelting is busy work, and they'll appreciate your saving them some time and effort.
- Always clean up after yourself. If there's too much junk left on the ground, it can make it impossible for anyone to mine in that room.
- Most stone can be sold to the town market, even if it doesn't contain any ores.