Weekly changelog, updated automatically each Monday. If the info here looks old, it might be cached in your browser. Try refreshing the page.
- The AFK command no longer displays custom messaging, but simply states that a character has gone AFK.
- The messaging given to a player when automatically flagged as AFK after inactivity now notes that the AFK flag has been added silently and that no message was sent to anyone else in the room about it.
- The ping command will no longer reset a connection's idle/AFK timer and will no longer cause the AFK flag to be removed.
- New Weaving/Bushcraft recipes: wicker shoes, bast shoes
- Items in the "eyes" inventory slot (glasses, optics, etc.) no longer provide warmth for the head.
- Using the examine command on a wearable item will now provide information on which inventory slots it conflicts with as well as which slots would cover (hide) the item.
- War-trained mounts will no longer auto-attack, but are now slighty more likely to counterattack when threatened (based on the mount's Grit stat).
- Rider-initiated mount attacks (such as having a warhorse kick or trample via the mount command) now causes the rider to experience some roundtime.
- The Primal Bond bonus (Brs, Rng, Pri) of the War Riding ability now actually does what it says and reduces mount maneuver cooldowns based on the rider's Druidry skill. These reductions can be seen in the "Cooldown" column of the output of the mount command while riding a mount with activatable moves or abilities.
- Brigandine pants are now worn in the "greaves" slot like all other leg armor types. (Previously it was using the "pants" slot.)
- Inns will once again mail a room expiration reminder letter 24 hours in advance of an inn room's expiration.
- Fees for sending mail at the post office can now be paid with banknotes if coinage is not available.
- Rimeveil and wheat will now auto-bundle.
- It is no longer possible to have more than one built campfire in the same room.
- Fixed a bug the caused some armor pieces to be weightless.
- Fixed some cases where the heave command was giving incomplete failure messaging, such as when the container from which the target should be heaved could not be found.
- Fixed a bug where bundled items in campfires were producing more charcoal than intended.
- Fixed a bug where individual sliced pieces of food from a larger food item were reverting back to the size of the full food item.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing stone-headed javelins from being put into quivers.
- Endtables now qualify as suitable boosters for the Flip Flank ability.
- Winnowing and threshing now always take only one step each per item.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing militia from being called by NPC victims in various cases.
- The Hanged Man Inn is now considered a justice-enforced zone, and its enforcers will handle criminals in their own way. (Not affiliated with Shadgard's justice system or jail.)
- New help/wiki article: Winter Solstice
- Selling items to the market now removes any labels from sold items. The player will be notified of this if any items being considered for selling have labels on them.
- Fixed all cases of item types that were causing errors when attempting to make molds of them.
- Fixed a bug where handaxes weren't doing less damage when wielded single-hand.
- Spinning yarn or thread now always takes only one step to produce each skein.
- Yarn or thread can now be spun from items held in hand, within containers, or on the ground. Consequently, the syntax now requires specifying which item to spin from, and whether to make it into yarn or thread. Example: spin squirrel wool make yarn
- Messaging for spinning thread/yarn is now less spammy, only showing when starting or stopping the auto-repeating process.
- Attempting to start a new knitting project with full hands will now prompt the player to free up one of their character's hands before starting a new knitting project.
- The #GAME chat channel now has Slow Mode enabled, meaning players must wait at least 15 seconds between sending chat messages.
- It is now possible to use the retrieve command in Twilight Eye Services areas to put in a request for the recovery of a lost or stolen item.
- It is no longer possible to store a handcart or similar in a vault if the handcart is not currently being pulled by the one wishing to store it.
- When using the retrieve command to get a handcart or similar from a vault, the retriever will now be automatically pulling the retrieved handcart.
- The amount of riln acquired per pull when stealing from characters (both PCs and NPCs) is now based on the skill check endroll rather than being completely random. (Still based on how much riln the mark was carrying, of course. The amount of riln mobs carry varies.)
- The help command should no longer have issues with hyphenated words ("Multi-Throw" or "Tyr-Gwyrd", for instance).
- It is no longer possible to pick the lock on items from hiding unless the target item is held in the lockpicker's hand.
- It is now possible to disarm traps from hiding if the target item is held in hand.
- Jars with unguents will now hint at the treat command when looked at, rather than only when examined.
- When a bystander notices someone else stealing, the bystander will now see which container the thief was reaching into rather than vague text about pockets that the theft target may or may not have.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the watch command to immediately lose the watched target even if they remained in the room and in the open.
- Fixed a bug that was causing side-by-side to trigger with some ranged launchers (bows, etc.) which are not melee weapons and would result in an error.
- When looking at a character wearing a belt over another clothing piece (pants, dress, skirt, etc), the text stating "bound by a belt ..." and potentially listing all attached belt-worn items will only be sent once, rather than once for each belt-bindable clothing item.
- When looking at a character wearing a belt that doesn't have any clothing piece bound by said belt (pants, dress, skirt, etc), the text stating what belt-worn items are attached to the belt will no longer be omitted.
- When characters speak, any listeners who cannot see the speaker (due to hiding, eavesdropping, etc.) will now see a voice with a semi-unique numeric identifier to help distinguish different voices while keeping their identities unknown. (This will soon(tm) be updated to be less jarring than a number, but it works for the time being.)
- Emotes with speech in them will now have only the speech parts extracted and shown to those who can hear but cannot see the speaker due to hiding, eavesdropping, etc.
- Fixed a bug that was occasionally causing farm animals to not be assigned a shelter, which would in turn prevent things like generating milk, eggs, etc.
- It is no longer possible to strip in changing areas; if attempted, the player will be prompted to use the change command.
- New help/wiki article: Worship
- A character's eligibility for a second (non-Common) language is now determined by homeland as well as race.
- Characters that are now eligible for multiple languages based on their race and homeland but already had one assigned have had their second language removed, and may now use the language command to choose which of their options they prefer.
- Characters that are eligible for but have not yet chosen their second language will now be prompted to do so upon character login.
- When ordering items from shops/markets, the order of the specified words no longer matters, as long as each specified word is somewhere in the target's short description. Example: ORDER KEEN SHORTSWORD COPPER would target "a copper shortsword (keen-edged)". The target item's noun also no longer needs to be included, so one might simply ORDER HILLANT UNGUENT to order those tricky jars of unguent.
- Fixed an unintended ordering syntax change that was causing ordering from shops/markets to require matching case, which was in turn making it tricky to order some things like drinks that have their names capitalized. Case is once again ignored for shop/market order matching.
- Using double-quotes to surround text for very specific matching cases when ordering from shops/markets is once again supported.
- Game and changelog announcements will now go to the #ANNOUNCEMENTS channel. This channel is bridged to the third-party chat platforms (Matrix, Discord, etc).
- BBS post announcements will now go to the #BBSFEED chat channel. Players can toggle this off or on in-game via the channels command. This channel is bridged to the third-party chat platforms (Matrix, Discord, etc).
- Sending mail should no longer occasionally cause some lag.
- Arrow Guard will no longer activate if the target's hands are full (which was causing the target's shield to disappear).
- New recipes: brigandine gloves, brigandine gorget, brigandine coif, brigandine boots
- Browsing and searching the market is now more efficient and should cause far less lag.
- Ordering and buying from the market is now more efficient code-wise and should be less laggy.
- Ordering quantities of items will now include a list of all items that would be purchased, instead of only the original matching item. (Useful when multiple matches are found for the same base item type with differing colors/materials/etc.)
- Attempting to order a quantity of items greater than what is available at the market will now inform the player of how many matching items are available, as well as list what they are and their prices, to make it easier for the player to follow up with an order quantity based on what is currently available.
- Spoiled food items should once again be automatically removed from the market.
- The automatic market item reductions over time mechanic is now a bit more aggressive about grouping similar items together when determining which items are considered for removal based on current quantity in the market.
- New recipes: brigandine pants, brigandine vest, brigandine vambraces, brigandine gloves, brigandine gorget, brigandine coif, padded coif
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause merged familiars to be impossible to detach.
- The transfer command now accepts the 'floor' destination as well as 'ground'.
- Characters in age range 25-29 are now described as "an adult" rather than "mature".
- Rope is now a medium-size item, down from large-size.
- It is now possible to shake a mesmerized non-hostile human target in order to attempt to remove the mesmerized effect from them. There is a chance of failure and a 3-second roundtime to perform this action.
- The examine command will no longer imply some items can be used in melee when they in fact cannot (such as arrows and crossbow bolts).
- New knapping recipes: throwing-knife, throwing-shard
- Characters that have claws of any type will now default to using them with the attack command if no other weapon is in hand and no default melee weapon is in a quickdraw container. (The claw command can still be used to prefer a claw attack over a weapon.)
- Cleaning and scraping pelts now only requires a tanning frame to be in the room, rather than requiring them to be actually put on the frame.
- Stonehoof rams now have their own set of hit locations instead of borrowing from deer, and skinning now produces horns instead of antlers (and a smaller pelt).
- It is no longer possible to manually get items from changing containers that have been put there via the change command.
- New characters will once again start the game with an ESP pendant.
- Leatherworked items made from fur will now retain the original fur color.
- Tweaked the chances to receive some of the new Charmseeking items, and added a lore study to one of the old ones.
- The output of the info and score commands now displays how many times that character has died.
- Stables and registrar fees can now be paid with banknotes.
- Dice can now be used when targeted with any of the roll, throw, or hurl commands (previously required toss specifically).
- Fixed a bug that was preventing clay lamps from being valid targets for the fill command, which made them impossible to fill with oil and therefore use as a light source.
- New knapping recipe: javelin-head
- If holding a hurled weapon in the right hand and a launcher (bow, sling, etc.) in the left, using the aim shot command will now prioritize the right-hand hurled weapon over the left-hand launcher.
- Fixed a bug that was causing recipe unknown to never show construction/build recipes.
- Cloak Parry now causes some damage to the cloak as described in the ability information.
- It is no longer possible to drag lit light sources.
- It is no longer possible to drag small or tiny items unless they are somehow too heavy to pick up (such as larger bundles).
- Going into hiding while dragging an item will now automatically stop dragging the item and notify the player of such.
- MetaPrefixes can now be individually enabled or disabled using the metaprefixes (or mpf) command. Consequently, the MetaPrefixes option (under the options command) is now obsolete - those who had it enabled will need to re-enable the MetaPrefixes they want via the new method.
- The new RoomID MetaPrefix is now available, which will display a room's unique ID preceding that room's name, description, etc.
- Usage of the think command is now logged, and said logs can now be viewed by Event Staff to help them potentially get a better grasp of a character's attitude, feelings, motivations, desires, etc.
- Bandages are now auto-bundling items.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Word of Despair to be impossible to defend against.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the put command to occasionally bypass various check conditions (which was allowing riln to be put into furnaces, for instance).
- When having fired or hurled ammo recently, characters will now attempt to automatically gather any ammo as soon as they are able (not in roundtime, not under attack, etc). Moving to a new room will clear this auto-gather for the room that was left. If returning to a room with previously-fired ammo in it at a later time, the gather command will still need to be used manually to gather that previously-fired ammo unless new ammo is fired, which will again trigger the auto-gathering for any previously-fired ammo in that room upon the next opportunity.
- When one character attempts to splash another while in shallow or deep water rooms, the results are no longer completely random. Offense is now based on 100% Swimming skill, with a 10% bonus for the Strength attribute. Defense is now based on the better of 50% Swimming skill or a standard combat dodge calculation (the latter only in shallow water), with a 10% bonus for the Intuition attribute or 25% bonus for the Agility attribute (the latter only if in shallow water).
- Feathers, fletchings, charcoal, and tannin now all auto-bundle. When putting charcoal into a furnace or tannin into a tanning tub, only a single piece will be put at a time even if bundled.
- The wiki auto-updater will now run on a separate thread so as not to cause lag in the main game whenever it runs.
- The rate of bowstring durability loss on use is now dependent on the force of the launcher. This rate of durability loss is lower across the board than the previous flat rate.
- Seeds are now auto-bundling items.
- Usage of sorcery is now considered an official crime in some areas, and channeling it will result in criminal charges. Sorcerers will be warned when attempting to channel sorcery in such areas, requiring a confirmation.
- Pipe-wrench weapon type has had its reach increased from 2 to 3 and fatigue reduced from 12 to 10.
- Examining weapons will now be more clear about noting those that are considered improvised weapons even if they fall into a general weapon class (e.g. a forging-hammer being an improvised hafted weapon).
- Fixed a bug that was allowing bows to be fired while holding something in the off-hand.
- Successfully locating (spawning) a prey animal while hunting will now increment that room's recent hunting counter, which makes it increasingly unlikely to find additional prey in that room for a time. When hunting in areas that have been hunted in recently, a message will be given to the hunter about the signs of recent hunting and warning that prey will be more difficult to come across.
- Discovering non-barren stone while mining will now increase that room's recent mining counter, which will temporarily make it increasingly difficult to find non-barren stone in that same room. Miners will receive messages when a room is considered lightly-mined and heavily-mined, encouraging them to occasionally move to different mining spots.
- Chest-wraps are now worn in the new "chest-wrap" inventory slot, allowing "shirt" slot garments to be worn over chest-wraps.
- Messaging involving verbal speech in a language other than Common will now begin with an indicator of the language being used, or "Unknown" for those who cannot recognize the language.
- When changing into bathing attire at an applicable venue, owned soap will be automatically retrieved from any open worn container if some is not already held in hand at the time of changing.
- It is no longer possible to remove or strip the garments that various services provide for changing into in specific areas. (They can of course still be changed out of again at the appropriate location.)
- The aim shot command is now prevented by roundtime and various other situations.
- Attempting a feint from hiding with a ranged attack will now unhide the attacker.
- It is no longer possible to use the circle maneuver while staggered/surprised/stunned.
- It is no longer possible to use deadwood for woodcarving.
- Snipers will no longer notice their shot has been traced and revealed their hiding spot if the spotter is someone the sniper cannot themselves see.
- Small metal plates (used in crafting brigandine armor) can no longer be cast from flimsier metal types impractical to their purpose (gold, silver, tin, etc).
- It is now possible to make clay molds of goblets for use in metalcasting.
- New knitting/tailoring/leatherworking recipe: chest-wrap
- It is now possible to pet mounts.
- Uncomfortable mounts now have reduced penalties to their rider when in explorable (non-wilderness) areas.
- The Brewing, Herbalism, and Lapidary skills, which had yet to be implemented in any way, have now been removed. Their concepts are still planned to be implemented in some way in the future, likely associated with other skills (brewing with cooking, for instance).
- New knitting recipes: belt, blanket, body towel, duffel bag, loincloth, poncho, pouch, tabard, tote, vest
- The ball-and-chain weapon type can now be stored in haft-frogs.
- It is now possible to flip while mounted, either to perform a Flip Flank or to simply dismount with style. A reroll is granted in both cases.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause multiple bolts to be loaded into a crossbow at once. Again.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to steal from some corpses as if they were still alive.
- Fixed a bug that was causing player character corpse short descriptions to display incorrectly and never show their introduced names to observers who had named them.
- It is no longer possible to steal items that are currently in use by someone, e.g. a knife currently being used to carve a branch.
- Added a note to the end of the medical rates command explaining that rates are per point of damage. Also added a note when setting a rate that it will be charged per point of damage treated.
- The chances of finding waterlogged coffers while diving has been significantly reduced.
- Characters listed in the account info output will now show their Class specialization if they have chosen one.
- New helpfile/wiki article: Stealth
- When using the sell <container> contents command and providing contents arguments that are not valid, the sell command will now fail and prompt the player to provide a valid contents argument (such as "fish" or "gems") rather than ignore the given arguments and attempt to sell the entire contents of a container. Additionally, a syntax example will be given, as well as the syntax for selling the entire contents of a container by not providing any arguments after the word "contents".
- When using the sell <container> contents command with a valid contents argument (such as "fish" or "gems") and no matching item types are found to be sold, the command output will say that no matching item types were found in the specified container rather than give the generic "Sell what?" messaging.
- Fixed a bug where getting hit in combat would sometimes remove characters from groups.
- New helpfile/wiki article: Quality
- Fixed a bug that was allowing farmers to till planting fields larger than the farmland's maximum available space.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing farmland rent reductions (downsizing available farmland space) from working.
- Weapons and tools that have a blade will now show the state of their blade's edge when examined and, if anything other than the standard sharpness, in the item's short description.
- Multi-component items with a bladed component (swords, axes, etc.) can now be sharpened even after being fully constructed. (Previously the bladed components needed to be sharpened before being attached, which is still an option.)
- Cloak Parry can now trigger upon a successful block with small buckler-class shields.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing buckler-class shields from working with the Main-Gauche ability's off-hand strike opportunity.
- Updated the Physicker class description, mostly to include mention of psychology/therapy and to remove the implications of ethical constraints.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing ingots from showing up in lockboxes.
- Fixed a bug that was causing lockboxes to sometimes be weightless.
- The character list section of the account info screen now also includes the names of the rooms those characters are in. In the case of rented rooms (such as inn rooms), the remaining rent time will also be displayed.
- Burntime estimates will now consider any additional potential fuel currently within the burning item (campfires, ovens, etc).
- It is now possible to light items with a fireboard and spindle. The Bushcraft skill is required to use this firekindling method, and requires a successful skill roll. One tinder-like item is required as well, which is consumed upon a successful lighting.
- A certain druidry ability now actually gives its advertised small climbing bonus.
- It is now possible to specify a target container when foraging by using the "into" argument. Example: forage pinecone into backpack, or forage firewood into campfire
- New ability: Small Game Snares (available to everyone in public Bushcraft/Tracking training rooms, as well as Adventurer Guild general training rooms or Ranger specialist training rooms.)
- Wicker sandals can now be dyed.
- Mounts will no longer follow groups across climbs, swims, and tight crawl spaces.
- Fixed messaging for fleeing through portals from fear effects.
- Dull bladed items can no longer be sold to the market.
- Fixed a bug where some crafting recipes could be used even when a character did not meet the recipe requirements.
- Fixed a bug that was allowing skittish prey animals to avoid melee combat when rooted.
- Druidic tattoos now display in green-colored text.
- New option: MetaPrefixes. When on, certain actions such as says, emotes, and room-to-room movements will have a prefix that can be used to help with things like plugins, triggers, etc. Off by default.
- Physickers can now use the medical debtors reduce command to reduce the debts owed them by debtors.
- If a debtor is present when a Physicker reduces their debt to 0 or simply clears it, the debtor will be informed that their medical debt has been settled.
- The Metallurgy skill has been removed. All of its use cases are covered by both the Metalworking skill and the Mining skill (meaning a character with either one of these skills can perform smelting and metalcasting).
- A successful Dirtkick maneuver now counts toward Artifice skill practice.
- The medical fees charged by NPC healers have been reduced.
- The following items have had their durability increased: throwing-knife, arrow, sledgehammer, stiletto, lithic knife, javelin, logging-axe
- The following items have had their durability decreased: crossbow bolt, throwing-axe, throwing-hammer
- Fixed all sorts of cases where commands were prevented when hiding but shouldn't have been, or vice-versa.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent a character in the creation process from using the name they originally chose after using the back command to go to a step previous to name selection.
- Bushcraft skill now factors into the efficiency of crushing certain plants/bark into fibers, with a skill roll each repetition potentially granting bonus progress.
- The circle and feint maneuvers can now be performed while mounted.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Surprised effect from being applied to targets of melee attacks from hiding. (Note: Targets that are aware of the attacker's hiding spot, or with a Perception skill significantly higher than the ambusher's Stealth, will not suffer this effect.)
- Scraping the fur from pelts is now an auto-repeating action. Progress made per repetition is influenced by the better of 100% of the scraper's Skinning skill or 50% of the scraper's Leatherworking skill.
- Items with minor components will now retain data pertaining to the quality of each minor component used in their construction.
- Fixed a bug where some component checks would unintentionally take items that belonged to others from instanced containers.
- Raw pelts have had their values adjusted up slightly.
- The value of processed leather/fur has been updated to A) be based on its base pelt component and B) better reflect the effort required to process and produce it. (This will also affect the values of leatherworked goods made from said processed leather/fur.)
- The value of ridgeleather items now compensates better for the required ridgeleather solution.
- The value of items with multiple components will now give a bit more compensation per component to better reflect the skill required to craft these complex multi-component items.
- The value of items with minor components will now consider the quality of each minor component.
- The value of items with minor components will now consider the base material of each minor component.
- Lockpicks will now degrade slightly faster with use.
- Buckle casting molds can now be used to cast up to 4 buckles each.
- Hurled weapon damage has been reduced to align better with recent reductions to other weapon damage factors.
- The maximum number of throwing-knives that can be thrown in a single attack via the Multi-Throw ability has been reduced to 4.
- New hurled weapon: Throwing-axe. Up to two can be hurled in a single attack via the Multi-Throw ability. The new throwing-axe-head metalworking recipe has been added.
- New hurled weapon: Throwing-hammer. Up to two can be hurled in a single attack via the Multi-Throw ability. The new throwing-hammer-head metalworking recipe has been added.
- When targeting items with the emote command, two @ symbols can be used to omit the target item's article. Example: emote brushes some dust off his @@coat.
- The mail alias command is no longer restricted by situations such as sitting down or being in hiding.
- It is now possible to tip worn brimmed hats. Syntax: tip (hat) (style), where the style is optional, and can be one of: doff, brief, or brush
- Looking at or examining ESP artifacts will now clue the character in to the artifact's role as a conduit to a vast mental network, as well as hint at the player's ability to use the aura and ESP (or transmit) commands.
- mail alias <name> clear now actually works to clear a specified mail alias.
- New helpfile/wiki article: Dodge
- The output of the shape command (with no arguments provided) has been updated to better direct the player to either specify an existing partial project, or type shape make to see a list of available new project options.
- New helpfile/wiki article: Hillfolk
- Blood Talismans now cap out at 100 soul shreds.
- Warlocks can now only be attuned to a single Blood Talisman at once. Casting Soul Harvest will attune a Warlock to their Blood Talisman. Attempting to cast Soul Harvest with a different Talisman will warn the Warlock that it is a different un-attuned Talisman and will require confirmation to re-attune to the new Talisman, which will reset to 0 Soul Shreds as well as empty and un-attune the previous Talisman. Existing Talismans previous to this update that already contain a number of Soul Shreds can be used in the Soul Harvest ritual to attune them while keeping their previous Soul Shred count.
- Characters that are/appear to be nethrim, or have nethrim minions following them, will now be warned before entering areas that automatically treat all nethrim as hostiles.
- If a character goes to mail an item they have written on but their name is nowhere in the writing, the player will now be reminded that they can use the sign command to append their name and mailbox number to the writing.
- Necklace-slot items now mention that they can be pulled when looked at or examined.
- Lockboxes and similar will now note that the loot command can be used on them when looked at/examined.
- It is now possible for a Company's founder to send copies of a written single-page document (no multi-page books) to all members of the Company by typing mail company in a post office. (The founder will keep the original copy rather than have it mailed to themselves.)
- Guards who are intercepting attacks upon another character can no longer avoid the intercepted attack via tumble, flip, distracting shadow familiar, etc.
- The Echoing Whisper effect's duration now increases to 3 minutes once a link is established with the recipient.
- When using the recover command to try and recover an account with a forgotten password that doesn't have an email registered, instructions are now given with additional steps that may be taken to possibly recover the account.
- Retired characters now have their experience count toward account-wide Sunset Points, which can be used to accelerate experience gains of other characters via the sunset command.
- Events that cause the Surprised status now also cause some balance loss.
- It is now possible to donate specific types of items in designated rooms. Such rooms will have the "donate" tag by the room name.
- Typing sell without any specification in a livestock shop will once again list all a character's livestock selling options instead of just returning "Sell what?"
- Fixed a bug that would occur when trying to aim shot with empty hands and a hurled weapon in a container.
- Managed light/warmth sources should no longer occasionally be constantly lit and extinguished over and over by attendants.
- A certain spooky feeling of being watched will no longer rapidly expire and re-apply.
- It is no longer possible to use launcher-only ammo (arrows, crossbow bolts, etc.) as hurled weapons.
- The feint maneuver can now be used with ranged launchers, hurled weapons, and when channeling something that can be used as a bolt spell attack (i.e. sorcery).
- Barrage and trance will now auto-attack when the attacker is hiding, regardless of timing.
- When hiding, bystanders in the room who are aware of the hider's presence will now have an increased chance of noticing the hide attempt.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing mobs from searching when someone else in the room suddenly disappeared from their view via stealth mechanics.
- Ranged weapons have had their damage factors reduced to match similar recent reductions in melee weapon damage factors.
- Crossbows now take less time to cock.
- The weapons command now shows stacks rather than listing identical items individually.
- The ammo command can now be used to list carried ammo and hurlable weapons.
- New ability: Combat Precision (ALL) (Tier bonuses: Due, Ngt, Rng)
- True Strike now only consumes 5 Balance and has a cooldown period of 30 seconds.
- The new commands battle (for melee weapons), barrage (for ranged weapons), and trance (for bolt spells e.g. channeled sorcery) can now be used to toggle the auto-battle system which attempts to automatically retaliate against incoming attacks. It will attempt to retaliate within a second or two of being attacked in order to avoid roundtime-induced defense penalties, but is not smart enough to intelligently handle timing with multiple enemies or to recognize faster attacks (Feint, Quickstrike, etc.) that are less safe to immediately retaliate against. It makes no use of active special attacks, abilities, or spells.
- The Feint maneuver has had its roundtime reduced to 2.
- Critical hits AKA "crits" have been disabled. (Death will still result from vital hit locations such as head/neck/chest/etc. reaching 100% damage.)
- The base 3 to dodge/block/parry rerolls has been removed. Roundtime of 2 or more now causes penalties to defensive rerolls.
- Defensive rerolls are now reduced by 1 when being attacked by someone who is flanking the target.
- Experience and practice gains from defeating foes have been increased.
- Several weapons - mostly twohanders and hand-and-a-half - have had their damage factors lowered a bit. There are no longer any standard weapons with a damage factor of 1 or higher.
- The Quickstrike ability has had its roundtime reduced to 2 and cooldown increased to 10.
- Un-watered crops will now simply stop progressing rather than begin wilting.
- Weeds no longer slow crop growth progress, but still potentially reduce harvest output.
- Wilting crops (due to harshly incompatible temperatures) will now show as "wilting" rather than "wilted" to more clearly indicate that they are still capable of recovering/growing again under the right conditions.
- Characters who have selected Agility as their Primary Attribute now receive +10% to their chance to target a preferred hit location (see the aim command).
- The mail return command can now be used to return unwanted pending C.O.D. mail back to its sender.
- It is now possible to eat food items directly from containers that are in the room.
- Bows/crossbows with missing or broken bowstrings should no longer sometimes result in bugged items.
- Fixed various bugs related to character age/birth year.
- Fixed a bug where liquid vessels were not always re-calculating their weight after adjustments to liquid contents. (Such vessels that currently have a bad weight due to this bug should be automatically fixed on the next get or examine.)
- Fixed a bug that was causing issues with bandaging wounds.
- Multi-line chats from third-party bridged chat platforms will now be displayed in-game as a single line separated by double slashes ( // ) instead.
- Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing woodsheds to erroneously report being over capacity.
- Metalcasting of several item types (particularly weapons/tools pieces) is now restricted to appropriate types of metal.
- The exchange command can now be used to exchange an item with another character for a specified amount of riln.
- Auras can now only be selected with the assistance of the Twilight Eye. Check the second floor of the local Town Hall for the Twilight Eye Services office. Various in-game command messages have been updated to indicate as much and guide players.
- There is a new tutorial task for finding the Twilight Eye Services office and choosing a specific aura.
- Worn ESP artifacts will no longer transmit messages for characters with the default Gray aura. Stationary ESP artifacts will still work for those with Gray auras.
- It is no longer possible to choose gray as one's aura color. (It remains the default.)
- Fixed several instances of being able to target corpses with actions that should not be able to target corpses.
- Fixed a bug that was often preventing the slice command from identifying an appropriate slicing tool.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the company command to fail in various circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the actual building to usually take far longer than intended. Building steps/time should now be accurate to the recipe info estimations (not counting rest time).
- Back-end code relating to groups (AKA "parties") has been overhauled. Please report any bugs via the bug command.
- Group messaging on movement should be less buggy about when and how to mention followers and such.
- Group leaders will now receive messages upon movement informing them of how many group members followed, as well as whether any group members are not present in the current room.
- Groups will now have a Second, who will take over as group leader if the original leader dies or disconnects from the game. The second character to have joined a group will automatically be designated the Second. Group leaders can appoint a specific Second with the group second command.
- Players will now see their group leader, group second, and other group members indicated in the room occupants list.
- The group command will now always list the group leader at the top of the group members list, and the group second ... second.
- The group command will now indicate whether any group members are not present in the current room.
- The room occupants list sent immediately after group movement should no longer sometimes omit some group members.
- Attempting to join someone who is in someone else's group will now identify that group's assigned leader and prompt the joiner to repeat the command if they wish to join that group.
- Using the group command when not currently in a group will now inform the player of the join command.
- The group open and group close commands can now be used to set a character's group status. Closed groups cannot be joined by other characters unless the leader uses the recruit command to allow a specific character to join. Characters with a closed group will be notified when someone tries to join them.
- If a character is leading a mount when removed from a group, the mount will now also leave the previous group and join their owner's group instead.
- Lore studies have been added to several existing environment items around the world. Grab a portfolio, go explore, and take a close look at environment items that seem like they might have some kind of history.
- Beware! Mobs will no longer avoid swarming (being in the same room as another hostile mob) by default. Some mobs may still do so, however - particularly those in lower-skill combat zones.
- The new AutoEat option can now be used to toggle whether a character automatically eats food when moving in the wilderness. (Defaults to On)
- Skinning skill now contributes to reducing the roundtime and energy cost of skinning creatures. (Mininmum 3 Roundtime/6 Energy)
- The better of Skinning or Cooking skill now contributes to reducing the roundtime and energy cost of butchering creatures. (Mininmum 2 Roundtime/4 Energy)
- New tutorial tasks will now be automatically assigned to already-existing characters upon next login. (Some older characters may receive some previous tutorial tasks agan if they were completed before task completion tracking was implemented.)
- The Loot Luck mechanic is now influenced by the combat difficulty of looted mobs, or local mobs in the case of scavenging. Tougher mobs will have increased chances of more and better loot in their lockboxes.
- Added more gem types to the treasure system.
- Added more potential colors/asterisms to existing gem types.
- Gem value is now more heavily based on the gem's rarity, and now also factors in the rarity of the gem's specific color/asterism/etc.
- Gems generated by the treasure system no longer commonly have varying sizes: Gems of the same type should always be the same size, and will no longer include the size in their short description. Rare exceptions may occur.
- Gems generated by the treasure system will now always be Average quality or better.
- Tone now applies to sing, recite, and pray the same way it does for say.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing carving some types of items despite having the required skill.
- Tool checks should now only report broken tools when no other suitable tools are found.
- The nominate command now searches for targets based on introduction system names that the nominating party has assigned. As assigned names can be more than one word, the REASON keyword is now required as part of the nominate syntax. Example: nominate Dana the Dastardly REASON She conveyed such an excellent dastardly presence in the last town hall meeting and really made it interesting.
- Fulfilled roleplay nominations will now give the nominee an OOC message letting them know they were nominated and have received a bonus. If offline when the nomination is fulfilled, they will receive the message upon their next login.
- Many NPCs now find it difficult to distinguish between Shadow Cloaked individuals and common rampant hostile nethrim, and will react accordingly. Sorcerers are advised to dismiss the Shadow Cloak effect before approaching neutral or friendly NPCs in order to avoid unintentional conflict.
- Starting work on felling a tree will now give a time estimate of how long the felling will take to complete for that character. (Takes into account previous felling progress for that tree, if any.)
- The quality of a felling axe now affects how efficiently it will work with felling trees.
- The status command now displays all the same info as the status prompt does, just slightly more verbosely.
- It is now possible to hitch a mount to a stump in order to attempt to remove the stump. Rope is required, and any group members will automatically assist.
- The ignore and unignore commands can now be used to manage an account's OOC communications ignore list. Chat messages from ignored users will still show up with the username and protocol, but the message portion will only say ((IGNORED)). The ignore list will match and affect third-party protocol usernames as well.
- Tree stumps no longer produce forage.
- Looking at a casting mold will now specify which type of item the mold can be used to produce.
- Lockpicks can no longer be repaired.
- New recipes: pipe length, pipe fittings cap, pipe fittings coupler, pipe fittings cross, pipe fittings elbow
- Fixed a bug that was preventing characters from petting tame horses and mules.
- The output of the names command is now alphabetized and has a third "uncertain" section where guess-based names of disguised characters are listed.
- Fish short descriptions will now show their length in inches instead of a vague descriptor like "big" or "small".
- It is now possible to transfer hot items if a character has access to some tongs.
- The transfer command is now a bit better about explaining why some items were unable to be transferred.
- Ordering a drink while holding a liquid container will now display the total price to fill the liquid container, rather than the price of a single finger of the drink.
- Examining a liquid container will now tell how much liquid it can hold.
- The info output of using a chat command without any arguments now includes information about the channels command, as well as the history chat argument.
- Players may now view their account's history of outgoing and incoming tells by typing tell history. (The history starts as of this update. Tells from before this update cannot be viewed.)
- Threshing and winnowing will now automatically continue on to the next item of the same type if any are present when the target is finished being processed.
- Fixed yet another bug that was preventing infested vagrants and spearfishers from using their weapons.
- Hidden characters now have a base 1 Stealth reroll to avoid detection when searched for.
- Each drinking establishment now sells a mug branded with said establishment's logo. Collect them all!
- Attacks that are intercepted by a guard are now subject to being fended off by the guard's weapon reach.
- Fixed several mobs that would neither search nor flee in response to stealth ranged attacks.
- Mobs now stay paranoid for significantly longer when observing a stealth ranged attack.
- Wyrmlings now have some Perception skill (though it isn't a whole lot).
- Fixed various eyeless mobs to be immune to the Dirtkick maneuver.
- Increased the rate of Risk accumulation for hiders when someone in the room is searching.
- Fixed a bug where Risk wasn't applying negative rerolls to hider Stealth checks when someone was searching in the room.
- Abilities can now be classified as Charge Abilities, which will automatically add information on the Charge effect to their descriptions. Shield Charge and Tackle are two such abilities.
- It is now possible to steal from ajar containers.
- Mounted attacks, Shield Charge, and Tackle now close greater distances to targets on each melee approach attempt.
- Melee approach messaging now has indicative messaging for varying approach modifiers such as mounted or charging approaches.
- Guarding can now intercept ranged attacks as well as melee attacks.
- Charge attacks now immediately follow through if their approach attempt reaches Melee range with the target.
- Targets that are Staggered or Surprised can no longer perform automatic counterattacks.
- The coat and cuirass inventory slots no longer conflict with one another.
- It is now possible for leatherworkers to repair damaged leather items. An awl, needle, hammer, and thread are required. More heavily-damaged items may require some spare leather for the repairs.
- New material: Ridgeleather. A bit tougher than normal leather. Rigid leather armor items will be automatically updated to this material.
- The following components can now be hammered from copper and bronze: single-hand sword grip, double-hand sword grip, sword pommel, sword crossguard
- It is no longer possible to drag or levitate corpses into bank vaults and inn rooms.
- Common crafting recipes are now automatically available when skill and ability requirements (if any) are met, rather than needing to be individually learned. (Recipe points are no more.)
- Players can now type recipe unknown to see a list of common recipes for their known crafts that they do not yet meet prerequisites for.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ash from being used with the Dirtkick ability.
- Quivers will now work with javelins for auto-drawing to attack, as well as when using the the arm and unarm commands.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the arm and unsheathe commands to retrieve weapons from closed containers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the weapons command to ignore ranged launchers that don't function as melee weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused the sheathe and unarm commands to ignore ranged launchers that don't function as melee weapons.
- The sheathe and unarm commands will now look for a generic container to stow a held weapon in if a sheath specific to that weapon type is not available or if there are no inventory slots currently available for wearable weapon types.
- Copper awls can now be purchased at general stores.
- New item type: Book. Book-type items can hold writing on multiple pages within a single item.
- Generic wilderness auto-descriptions now mention the terrain blocking impassible directions.
- Fixed a bug where various melee attacks and maneuvers caused some dead creatures to try and flee.
- It is no longer possible to thresh or winnow while exhausted.
- Added a helpfile/wiki article about Khaldea.
- Targeted emotes will now correctly show targeted characters "your" instead of "you's".
- The emote command now accepts "@my", which will do the same thing as "@me's" and "@'s"
- It is now possible to use the pose command to have characters display their current pose.
- Orders will now consider carts or wagons pulled by the buyer's mount if no other suitable containers are found to store the purchase.
- Entering the get command without arguments now includes some examples targeting hidden and unhidden items.
- Entering the emote command without any arguments now gives a little more info on how to use emotes, including possessives.
- It is now possible to stop unlearning an ability and restore its functionality by typing ability unlearn <ability> stop. Messaging has been updated to note this when unlearning abilities.
- Multiple beehives on the same farm now suffer increasing inefficiency as more hives are added. Characters with the Animal Husbandry skill can see the current efficiency by looking at any beehive when multiple are present.
- Animal shelters now get gradually filthy over time rather than in large amounts once every several hours.
- Farm animals now put up with a bit more filthiness in their shelters before their production pauses.
- Fixed a bug that allowed items in for repairs to be retrieved before they were ready.
- When attempting to crush a crushable item without the skill required to do so, the player will now be informed of the skill requirements they do not yet meet.
- The following basic crafting recipes are now automatically available without needing to learn the recipe: ingot, medium blocks (stone), small blocks (stone), block (wood), tempered clay, cloth, medium lithic chunks, small lithic chunks, lithic shards
- Rooms that offer special druidic abilities now have an extra line of text to grab the attention of visiting druids. (Not seen via peering.)
- The new OccupantLists option can now be used to toggle between listing room occupants in a line-broken list (new) or a comma-separated sentence (default). Use the options command to toggle options.
- Shadow Cloak now indicates when its duration is getting low.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the lingering effects of Binding Tendril to expire immediately after triggering.
- The Stormholdt smithy furnace now has a functioning slag chute lever.
- The quality of a container item now has a small effect on the container's total capacity.
- Lockboxes acquired via the Treasure Scavenge ability now have a lock difficulty based on the area they're found in.
- Looking at lighter items (firestones, etc.) will now note that the item can be used to light flammable objects, as well as how many uses the lighter item has left.
- Examining items with bowstrings now notes that the unstring command can be used to remove the bowstring.
- The quality of worn items now has an effect on how much warmth they provide.
- Looking at or attempting to open portals that are barricaded shut will now indicate that they can be attacked to try and bash them open. (Some may be less obvious and not indicate this.)
- Messaging when attacking barricaded portals will now include a rough estimate of how close the barricade is to being breached.
- Post office Collect on Delivery collections of 1,000 or more riln will now be paid in the form of a banknote.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the additional melee reroll pushdown against targets currently being stalked by the ambusher.
- The quality of armor items now has a small effect on their encumbrance rating.
- The output of the combat command showing potential rolls now considers the base 100 applied to all combat rolls.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some mobs from using their grapple attacks.
- New simple town task: Shovel Snow
- Added some tutorial tasks about wilderness basics and auto-travel.
- A few trash barrels have been placed around Stormholdt Castle.
- Items found while looting defeated foes will now look for an alternative stow container if the character doesn't have one specifically set, or said specifically-set container cannot be found or is otherwise unable to store the items.
- Fixed a bug that was causing abilities set to unlearning to never actually be unlearned.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent foraging firewood.
- Bank locations may now potentially have limited banking options (i.e. a festival might provide on-site banking services that support currency transactions only - no vault access)
- Results of the check command at banks is now more concise.
- Results of the wealth command is now more concise, particularly with totals.
- Selling for a total of 5,000 or more riln at markets that have supporting banks will now be paid with a banknote rather than coins.
- Selling at markets that have supporting banks will now send money directly to the seller's local bank account if no containers are available to store money.
- Updated various bank-related actions to check if the character in question is in good enough standing with that bank's associated faction to make use of their services.
- Many bank-related messages will now specify which bank is being referenced, rather than referring to it as "your local bank".
- A certain step of the druidry initiation process will no longer cause the initiate's eyes to bleed.
- New recipe: bandolier. A container that holds throwing-knives, worn in the new 'bandolier' inventory slot with no other slot conflicts.
- Mounts and their riders now share combat engagement positioning with each other.
- Mount special attacks will no longer go on cooldown if they were not able to execute successfully.
- Item durability adjustments will now consider an item material's durability rating when reducing durability through wear and tear, rather than an item's material affecting its maximum durability.
- Item durability shown when examining an item now includes the percentage of remaining durability.
- The following items now have higher durability: chisel, saw, piton, small hand drill, awl, needle, scissors, all armor pieces/types
- Riversteel is now a bit more durable than standard steel.
- The travel command can now be used to auto-travel trails created by PCs with the Trailblazing ability. Auto-travel along established roads will not stop at forks created by such trails, however.
- Testing a changelog format update.
- Using the @ symbol now works across all bridged chat protocols that support @ mentions (some may be case-sensitive). @ mentions that match in-game usernames will result in the mentioned user seeing the text [PING!] on a line preceding the message.
- Fixed a bug that was causing immediate durability loss when attaching two items of significantly-differing materials together (i.e. wooden hafts and metal heads).
- The following processes now cause wear and tear on associated tools: hammering (pitons, metalworking), metal repairs, crushing stone into powder, building (construction), felling trees, chopping wood, weeding, carving (stone and wood), digging, leatherworking, cleaning pelts, cutting pattern-traced cloth/leather
- New recipes: scale cuirass, scale greaves, scale vambraces
- The "Knights Templar" wiki/help article has been added.
- Riversteel weapons now enjoy a small bonus to hack, slash, rake, and pierce damage types.
- Mobs that use a leaping pounce attack no longer avoid using said attack against mounted targets.
- The main material for crossbows is now based on its bow-stave component. Examine a crossbow to update its material if it does not already match its bow-stave.
- Bows and crossbows now have a damage multiplier based on the wood type of the bow stave.
- Javelins can now be stored in quivers.
- Flint can now be foraged in a few more locations.
- Logging out while sitting or lying on a gettable bedroll will now cause the bedroll to despawn with the logging out character and respawn when the character logs back in.
- The help/wiki article for Flint has been updated to be a little more helpful in discerning just where flint might be foraged.
- The Library of Qamar now has a stables just outside the main library.
- Channeling armor interference now has a "grace period" during which channels will not be dropped for characters with an Overall Armor Level of 2/Medium-Armored (5 seconds grace period) and 1/Lightly-Armored or lower (10 seconds grace period).
- Mounts can no longer be led into rooms they can't be ridden into. They will automatically re-join when their leader returns.
- Mounts will now despawn when their owner logs out, regardless of riding status or distance between mount and owner. The mount will respawn in the same location it despawed at when the owner logs back in.
- The initial act of stalking a target now counts as Stealth practice.
- New ability: Multi-Throw (Due, Mar, Ngt, All Adventurers)
- Most of the code related to channeling occult power has been refactored.
- Proximity between characters is now tracked for combat purposes, determining when melee attacks and similar actions are possible. Ranged attacks are always usable regardless of proximity. Melee actions will automatically advance toward the target if not close enough to perform the actions. Either character leaving the room will reset the pair's combat proximity.
- There are now two combat modes: Engage and Avoid. Avoid will attempt to keep distance from melee attackers and slow their approach, but will eventually be overcome if the target makes no effort to escape. These modes can be changed with the combat command (or the position command for those used to the old method).
- Stalking a target now counts toward closing combat proxity between stalker and target. More than one stalk attempt may be required to close to melee range.
- New Metalworking recipe: throwing-knife
- A new discoverable Druidry ability has been released into the wild.
- The following areas now have mount stabling services: New Emberlight (stables next to the Keep), Hanged Man Inn (stables just outside), Blackwater Logging Camp (animal pen in camp)
- Armor now interferes with active channeling.
- The ShowRolls option may now be used to toggle whether or not standard die roll formulae and results are displayed.
- It is no longer possible to open or maintain Sorcery channels while holding ferrous metal items or wearing ferrous metal items in the gloves, vambraces, armwraps, bracelet, or ring slots.
- RPAs (RolePlay Awards) now actually work by increasing experience gain per pulse and eventually run out.
- Markets will no longer refuse to buy dyes due to market flooding.
- Attempting to go through portals that deny mounts will now prompt the player to go again and auto-dismount. The character will automatically re-mount when they return.
- It is no longer possible to show, describe, or learn room abilities when hostiles are in the room or the inquiring character is hiding.
- The Metalworking article now has a section about sharpening bladed items.
- Several druidry abilities now have a sanity maintenance cost, reducing the druid's maximum sanity while active. These sanity costs stack, and some will cause sanity to no longer increase over time but instead slowly tick further down.
- Town and outpost peacekeepers are now more responsive to locals shouting criminal accusations.
- Outposts without proper jail facilities or banks (to handle debts) may now attempt their own brands of justice against criminals.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some mobs from having tougher-than-usual hit locations.
- The 'visible' keyword (or 'unhidden') can now be used to ignore hidden items that a character is aware of. Examples: look visible lockbox or get unhidden candle
- Fixed a bug that was preventing charge attacks when riding warmounts.
- Fixed a bug where leatherworking would eat up components on each repeating step instead of only the initial step.
- Anomalum chalk now shows how many uses it has left when looked at.
- Fires that can be stocked with extra fuel will now flicker when about to go out if they have no additional fuel left to burn.
- It is now possible to break (or crush) small branches by hand into kindling.
- It is now possiblbe to name disguised individuals. The name will be given to all disguised individuals who match the the same general description (any of height/build/eyes/hair/etc. that is visible).
- Characters can now choose "androgynous" as their gender appearance during character creation.
- Trees and forage have been added to the areas around New Emberlight and Blackwater Logging Camp.
- Fixed a bug that made tinder far too difficult to forage.
- The New Emberlight triage worker has burned through her savings and is now forced to charge patients for healing in order to make ends meet.
- Fixed a bug with the wilderness room auto-describer. Wilderness rooms should now be slightly less nondescript.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the calming effect of Druidry raw casts at beasts.
- Disarming lock traps can no longer be performed by characters with no Locksmithing skill.
- Choosing an aura color now triggers an hour-long cooldown during which another aura color cannot be chosen.
- The calendar command can now be used to see a list of the in-game days of the week and months of the year.
- Rooms can now temporarily run out of simple environment forageables (tinder, branches, firewood, rocks, etc.), prompting foragers to occasionally move to different spots.
- The arcana command can now be used to get info on a character's memorized glyphs. Example: arcana distyr
- The following effects are now dismissable: terlu, solca, iquaj, uyto, dorun
- There is now a studyable `dorun` glyph plate available to Arcanists in their area of the Library of Qamar.
- A certain window in the Tarueka Farmhouse now serves as an arrow slit and a jump exit.
- Fixed a bug that was causing new characters to see their own names as "template_character".
- Fixed a bug that was causing broken bowstrings to remain attached instead of being removed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed group members to follow into restricted areas.
- A group leader heading ashore from a ship will no longer leave group members behind.
- Fixed a bug where skill-enhancing items weren't being considered in effect duration display in ability descriptions.
- Fixed various bugs that were leaving closeable items "ajar" when they shouldn't be.
- Fixed an item-duping bug.
- Throwing darts at dartboards no longer causes an error.
- Looking at/through windows should once again give the looker a view of the room on the other side (if the window is set up to do so).
- Fixed a bug that was preventing characters from unposting their own posts from post boards.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing special attacks from getting their reroll bonuses.
- The Flip Flank version of the flip command - if the character is capable of it - will now automatically be used if that character's target or any other hostiles are in the room.
- New help/wiki article: Spearfishing
- New help/wiki article: Skill practice
- New help/wiki article: Calendar
- Fixed a bug that was occasionally causing mobs to briefly consider hostiles as non-hostile.
- Octum Spirits now take a round near hostiles to become agitated enough to go aggressive.
- Infested vagrants have had their weapon set changed to include weapons of lesser damage than before, or sometimes no weapon at all.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Odd Jobs tutorial task from completing.
- Energy will now regenerate to a max of 5% if a character has no nutrition.
- Fracture wounds can now be caused by significant blows of puncture, hack, bludgeon, or crush damage. See the "fracture" help/wiki article for more information.
- New woodworking/metalworking recipe: Crank handle
- New construction recipe: stacked stone well
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the ability to clear field plots.
- Filling buckets at primitive unwalled wells now causes energy loss and extra roundtime.
- New Locksmithing task: Pick Box Locks
- Fixed a bug that was causing mounts to be unable to regenerate energy. (Really this time.)
- New Scholar task: Shelve Books
- New Scholar task: Copy Offsite Document
- In-game announcements (including changelogs) now go to the #OOC channel, and will show even for users who normally have that channel ignored.
- Fixed a bug that was bypassing the Octum spirits spawn cap.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Octum spirits from utilizing some attacks.
- Fixed a display bug that was making sanity loss show the full amount even if the amount was reduced by Willpower and/or Meditation.
- New woodworking/metalworking recipe: Spinning-reel
- New metalworking recipe: Tiny rings
- A spinning-reel can now be attached to a rod along with some tiny rings to create a fishing rod.
- Bugfix: Mounts should no longer occasionally refuse to regenerate energy.
- Occult diagrams now vanish 30 minutes after being drawn.
- Learning occult diagram glyphs is now done through studying applicable objects (many of which can be found in the Library of Qamar), rather than by taking associated abilities.
- The new Glyph Retention ability is now available, allowing characters to increase how many glyphs they can memorize. This ability can be taken multiple times based on a character's Arcana skill.
- A certain room up on the West Shelf has been rewritten to no longer describe mysteriously powerful winds.
- The Stormholdt armory now sells some basic weaponry and ammo.
- The website changelog now has two options: weekly and rolling. Each has its own RSS feed available.
- Recently-unlocked items will now show as "ajar" rather than "closed".
- Riding mounts in the wilderness and attacking while riding mounts now yields some Riding skill practice.
- It is now possible to specify which road forks to take in a single travel command. Example: travel north northeast west would mean to start traveling north along the road, at the first fork continue on the northeast road, then at the next fork continue on the west road.
- Setting a fishing record now results in some experience rewards. (Once/day for daily record, once/month for monthly record)
- It is now possible for a character to hitch a cart they are currently pulling to their mount without having to first STOP pulling.
- Fixed a display error that was causing an ability description's defense rerolls to display its offense rerolls instead of defense.
- Fixed various bugs with mounted auto-travel.
- Fixed the output of the Armor Encumbrance Check text in the armor and combat commands to include the base 100 of the die roll.
- Fixed a rounding error that was granting 1 defensive reroll at 5 roundtime instead of the intended 0.
- Cloak Parry no longer requires an empty hand to use, but having an empty hand grants a bonus to its chances to trigger.
- Cloak Parry can now trigger even on successful parries, allowing Duelists to enjoy its additional effects more often.
- New Duelist ability: Main-Gauche
- Smelting furnace slag chute levers now simply drain any molten material when pulled, rather than acting as an open/closed toggle.
- A week-by-week changelog can now be seen on the website at cogg.contrarium.net/changelog and will be automatically updated every Monday.
- The following outfit subcommands now work: check, delete, rename
- Mounts have been added. Yeehaw!
- Foraging experience gains now suffer diminishing returns over time.
- It is now possible for characters to lead their mounts.
- Actions that automatically search for containers including carts will now also look for carts hitched to owned mounts.
- The War Riding ability is now available for all members of the Warrior Guild, as well as Rangers and Primalists.
- Small dagger-like weapons now receive a damage bonus to ambush attacks. Examine the weapons to see their bonuses.
- Small piercing weapons with ambush bonuses will now always use the Pierce damage type when ambushing.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing buff and summon spells from incurring their casting roundtime and energy cost.
- When entering an account name that doesn't exist while connected as a guest, there is now a confirmation step to create the new account during which another account name can be entered.
- It is no longer possible to create an account using the name of an existing PC or NPC.
- It is no longer possible to create a character using the name of an existing account, unless the character is associated with said account.
- Examining a closeable container will now note that the container can be closed and opened.
- Recipe info will now show a full examination of a sample of that item type.
- Items made of metal with impurities will now result in low qualities.
- Looking in furnaces with molten metal now shows the molten metal text in a spiffy assortment of colors to make it more obvious.
- Molten iron no longer turns into pig-iron.
- Smelting furnaces are now equipped with a slag chute and associated lever. Pull the lever to open or close the chute. When the slag chute is open, any molten material inside the furnace will drain out into a waste pit and be lost.
- The split command has been updated and is now able to target non-held items.
- The backstory command can now be used for managing a character's recorded backstory.
- Writing slates and chalk have been added to general stores.
- It is now possible to target a specific character or the entire room within the write command in order to immediately show the writing content of a writing slate, with the same double-colon syntax as targeted speech. Syntax examples: write ::room Hello everyone! or write ::bob You owe me cookies.
- Melee ambush attacks against a target with a Perception of 120% or lower than the attacker's Stealth will now cause the target to be "Surprised" for 3 seconds, preventing immediate retaliation.
- New help/wiki article: Stalk
- Bog Bodies now use more ghoulish unarmed attacks, and their mesmerize effect now has a cooldown as well as a skill check for success.
- Fixed various bugs related to suturing with bundles of thread.
- Fixed a bug preventing the stash command from finding a character's default "stash" container.
- Fixed issues that the in-game help had when trying to look up topics with multiple words or that contained apostrophes.
- Wood-burning stoves should now only be lit when temperatures are cold enough to warrant the extra warmth.
- It is no longer possible to trace tailoring/leatherworking patterns if the character doesn't know the associated recipe.
- Both weaving and tracing sewing patterns now require each piece of thread/yarn/cloth to be of the same color and animal type.
- Smelting has received a small overhaul. Furnace contents can now be seen when in use, molten metal can be seen in said furnaces, amount of slag by-product for ore-smelting has been reduced, and amount of ore being smelted now dictates how much flux is needed (roughly 1 charcoal per every 6 crushed ore powders. Having more than necessary will have no ill effects).
- Skill training rooms meant to train all classes of a particular guild will now include that guild's general skills in addition to a character's class-specific ones.
- Satellite guild chapters no longer offer ability training. Characters must travel to their primary guild facility to learn new abilities.
- It is now possible to browse new at markets in order to only see items that have been put up for sale within the past 48 hours.
- It is now possible to fill liquid containers at adjacent rivers, lakes, or seas when out in the wilderness.
- Adjacent wilderness sources of fresh water (lakes, rivers) can now be used for drinking and wetting clay. Both freshwater and saltwater sources (oceans) can used for cleaning.
- Skinning and butchering should now be smarter about finding suitable containers if no container is specified or set as a default.
- Target matching will now search for exact matches of text within double quotes. Example: order "a vial of red dye"
- Cleaning out animal shelters of animal refuse is now an auto-repeating action.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crossbow bolts and fishing tackle items to disappear and break their associated crossbows/fishing rods.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some bundled items to be worth more than they should.
- Knapping auto-repetitions are now 5 seconds instead of 30.
- Leatherworking is now an auto-repeating command.
- Cutting patterns for tailoring and leatherworking is now an auto-repeating process, and grants a small amount of experience/practice.
- Spinning wool into thread/yarn now takes far fewer repetitions.
- Sewing now has a slight energy cost.
- Recipe info will now show a sample description for that type of item.
- It is now possible for farmland renters to demolish built structures on their farms.
- It is now possible to sew while sitting down.
- The dive command can now be used in rooms where it is possible to jump into deep water below (using jump will still work).
- Jumping from land into deep water can now have a variety of message results based on Acrobatics/Swimming skill check, taking the Agility attribute into account for extra rerolls.
- Banknotes can now be used to pay NPCs for repair services.
- When attempting to sheath an item in an already-occupied sheath, the messaging will now say which item is already occupying the sheath.
- The sheath command will now attempt to wear applicable weapon types (i.e. longbows, shields).
- Results of the tumble command are now based on Acrobatics skill, the Agility primary attribute, weight encumbrance, armor encumbrance, knowledge of the Tumble combat ability, whether the character is in negative Balance, and whether the tumble was initiated from a standing, sitting, or lying down position.
- Using the tumble command now gives a small amount of Acrobatics practice, with diminishing returns that reset over time.
- Jumping down long falls and diving from land into deep water now gives a small amount of Acrobatics practice, with diminishing returns that reset over time.
- The output of the abilities known command will now also state how many abilities are known out of the the character's total possible abilities for their current level.
- Being rooted now prevents usage of the stance command.
- Quivering Bowstrings now degrade significantly less quickly through use.
- New help/wiki article: Swimming
- The Scholar Guild now offers Meditation training up to 300 to all members, with Arcanists up to 400 and Primalists up to 500.
- Attempting to climb an item that can't be climbed but can be jumped over/into/etc. will now prompt the user to try jumping instead of climbing.
- New common hair lengths: shaven, closely-shorn, jaw-length, hip-length
- New common hair styles: crimped, glossy, greasy, neatly-kempt, ragged, scruffy, shiny, silky, smooth, tangled, tousled, wiry
- Fixed a bug that caused carving bundles to disappear, and partials/leftovers to bundle when they shouldn't.
- The account registration and login processes have been streamlined.
- Refined matching in the look command to be less aggressive about trying to look at the sky/stars/moon/constellations.
- Temperatures now need to be a tad higher before being considered "Warm", "Hot", or "Sweltering".
- Various major changes to how commands, spells, and abilities are handled. Be on the lookout for bugs.
- A routine item-saver function has been added in order to reduce risk of item loss/reversion in the event of crashes.
- Fixed seed short description order. (Previously: "a pumpkin large pale brown seed" Now: "a large pale brown pumpkin seed")
- New common character builds: chubby, curvy, fit, full-figured, lithe, muscular, petite, portly, robust, skinny, slim, strapping, willowy
- The help command will now attempt to search for and return related titles if no exact title match is found.
- Lettuce and cabbage seeds are now available at general stores.
- Fixed a bug where newly-planted seeds could sometimes start out significantly wilted.
- Planted crops that haven't grown at all yet (planted mounds of soil) can no longer be seen as "wilted".
- Death now causes the loss of any experience in the experience bucket.
- Fixed a bug with the password command.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the recipe command from working.
- The donate command can now be used to donate riln in rooms with donation boxes.
- Fixed a bug that allowed animals to lay eggs beyond a shelter's maximum capacity.
- Occupied animal shelters now build up animal refuse over time, and must occasionally be cleaned.
- Cutting patterned cloth no longer produces cloth scraps.
- The combat command can now be used to see a character's potential combat rolls based on their skills.
- Dodge and Block skills now contribute 75% to their respective defense rolls, while Melee and Ranged skills now only contribute 50% to Dodge and Block rolls.
- Armor now causes a chance to lower potential rolls for attacks, combat maneuvers, and various other actions. The greater the degree of failure against the armor encumbrance check, the more the roll potential is lowered.
- The armor and combat commands now display the character's current armor encumbrance check information, based on skill and armor worn.
- The various warrior class Tactics abilities now grant armor encumbrance check reductions to certain classes of armor.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tumble and Flip to ignore the attacker's skills in the skill check and therefore succeed far more often than intended.
- New helpfile/wiki article: Armor Encumbrance
- Spinning yarn or thread will now, if a suitable stow container is found, automatically stow the finished product and continue spinning more of the product if adequate spinning material is still in hand.
- The containers command now notes whether closeable containers are currently open or closed.
- It is now possible to strip armor in order to strip only worn armor pieces and place them on the ground.
- Fixed a bug that caused carts to overfill from harvesting crops. (Really this time.)
- Bowstrings now take damage with use and will eventually break.
- Nightblades can now study the Sorcery skill in their Stormholdt training room.
- The market no longer buys unstrung bows.
- Attached item labels are no longer considered components of the labeled item.
- A character's active effects are now cleared upon death (with a few rare exceptions).
- Selling barrels of sellable liquids (i.e. milk) now only sells the liquid contents and leaves the seller holding the barrel.
- Crushing honeycomb will no longer consider vessels that already contain other items.
- The farm stockade no longer lists non-farming tasks.
- Fixed a bug in damage output text where damage that wasn't resisted was still showing 100% damage effectiveness (100% should not show any percent output, but rather be implied if no percent is shown).
- Fixed various container restriction bypasses when ordering from stores.
- The "arrow slit" mechanic has been implemented. This will allow ranged weapons and ranged attack spells to target arrow slits and other such designated window items in order to target hostiles on the other side. Some attack type restrictions may apply, based on the type of arrow slit item.
- Updated how attacker vs target challenge ratings are determined, basing calculations on difference percentages rather than a fixed range.
- The consider command now gives challenge estimation for both Melee and Ranged combat, and hints when cases of significant advantage over the target would not yield any experience.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Melee and Ranged skill practice from increasing.
- Unarmed strike attacks while channeling sorcery are now converted to nether-oozing fist attacks.
- New construction recipe: animal feed troughs
- New construction recipe: wooden toolshed
- Those characters who chose not to be Undying will now truly be sent to the great beyond upon death. (Characters created before the Undying choice was added to character creation are all assumed to be Undying.)
- The info command now notes whether a character is Undying or not.
- The wiki and in-game help command (which queries the wiki) should no longer be so picky about capitalization in article titles and search terms.
- Furniture (chairs, tables, benches, trunks, crates, etc.) now take up some farmland plot space.
- The farm structures command can now be used on a farm to get a list of each structure and its space taken.
- Farmland expansion maximums are now based on a character's combined Animal Husbandry and Farming skills.
- Some types of lore-study items may now only require the wait time before studying one's portfolio in a research area again for futher information, rather than having to study the lore item again between each research session.
- Auto-dirtkick on attacks now happens before the weapon swing, instead of after.
- The Glassworking skill has been removed (to eventually be introduced as a minor craft).
- The Warrior Guild baths now have clothing bins for quick changing.
- It is now possible to sell <container> contents gems, to only sell gems that are within the specified container. (Still, be careful and read the list of items to be sold before confirming.)
- The janitor will now remove mob corpses from rooms after a while.
- NPC healers will no longer ignore hysterical patients left by physickers.
- It is no longer possible to drag items that are currently being used to cook.
- Fixed a bug that was causing characters to respawn completely naked and without some of the flavor text after death.
- Defense against ranged attacks now has one less roundtime-based reroll than defense against melee attacks, with the exception of shield defense which suffers no penalty.
- The ContainerLists option can now be used to toggle container content listings between comma-separated sentences and line-broken lists.
- The Warrior Guild repair facilities now perform repairs a bit more quickly than public repair facilities.
- The general time of day (morning, noon, dusk, etc.) is now displayed along with other room conditions like environment and weather.
- The general time of day (morning, noon, dusk, etc.) is now displayed in the output of the time command.
- The exposure command can now be used to see a list of body locations with significant exposed skin.
- Wrist sheathes are now worn in the Bracelet slot, meaning two can be worn at once and they no longer count as skin coverage for the arms.
- The Bracelet and Vambraces slots no longer conflict with one another.
- Morale-based rerolls are now displayed rather than hidden (assuming roll numbers were being shown in the first place).
- The unsheath and gird commands will now attempt to find any suitable weapon in a character's inventory if they do not have a default weapon set.
- Fixed a bug that caused crossbow stocks to be weightless, which was in turn causing completed crossbows to be far lighter than intended.
- Fixed a bug that would occur when the load command was used without any arguments. (Now properly attempts to check held items to see if they're loadable.)
- Fixed various bugs that allowed selling of items to the market when the market was already overstocked with that type of item.
- It is once again possible to look sky.
- Fixed a bug where output from non-logged-in users using the help command could go to the wrong user.
- Crossbows now require a free hand to fire.
- The Mesmerized effect now prevents fending off attacks, tumble/flip dodges, and counterattacks.
- The calming effect of raw druidry casts now actually works.
- Mobs/NPCs have learned how to use ranged weapons.
- Food items are now a little more specific as to how appetizing or unappetizing they are when looked at or when using the food command.
- Fixed an error caused by using the travel command during roundtime or traveltime.
- Fixed a Storytelling issue where badly-received stories gave the wrong messaging upon completion (just repeating the finishing text).
- Glyph abilities can now be looked up via in-game help or on the wiki by their glyph name (i.e. "iquaj") or their common name (i.e. "blur"), instead of having to type out the entire ability name.
- Both the initial discovery of animal signs and the tracking phase of hunting now yield less experience, as well as diminishing returns within a short time period.
- A hunter now gets extra experience when defeating an animal they have hunted.
- Each discovery of animal signs in a room will now temporarily reduce the chances of finding additional animal signs in that same room.
- There is now a small energy cost associated with hunting.
- The Lore skill has been removed. Lore items can now be studied by anyone, though the occasional lore item may require knowledge in a relevant skill to notice.
- Neckerchiefs can now by dyed.
- Fixed a bug that was causing character Armor Level to not be calculated correctly.
- The Mesmerized status now reduces defense rerolls.
- The armor command now also notes the character's Armor Level.
- The Viali now have a help/wiki article.
- Fixed a bug that prevented cold characters from warming up in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some PCs to be neutral with various factions that were supposed to be hostile. (Again.)
- New Bushcraft/Weaving recipes: wicker buckler, wicker shield
- Fishing rolls are now displayed.
- Some basic info on Ivial has been added to the wiki/helpfiles.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bog Bodies from using one of their special abilities.
- The Fishing Shack now teaches the Fishing skill.
- The various binding effects of Binding Tendril now cause the target to suffer defensive reroll penalties.
- Tumbling to avoid an attack now grants some Dodge practice.
- The practice rate for Dodge and Block has been increased.
- Added a wiki/help article about Kindling.
- A task hub's task listing now notes experience and pay rewards for each task.
- Taking tasks from task hubs now includes a confirm step in which details of the task are given, providing an opportunity to learn more about the task before deciding whether to accept it.
- Delivery task names are now more informative about where the delivery is meant to go.
- The list command now functions as the task list command when used in a task hub.
- Spoiled sit-down food can now be put into any container in order to make it more convenient to transfer and dispose of.
- Digging for worms will now auto-stow found worms in an available container.
- Recent worm finds in a room will now temporarily decrease chances of additional worm finds in that room, encouraging worm-diggers to move to different rooms every now and then.
- Increased the chances for lockboxes to contain random extra loot.
- Chicken feed is now available for purchase at the General Store.
- Anvils are now considered instanced containers.
- Released some general information on the Faewyr people. (See the wiki or type HELP FAEWYR in-game)
- Searching market items now also considers crafting mark/brand description text.
- The market now considers many additional factors when it comes to categorizing items to determinine stock flooding.
- The palm command is now usable by those with the Artifice skill, no longer requiring an ability, and now grants Artifice skill practice with diminishing returns that refreshes over time.
- Those with the Artifice skill now have access to the sleight command, which can be used to perform some sleight of hand tricks that grant Artifice skill practice with diminishing returns that refreshes over time.
- The build command can now specify "make" or "new" as part of the command to indicate that the builder wishes to build a new instance of an item, rather than try to continue work on building an existing item in the room. Syntax example: build new handcart
- Fixed a bug that would often prevent auto-repeat planting from working correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Motivation Therapy to not apply any actual morale bonus.
- Reflection Therapy duration is now increased based on the therapist's Medical skill and Therapy affinity, with an additional bonus for those who have the Intuition primary attribute.
- The follow command can now be used as an alias for join.
- Player characters that are AFK and lying down in an infirmary now automatically accept medical treatment.
- Fixed a bug that prevented livestock from eating in certain situations.
- Lowered spawn rate for certain creatures in Two Falls Mine.
- Fixed a bug that prevented accepting items being given from within an open container.
- Animal feed that can't be eaten by PCs no longer shows in the output of the food command.
- New help/wiki article for "ambush": https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Ambush
- A post board has been added to the farm stockade interior.
- Marauder training rooms now teach the Artifice skill.
- Rangers are now able to learn the Druidic Bond ability, which may lead to further druidic abilities.
- The Primalist class specialization of the Scholar Guild is now available for those scholars interested in focusing on druidry.
- Shelving or retiring a character will now clear that character's aura color.
- Characters that have not logged in for 90 days or more will now have their aura color cleared.
- The OOC output of the time command now also mentions the sever's time zone (MST).
- It is now possible to specify "to ground" in the foraging command to place foraged items on the ground when found. Example: forage firewood to ground
- Beehives will now display their honeybee occupation level.
- Looking in beehives will now display honeybee occupation info even when the beehive is empty of items.
- Various actions and events can now affect beehive population levels, which in turn affects how quickly honeycomb and honey are produced.
- Chawtooth squirrels are now available for purchase at the farm stockade, filling the role of a common hutch livestock animal.
- Fixed a bug that caused various sewing recipes to be impossible to finish after the first step.
- The dismiss command can now be used to end certain effects early. Using the command without any arguments will list any active effects that apply. Dismissable effects will now also be indicated in the output of the effects command.
- Minor wounds no longer heal on their own without treatment.
- Emotes can now use the @ symbol to also target items in a room, instead of being restricted to characters only.
- The Bound effect now prevents many more actions.
- The MailNotify option (to send the user an email notification when their character gets IG mail) now actually works.
- There is now a Policy document, which can be viewed on the wiki or in-game by typing HELP POLICY.
- Updated the messaging when studying a lore item to prompt the player to specifically study the item they're taking notes in (such as a portfolio) at the library.
- Ability descriptions now provide info on any reroll bonuses.
- Fixed a bug that caused some PCs to be neutral with various factions that should have been hostile.
- ooc history and chat history work again.
- Targeted spell effectiveness/damage is now based on the endroll's percent of the caster's maximum potential roll, rather than flat difference between caster endroll and defender endroll. (This is to match how melee and ranged weapon maneuvers/attacks work.)
- Armor chinks no longer occur against unarmored hit locations.
- Incorporeal nethrim (shades, wraiths, etc.) are now immune to Stagger effects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented infested from moving room to room in heavily-infested areas (again).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Binding Tendril's neck choke effect from occurring.
- Binding Tendril now has a cooldown period, as well as inherent offense rerolls.
- Essence Leech now has a cooldown period, inherent offense rerolls, and no longer has an extra energy casting cost.
- It is now possible to dismiss the Shadow Cloak effect at will.
- It is no longer possible to pass guards while under the Shadow Cloak effect.
- Binding Tendril's knockdown effect now causes stagger.
- Essence Leech energy returns now get an inherent +5 per active sorcery channel.
- It is now possible to unstring a bow.
- Storytelling successes are now based more heavily on skill, and have a wider range of results.
- Gems of varying types (quartz, tourmailne, sapphire, ruby, etc.) are now considered their own separate categories for market flooding consideration.
- Indoor rooms that are considered "urban" environments (most manmade structure interiors) now have better insulation against cold weather and benefit more from room warmers (fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, etc). There are some exceptions, such as ruins that presumably are no longer well-sealed against the elements.
- Room conditions such as lighting, fog, crowd, and noise are now taken into consideration on stealth skill checks when sneaking from room to room.
- It is now possible for hidden characters to stalk a target, which will have the stalker automatically try to follow when the target moves to another room.
- Fixed a bug that caused buying in quanitities to not consider space available in a character's assigned stow container.
- Shovels now cause balance loss to the wielder when used in combat.
- It is no longer possible for a character to counterattack against attackers they cannot see.
- Fixed a bug that prevented mobs from spawning in some of the more heavily-infested areas.
- Infested marauders now have the Shield skill in order to properly utilize their shields.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing anomalum chalk from being used up.
- The old warehouse on Market Street is now open to the public, primarily to serve as a spot for freelance locksmiths to work where they won't get in trouble for the occasional accidental setting-off of traps.
- The retired adventurer Raggni Karth is now willing to dispense her wisdom to visitors at her booth through the curtain in the Lost Ranger Hunter's Lounge.
- Added the "gem" default container category option.
- All actions that end up automatically stowing an item (such as commands like stow, loot, transfer, etc.) will now do their best to check a character's default container settings and look for one that matches the item type. If no matching set container is found, the "stow" container will be used if set.
- Comfortable rest morale boosts now simply require logging out in a room with a comfortable bed, rather than having to lie down on the bed first before logging out.
- Risk now affects rerolls rather than maximum dice sides.
- Morale adjustments are now displayed to the player when they occur (with the exception of morale gravitating toward 0 over time).
- Looking at/examining food items will now give an impression of whether they look tasty or unappetizing (if either applies), in regards to morale.
- Looking at/examining food now displays how much total nutrition it will provide.
- The `food` command now tells how much combined nutrition the character is carrying on them (excluding items in closed containers).
- Characters with their faces hidden will now automatically briefly show their face to guards to pass by unhindered at checkpoints, provided the character has no obvious reason to hide their identity from said guards (hostile, low faction standing, wanted for arrest).
- Fixed a bug that caused ingots to be worth far more than they should have been.
- Fixed a bug that was causing ranged snipe attacks to omit some messaging to the target and bystanders.
- Stealth and Perception skill increases are no longer restricted to 10 ranks per level, but when considered specifically for combat ambush mechanics these skills will have their effectiveness capped at the character's level * 10.
- Several Stealth, Perception, and Artifice checks have been updated to the standardized skill rolling formulae rather than being their own hacky version. Part of this update fixed a situation where stealth and artifice checks unintentionally had extremely high odds of failure.
- Morale bonuses of the same source type no longer stack. If a new morale bonus of the same source type is greater than one already being experienced, the greater will replace the lesser rather than add to it.
- The market will no longer buy the charity clothing given to characters after they die (and mysteriously return to the ranks of the living).
- Indoor room temperature is now based on the local outdoor temperature (though slightly warmer due to being indoors), rather than assuming a comfortable indoor temperature.
- Room-warming items such as campfires or wood-burning stoves are now less effective at warming the overall temperature of outdoor rooms. However, characters in the room will be assumed to be positioned near enough to them to benefit from their warmth in cold conditions, unless a character is both in roundtime and standing/mounted and presumably moving about the area doing whatever they're doing.
- A wilderness room's obvious exits longer lists exits that lead to impassible terrain.
- Food that is only fit for animals now falls under the "Livestock Feed" market category.
- Training rooms that offer recipes will now indicate as much with a "recipes" notation next to the room name.
- When the help command can't find an article, it now echoes the phrase that the user input to help notice spelling errors.
- The transfer command now includes a line saying how many items were transferred in total.
- Snowballs can now be eaten or hurled. Hurling them will not cause most NPCs to become hostile, but may lead to harassment or hooliganism charges if abused.
- Added a few color varieties to the livestock available for purchase at the farm stockade.
- Feathers passively produced by animals (i.e. chickens) will now retain the animal's color.
- The Kildr Dale areas now have the correct weather data.
- Fixed a bug that would erroneously reveal a disguised character's identity in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause lanterns hanging on carts to get janitored.
- Fixed a lighting bug with lanterns hanging from handcarts.
- The transfer command no longer transfers items that are hanging on another item.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing concerned NPC townsfolk from dragging unconscious PCs out of the freezing streets.
- Construction activities now grant more experience and practice, bringing it on par with other crafting skills in that regard.
- Fixed a bug that was causing items that could be crafted by one of multiple skills to be valued more than they should at the market.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes provide the same skill twice for learning a recipe, forcing the player to choose despite both being the same.
- The recipe learn/info commands now require the full recipe name, as partial matches were leading to various issues and frustrations.
- Recipe info output now displays what sort of craft that recipe applies to, to help differentiate various methods of producing the same type of item. Knit mittens vs sewn mittens, for example.
- The recipe command is no longer prevented by roundtime.
- Attempting to learn a recipe via a skill that isn't available in the current room will now stop the recipe from being learned and provide information as to why, rather than learning the skill anyway via a skill other than the one specified.
- There is now a stockade by the Shadgard farmland road to provide farmland rent/expansions, livestock purchases, tasks, and training in the Farming and Animal Husbandry skills.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't withdraw the rent fee from a farmer's local bank account if they were starting new rent rather than extending existing rent.
- When a prey creature is found via hunting, the hunter will now automatically be targeting the prey.
- When determining where mined items will go, mining will now consider carts a character was the last to use even if they are not currently pulling/pushing it.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some mobs' gear to be average quality and in pristine condition, when they should have been damaged and low-quality.
- The Hearth & Home now has a party room equipped with an oven that requires fuel. The old always-on oven has been removed from the Common Room.
- A stationary public use ESP crystal has been set up in the Twilight Eye Services office of Town Hall (up the stairs and to the west). ESP can be both transmitted and received in this room even for characters who don't have an ESP artifact of their own.
- Taking a new skill that grants recipes will now inform the player of such, and prompt the player to use the recipe command.
- Bandages can now be produced via tailoring, mainly for purposes of new tailors having something simple to make that won't be terrible quality.
- The Scarf recipe is now simple enough for new tailors to produce them at average quality, so they have something to sell for an income.
- Closeable items can now be targeted with "open" or "closed". Example: get open lockbox
- Exits and portals in a completely dark room that lead to lit rooms will now show under Obvious Exits.
- The player will now be notified when adjacent rooms (compass directions or through open windows/portals) become completely dark, or were dark and have become light enough to be able to see.
- The travel command now accepts abbreviated directions ('n' for 'north', 'sw' for 'southwest', etc).
- The compass once again shows the `@` symbol at the player's location. The new CompassCenter option can be used to toggle this on or off.
- Milk-producing animals now regenerate milk in small amounts over time, and the milking process is now an auto-repeating process rather than a single once-per-day action.
- A certain dark area that people often get stuck in without a light source now has a roundabout way of providing temporary light for lost travelers.
- Fixed an issue that was causing PCs to appear seven feet tall when looked at, despite their actual height being otherwise.
- Fixed various room lighting/darkness-related bugs.
- The following items can now be forged (hammered) from copper: buckle, button, hinge-piece, hoe-head, horseshoe, ingot, large metal hoop, locking-pin, nails, needle, plate, pot, tiny rod, shovel head, skillet, sling bullet, small metal hoop, spoon, stake, tongs half
- Some occult effects, such as the `distyr` glow effect, now give a few warnings when they're about to expire.
- If multiple ESP artifacts are worn, charged artifacts will now always be considered before those that are out of power.
- It is no longer possible to consign starter gear.
- Updated energy restoration per tick to be more accurately based on the character's maximum energy. (PCs who have chosen the Constitution primary stat should now see slightly increased rate of energy regeneration.)
- The Stagger effect now prevents roundtime from decreasing.
- Updated the "Combat" helpfile/wiki article to be accurate to the latest combat changes.
- The Circle maneuver is now much more difficult to "defend" against, making it a more reliable means of balance gain.
- Slightly lowered the rate at which experience rewards diminish when an attacker's skill exceeds their foe's.
- Updated combat calculation output to include the endroll percentage (what percent the endroll is of the attacker's full attack potential), which is what damage is primarily based on.
- Experience calculations for defeating foes is now based on which attack type(s) (melee or ranged) were used to defeat said foes.
- Targets that are sitting or prone now suffer penalties to their combat rerolls (may vary based on attack type).
- Reduced the energy levels (from default) of foxes, goats, sheep, tomb hounds, mossy shamblers, bloodhares, alpacas, coral lizards, and tarruks.
- Free-moving mobs of the same faction will now generally avoid "clumping together" in the same room by default, though some mob types may not mind - or may even prefer - such social behavior.
- Spinning thread now expends some energy.
- Weavers with a skill over 200 now have a chance per spinning repetition to experience reduced roundtime. This chance is increased based on how much greater one's Weaving skill is than 200.
- The modify command now only provides options applicable to the item being modified.
- It is now possible to attach labels to other items with the label command, which is primarily useful for attaching labels to hancarts, wagons, and similar.
- When examining an item or viewing a recipe's info, quality terms will now also include a number in parentheses to more clearly indicate the quality level.
- Lit light sources now give a more detailed estimate of remaining burn time.
- Lanterns and lantern oil are now available at general stores.
- There is now messaging whenever a dark room becomes lit or vice-versa.
- The order of room occupants will no longer reverse whenever a PC leaves the room.
- Wool from different types of animals can now have differing market values based on animal type.
- Items passively produced by animals (such as chickens occasionally dropping feathers) now stop when there are already several in a room.
- Animals will now stop passively producing items (such as chickens occasionally dropping feathers) if they are hungry or their morale is low.
- Items passively produced by animals (eggs, feathers, etc.) will now appear in that animal's shelter, rather than on the ground.
- Fixed a bug that was causing items transferred (as opposed to put) into an instanced container to be available to anyone instead of just the character who transferred it.
- Qualities for most items crafted via Bushcraft are now somewhat lower (relative to skill level) than if they were produced via a more specialized crafting skill of the same skill level.
- The following woodworking recipes can now be acquired via Bushcraft: small haft, large haft, pole, quarterstaff, rod, shovel head, arrow stave, bolt stave, awl-handle, bark sheet, walking stick, whittled spear, chisel handle, cudgel, dowel, fireboard, spindle, scythe haft, knife handle, mallet head, small peg, skewer, stake, small stopper, tiny wedge, block, flatbow stave, spile
- Building projects are now auto-repeating processes rather than a single high-roundtime action. Steps required are based largely on the components required to be put together for a project.
- Multiple builders can now work on the same building project to complete it that much faster. All participating builders must have enough skill to work on the project, and either have knowledge of the project's recipe or be in the presence of another builder who does.
- Garments made from wool will now retain the type of animal the wool is from.
- Fixed a bug that was causing some weapons with outdated data to show as "heavily damaged" until examined or otherwise updated.
- Yarn and thread spun from animal wool will now retain the type of animal the wool is from.
- Shop/market items are now listed in alphabetical order (within each category).
- Shop/market items listed in the Armor category now also display their armor class and type for improved grouping and ease of identification.
- It is now possible for a character to target the handcart they are pulling, or that they were the last to pull, by using the "my" argument. Example: look in my handcart
- Fixed a bug that caused skinning some creatures to produce "a thing".
- Fixed the "look in my" bug that several people reported several times each.
- Various simple items (mostly components for further crafting) can no longer be higher than Average quality.
- Planting and harvesting now give farming experience.
- Fixed a bug that wasn't considering available space in additional animal shelters of the same type when ordering livestock.
- An item's quality now affects its market value.
- Handcarts and similar are once again considered when searching for a container in which to stow purchased goods.
- Eased up restrictions on putting, dropping, and stowing items while fishing.
- The survey command now also gives info on farmland (if present) and how it is being utilized.
- The farm stockade now offers a few tasks involving Animal Husbandry.
- Messaging about skittish prey fleeing melee attacks should no longer be sent to the wrong people.
- Potential cooking ingredients are no longer skipped when held in hand or already in the cooking container (skillet, cooking pot, etc).
- When preparing to cook a meal, extra items are now automatically removed from a cooking container and stowed, provided the cook has an applicable container to stow them in.
- Fixed a bug that allowed ruined skewers to continue to be used for cooking, which caused additional horrendous bugs.
- It is no longer possible to get/move items that are in the process of being cooked within a cooking container.
- A kitchen water pump has been added to the Porto D'esilio inn's Party Room.
- Component checks now also consider items held in hand, and items within held containers.
- Watering crops will now auto-fill an applicable bucket if a water source is present, will auto-repeat the watering action as necessary, and grants a little farming experience.
- Skittish animals should no longer flee when around other animals they're used to.
- Viewing one's own wounds and maladies (via the health or info commands, or looking at oneself) now lists hit locations that are affected by cold, and whether they are "chilly", "cold", or "freezing".
- Outdoor rooms now provide varying levels of warmth (for the purposes of recovering from cold) based on their temperature.
- The player will now get a message when a hit location has warmed up completely.
- "Chilly" room temperature now prevents cold hit locations from warming back up. (Was previously only "cold" and "freezing")
- Particularly warm rooms now have the text indicating as much on its own line, highlighted in yellow.
- Looking at food items will now show about how long the food has before spoiling.
- Looking at an item now is a little more informative about where the item in question is (in the area, held or worn by the character, in a container).
- Banknotes can now be used to pay for rent of inn rooms and farmland.
- Banknotes can now be used to pay for skill training.
- Looking at an NPC that the player hasn't assigned a name to will now start with a line saying what the player is looking at.
- Porto D'esilio's Adventurer Lounge is now in Pathfinder's Pub instead of the inn.
- Tarryn Vale and Tarueka have a new weather data set.
- Porto D'esilio now has a stonemason's workshop for training purposes.
- Porto D'esilio's inn now sports a Party Room for hosting events, complete with tables, chairs, a fireplace, a dart board, and a kitchen area with oven, counter space, cupboards for storage, and resident cooking trainer.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent cold hit locations from warming up.
- Recipe info will now also estimate what quality the crafter could achieve with that recipe, based on the crafter's skill.
- Crafters with a skill of 400 or more in their craft can now produce fine-quality items.
- Skillets and cooking pots can now be crafted via forging or metalcasting.
- Browsing livestock for sale now gives a categorized selection list.
- Ordering livestock can now provide some extra information on the animal.
- It is now possible to use the rent expansion command at a farmland rental office in order to increase the number of plots a farm has (as well as the weekly rent).
- Studying a lore item that has already been completely researched by that character will now recall all research information, rather than just the last research entry.
- Several animals now provide sinews when butchered.
- The new RoundtimeAlert option can now be toggled on for players who wish to be informed when their roundtime is up. To toggle the option, type option roundtimealert
- Promissory notes are now considered when buying items from shops.
- Banknotes withdrawn from the bank are now automatically stowed if a suitable container is available (preferring the one's designated currency container, if set).
- The recover command is now used to retrieve all items from one's own corpse, and dispose of said corpse in the same action. Items that don't have an available slot to to be worn or held in will be left on the ground, and the player will be warned not to leave them behind.
- The Tracking skill now has varying levels of effectiveness over a skill range, rather than being a virtual one-point wonder. See the "Tracking" helpfile for more info.
- It is now possible to use the loot command on lockboxes for quick and concise collection of treasure. This single command will open the lockbox (if closed and unlocked), stow any items from within that have a place to be stowed, and even toss the lockbox (if emptied out completely) into a trash barrel or equivalent if one is nearby.
- Fixed some bugs with certain items gained via charmseeking.
- It is now possible to study the Construction skill in the Porto D'esilio sawmill. (Will likely be moved to a more appropriate location later.)
- Fixed a bug that was causing fishing to be far easier than intended.
- Lockpick quality now degrades with use.
- A few new lock traps have been added.
- Risk incurred by stealth movement between rooms has been lowered.
- Silent Walking effects and environment-based stealth boosters now lower the amount of risk incurred by stealth movement between rooms.
- The mailbox command now shows mailbox info as if the user had typed mail.
- Foraging for stones can now also produce medium and large stones instead of only small ones.
- Added quite a lot of new aura colors.
- Digging for worms now has a higher success rate during rainy weather.
- Chickens now occasionally drop large feathers.
- Looking at a post board with new posts now only shows the new posts. Looking at the board again will then show all posts on the board.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Constitution primary character attribute to continually raise a character's maximum hit location damage caps.
- Foraged stones can now be hurled in combat.
- It is now possible to build woodsheds, which can store a very large amount of branches, split logs, firewood, and similar.
- Player-built structures now show how much room space they take up when examined.
- Structures that require building space will now note how much space is required in their recipe info.
- Boosted knitting experience rate to be more in line with other crafting processes.
- Characters with enough Bushcraft, Woodcutting, or Woodworking skill can now identiy fatwood pine branches, which burn significantly longer.
- A recipe for pine-knot torches can now be acquired via Bushcraft, Woodcutting, or Woodworking.
- Partially-crafted components and goods can no longer be sold to the market.
- The farm command can now be used to get information on how a room's farmland is being used.
- Structures on farms will now appear on their own line in room look output.
- Fishing rods can now be purchased at general stores.
- The Farming and Animal Husbandry skills can now be trained at the farmland stockade near Porto D'esilio.
- A basic triage healer NPC is now on-duty at the Porto D'esilio healer's cottage.
- Examining animal shelters will now tell how many animals they can house.
- Livestock can now be sold (generally at a loss) at livestock shops.
- Buying and selling livestock can now utilize one's local bank account rather than requiring riln to physically be carried and change hands.
- Payment for farmland rent can now be withdrawn from the renter's local bank account if the required amount isn't on-hand.
- It is no longer possible to transfer items to or from the ground while hiding.
- It is now possible to transfer items to/from "on" containers (tables, desks, workbenches, etc).
- Visible features (eyes, hair, gender, age, etc.) in player character short descriptions and when looked at are now more dynamic based on what worn attire may be covering.
- Worn costumes are now more obviously apparent when listing room occupants.
- Looking at a character who is wearing a costume will now automatically include a look at that character's costume.
- The output of the examine command now lists any features that will be covered by worn items.
- It is now possible to target costumed characters with words from their costume's short description. Example: look tall bedsheet ghost figure
- Fishing line and fishing hooks can now be purchased at general stores.
- Some flora growth can now be found up on the rocky grass plateau south of Porto D'esilio.
- Non-armor apparel worn in the "hat" slot once again provides protection against cold weather and frostbite.
- Fishing line can now be woven from barkcloth thread.
- Items that can be used for wicker weaving will now indicate as much when examined by someone with applicable knowledge.
- It is now possible to woodwork knitting needles from small straight wooden branches.
- It is now possible to remove consigned items from the market with the consign remove command.
- Several crafted items that have been created from a base component, or consist of components themselves crafted from base components, should now calculate their prices accordingly.
- The access list command now lists any farms one has visiting access to.
- Scrub brushes are now available at general stores for all one's hygienic needs.
- Fixed a bug that could result in item loss when characters logged out while inside their bank vault.
- Fixed a bug with the stow command that could cause it to bypass various restrictions.
- Fixed a bug that was occasionally bypassing normal dodge/block/parry calculations.
- It is now possible to put food into animal shelters, from which only the compatible types of animals will eat. (Hungry animals that can't find any food in their shelters will still scavenge food off the ground.)
- The Warding Sphere effect now takes on the color of one's aura.
- Fixed a bug that caused entering an occult diagram to apply the effect to the one who drew the diagram instead of the one who activated it.
- Fixed a bug that prevented channeled spells from being used if the channeler had more channels open than necessary for a particular spell.
- Sanity Therapy effectiveness now benefits from Medical skill and the Therapy affinity.
- Motivation Therapy effectiveness now benefits from Medical skill and the Therapy affinity.
- Assigned proper market categories to several item types.
- It is now possible to go to a bank and store an item from within a held or worn container without having to first hold the item in hand.
- It is now possible to prepay multiple days' worth of inn room rent by typing rent room <# of days>
- Auto-repeating actions now reset a player's idle timer.
- New glyph: `dorun` (warding sphere)
- Fixed a bug that was erroneously restricting writing to 32 characters for any writing surface instead of just for labels.
- It is no longer possible to enter the bathhouse bathing areas without first changing, and is no longer possible to leave the bathhouse while changed out of normal clothes.
- The new Graceful Dodge ability allows acrobats and dancers to apply a portion of their skill to Dodge rolls in a non-stacking alaternative to training the Dodge skill. Available to all at local barracks training areas.
- Items crafted with the Construction skill now retain the id of their builder and therefore can be branded with the modify command.
- Fixed various issues with tailoring duffel bags.
- It is now possible to steal from mobs that are set to have lootable coins, even if they don't have any actual worn containers. This can only be done once per mob per several minutes.
- Activating an occult diagram now grants a small amount of experience to the arcanist who drew it.
- Occult diagram effectiveness/duration is now based on the skill of the arcanist who drew it rather than that of the one(s) being affected by it.
- Tiny glass vials are now available at the Warlock Studies shop.
- It is now possible to release active channels in virtually any situation or circumstance. (Other uses of the command are still restricted in various circumstances.)
- The following damage types now have crit thresholds: nether, cold, fire, heat, light, electric, acid, alchemical
- The status prompt now has a section to indicate Fury levels, if above 0.
- Mobs now incur roundtime when moving from room to room, for the purpose of preventing them from immediately attacking defenseless PCs upon arrival.
- Cloth scraps can now be used as bandages in a pinch.
- Players with ANSI colors turned off will now see NPCs denoted by `(npc)` in front of the NPC's name in the output of the look command.
- Characters using the Berserker combat tactic will now gain Fury when landing or receiving hits in combat.
- New ability: Flurry
- Player characters that have died should no longer have their own corpses mailed to them upon their untimely demise.
- Emotes that end with a period/exclamation point/question mark followed by a close quote will no longer append an extra period at the end of the line.
- The command prompt experience bucket percentage should no longer occasionally show the wrong amount.
- The appraise command will no longer sell items.
- Fixed item sizes for bow staves of all types.
- It is no longer possible to retrieve ungettable items from bank vaults.
- Roundtime with ranged launchers (bows, crossbows, slings, etc.) has been reduced from 10 to 5.
- Strength now actually affects melee damage.
- The Fury stat now increases a character's Strength stat somewhat.
- Ranged weapon attacks now cost energy.
- Different types of bows now have differing roundtime and energy cost.
- Added longbows, with the highest damage, roundtime, and energy cost of all bow types.
- Characters with a Strength bonus of 1 or more (from any source, temporary or permanent) can now fire bows one second faster and with a reduced energy cost.
- Flatbow staves now have a minimum skill requirement like shortbow staves.
- Longbow staves can now be crafted by woodworkers.
- Added a help/wiki article explaining crit thresholds: https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Crit_threshold
- Each step of drawing an occult diagram now grants Arcana practice, instead of just the base circle.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for Physickers to learn some of their class abilities.
- It is now possible to use the clean gear or clean worn command to clean all of one's worn items that need cleaning in one command.
- Moderate wounds no longer heal over time without treatment.
- Untreated minor wounds now take twice as long to heal on their own.
- A character's wounds will no longer disappear when logging out.
- Added a note telling the player that it is possible to erase occult diagrams in the output of a few draw commands.
- The "wicker sandals" weaving/bushcraft recipe has been added.
- The pray command can now be used to recite a prayer out loud.
- Skills that have been modified by an effect now show their total and skill modification numbers in addition to the base skill number.
- Updated how room lighting, fog, crowd, and noise level affect stealth actions, making them more impactful.
- Success rate when palming items is now based on Artifice instead of Stealth.
- Attempting to enter a dark area now considers light-giving effects before giving a warning.
- Searching in a potential scavenge room with the Treasure Scavenge ability will now provide messaging even if nothing is found.
- Finding items via the Treasure Scavenge ability will now attempt to automatically stow them if a suitable container is found, and will set the scavenged item on the ground if no container is found and both hands are full.
- Each unsuccessful use of the Treasure Scavenge ability will increase the chances that the next scavenge attempt will succeed. This "luck" will reset upon a successful scavenge.
- It is no longer possible to choose "mixed" as one of a mixed-race character's dominant bloodlines.
- It is no longer possible to draw occult diagrams and such if the character cannot see.
- Fixed a bug that was causing errors when firing a crossbow.
- Updated metal ingots to have a more reasonable market value based on steps to create, like other forgeables.
- The draw occult command (with no other arguments) can now be used in roundtime to list known occult shapes, bases, and glyphs.
- The list of occult shapes/bases/glyphs is now alphabetized.
- ESP artifacts (such as crystal pendants) now continue to receive messages indefinitely, but will not be able to transmit outgoing messages when out of power (faded completely clear). Pendants that have run out previous to this change are unaffected by this update and should be replaced.
- Using the guild info command in a guild recruitment area now also lists the class specializations available in that guild.
- The wear command will now tell which items are already worn in a slot when trying to wear something in a full inventory slot that allows multiple items.
- The unarm command can now be used to attempt to put away any held sheathable weapons, wearable ranged weapons, wearable shields, and stowable ammo.
- NPCs no longer have a higher minimum defense than PCs.
- Metalworkers no longer need to craft the varying shapes/sizes of bar to then further process into more specific items. All metalworking is now done directly from a metal bloom (or ingot). (Recipe points will automatically be refunded.)
- It is no longer possible to stow items in closed containers.
- Combat defenses are now based on how much roundtime the target is in, rather than stance. Combat offense is always considered at full possible potential, rather than stance. The stance command has been disabled.
- The market now has a cap on how many of a particular item type it will hold before refusing to buy any more. (Does not affect consignment)
- Items in the market with a quantity over 25 will now reduce in quantity over time. (Does not affect consigned items)
- Experience bucket percentage is now shown in the prompt.
- The janitor has been re-enabled, meaning items left on the ground will disappear after a while. Safe places to leave items on the floor include bank vaults, inn rooms, and farmland.
- Updated some fiddly stuff with how accounts are linked to characters. Please report any bugs (missing characters, inability to log in, etc.).
- The storytell command can now be used. For more information see the "Storytelling" help/wiki article (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Storytelling)
- Farms now have a bit more space for items on the ground.
- The Hunter's Lounge in Shadgard now offers Fishing training.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing cold/freezing status to not show in the output of the health and effects commands.
- It is now possible to forage the grass of the Bluestem Plains, which can be used as feed for several types of animals. (Bring a scythe.)
- NPC physickers in infirmaries will now suture bleeding wounds.
- Items worn in the "hat" slot now provide warmth for the head.
- Treasure Hunters and Rogues may now learn the Treasure Scavenge ability.
- Bards and Rangers can now learn the Wanderer's Eye ability: https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Wanderer%27s_Eye
- Rogues, Treasure Hunters, and Bards can now learn the Thief's Tricks ability: https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Thief%27s_Tricks
- The weather for Shadgard and surroundings is now based on an area that should be slightly less perma-cold.
- A sawmill has been added in eastern Timberpine Forest, providing training in Woodcutting, Woodworking, and Construction.
- Infested vagrants are now armed with primitive weaponry.
- Added a confirmation check for moving while hidden into rooms that are un-hideable and will reveal the mover to all bystanders.
- The following skills can now only be increased by 10 per level: Melee Combat, Ranged Combat, Shield Use, Dodge, Stealth, Perception
- The prices of livestock have been significantly reduced.
- Campfires and campfire bundles can once againe be built without requiring a recipe.
- The Fishing skill can now be trained at the Porto D'esilio west docks.
- Porto D'esilio now has a general store in town square.
- Pieces of leather now indicate what size they are in their short description.
- Tanned leather now has a market value based on the size of the piece and, potentially, the type of animal it's from.
- There is now a help/wiki article for Mail.
- It is now possible to use skill increase <skill> max to increase a skill to the highest possible based on current skill and practice levels. Math can be hard.
- Fixed a bug that was causing all metal impurity levels to only show as "a few signs of impurity" instead of showing the more severe messages in cases of greater impurities.
- Lockpicks and tension wrenches can now be purchased in the Adventurer Lounge.
- Porto D'esilio now has a dedicated post office in Town Square. Post supplies such as paper, packages, and writing tools can be purchased within.
- The forest outside Porto D'esilio has a new set of forage resources.
- Some huntable wildlife has been added to the woodland outside Porto D'esilio.
- Areas populated by hostile mobs may now have entries with clear warnings, prompting characters of relatively low combat skill to confirm passage.
- A target who is sitting or prone will now have their minimum defense roll reduced significantly.
- The "a tiny wooden wedge" item is now "some tiny wooden wedges" and weighs a tad more.
- Crushing fibrous plants into fibers is now an auto-repeating action.
- Hammering items on an anvil is now an auto-repeating action.
- Metals with massive amounts of impurities can no longer be hammered pure or used for forging.
- Grinding blades at a grinder is now an auto-repeating action.
- Tannin will no longer be produced from inapplicable wood types.
- Tree bark can now be foraged. Different types of bark have different uses.
- It is now possible to produce barkcloth by foraging fibrous types of tree bark (such as cedar), crushing the bark into fibers, and weaving the fibers into cordage and cloth.
- Small and medium pelts should no longer turn into large pieces of leather when tanned.
- The crystals of ESP artifacts will now take on the hue of their wearer's aura, and lose that hue when removed.
- ESP artifacts now run out and stop working after several in-game hours.
- Crystal pendants (which serve as ESP artifacts) have been added to the lockbox loot system, and removed from off-the-shelf stores.
- New characters now start the game with a crystal pendant for immediate access to the ESP network.
- A rough indication of how much life an ESP artifact has left is now shown in its short description, ranging thusly: opaque, slightly faded, somewhat faded, mostly faded.
- It is now possible to set a default "hurled" container via container set in order to specify a container from which hurlable weapons will be automatically retrieved and hurled.
- It is now possible to forage while pulling a handcart, and foraging while pulling a handcart will automatically place foraged items into the handcart.
- Updated the syntax examples for mail alias to include instructions on how to remove a mail alias.
- Fixed a bug preventing the decline command from working.
- Added a notification when a skill's practice level catches up with that skill's current level.
- Pole harnesses now count as quick-draw containers in regards to auto-drawing a default weapon when attacking.
- The sheathe command will now attempt to find any applicable worn weapon container for the held weapon if a default container is not set or found for that weapon.
- Khaldeans have been added to the character race roster.
- The Urban Stealth ability is now available to Nightblades and all members of the Adventurer Guild.
- The Woodland Stealth ability is now available to all members of the Adventurer Guild.
- A leather goods shop has been added to the southeast corner of Porto D'esilio, selling various weapon containers and leather armor.
- It is now possible to hurl thrown weapons at foes.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused NPCs to take on the combat stance stats of random PCs. Don't ask.
- Maneuvers (tackle, sweep, shield bash, etc.) now take stance into consideration.
- The window of skill difference to gain experience from defeating a foe in combat has narrowed. Being more than 50 above a foe in skill will not grant any experience.
- The recipe points command can now be used to check on one's remaining/total recipe points.
- The "nail" crafting component has been converted to "some nails", and fewer are now required per construction recipe.
- Recipe info now shows skill required (if any), how many recipe points the recipe costs, and more naturally-phrased component names ("a medium wood plank" rather than "plank medium").
- The Construction skill and associated recipes can now be learned at the sawmill outside Porto D'esilio.
- The Stealth skill is now practiced by making attacks from hiding and by moving through occupied rooms while hidden (NPC crowds count).
- If a character enters a room with items currently in for repairs, the player will be notified that they have items in for repairs that can be checked on.
- Fixed server time to be back on US Mountain Standard Time.
- Removed some dimension-hopping NPCs that originated in another world.
- Fixed a bug that was causing foraging rolls to be multiplied much higher than they should have been.
- It is now possible to forage branches in areas with trees to look for straight branches that can be used for various crafting purposes.
- Filling the experience bucket no longer suffers diminishing returns as it gets fuller. Get that 100%!
- When a character's experience bucket becomes full, there will now be a message indicating that they should take some time to reflect on their experiences before they can learn anything new.
- Updated the output of the experience command to show lifetime experience.
- There is now a message to indicate that a character's experience bucket has become completely empty.
- The Footpad ability is now available to Nightblades and all Adventurer Guild members.
- Members of the Adventurer's Guild may now seek class specialization, as well as training in skills and abilities, in the exclusive Adventurer Lounge of Porto D'esilio's inn on main street.
- The Pathfinder's Pub has been added to the southwest corner of Porto D'esilio. Stop by for some drinks, swap stories with fellow explorers, and learn some tricks from the seasoned elders that frequent the place. (Training for Climbing, Perception, Bushcraft, and Tracking available.)
- The Porto D'esilio Smithy now offers paid repair services for items primarily made of metal.
- Porto D'esilio now has some guards taking shifts at the gatehouse.
- Porto D'esilio's weather should now be slightly less cold and less rainy.
- Added a few lithics foraging nodes to the Porto D'esilio environs.
- The streets of Porto D'esilio are now appropriately bustling with NPC crowd levels.
- Knitting now grants weaving practice on each step, rather than just the first.
- Tracing leatherworking or tailoring patterns now grants some experience and practice for their respective skills.
- The Forging Advanced Blades ability (required to learn dagger/sword metalworking recipes) is now available at the Porto D'esilio smithy.
- The pottery table in the Porto D'esilio Pottery Cottage now actually functions as a table.
- Fixed a bug that was causing creatures to never drop lockboxes.
- Selecting a guild class now gives a small info blurb about that class before confirmation.
- It is now possible to use the guild class info subcommand to get more info on a guild class when in a class training room.
- Fixed BBS issues with avatar uploads and image attachments.
- All inn rooms now include a wash basin.
- Physickers rejoice: Patient name variety has increased. (Thanks to Wish)
- It is now possible to put tea cozies on teapots.
- Mute characters can no longer use audible speech commands such as say, recite, chant, etc. This restriction does not apply in OOC rooms.
- When showing an item with writing on it to someone else, the target will now automatically read the writing on the shown item.
- It is now possible to simply type show
- to show an item to all characters in the room. (Everyone will read any writing on the item as well.)
- It is no longer possible to consign corpses at the market. Weirdos.
- It is now possible to use the goals reset command to reset all skill goals to 0.
- Items that are "pairs" (such as shoes, boots, etc.) now show that fact correctly in their short description.
- Fixed a bug that was multiplying tree-chopping (not felling) rolls by ... a lot.
- The changelog readall command now actually marks all unread changelogs as read.
- Porto D'esilio's Town Hall lobby is now a task hub, providing citizens with odd jobs to do around town.
- Porto D'esilio now has post boards in Town Square and the Dockside Market.
- Normal attacks no longer cause balance loss to the attacker or target.
- Fending off attacks no longer causes balance loss.
- A tanning tub, brining trough, and dehairing barrel have been added to the Shadgard tanner workroom.
- Dramatically reduced the time required to brine/de-hair/tan leather.
- New weaving/knitting recipe: tea cozy
- It's now possible to weave while sitting down.
- When selecting a recipe to learn, players will now be given more info on that recipe before confirming.
- The recipe command has been updated with the following subcommands: list, learn, known, info
- Rooms that offer guild recruitment or guild class selections now have a message stating as much when eligible characters enter the room.
- It is now possible for communal training rooms within guild areas to offer skill and ability training based on a character's class, rather than needing a different room for each.
- Town tasks now have a cooldown time before they can be taken again.
- The Warrior's Guild can now be joined from the Porto D'esilio barracks, and individual class specializations and associated skill/ability training can now be found within said barracks for members.
- Tapping riln now produces an audible clinking sound.
- When depositing or withdrawing money at a bank, the messaging now also indicates how much money a character has remaining on their person after the transaction, if any.
- Writing charcoal is now available to buy in post offices, in addition to general stores.
- Shadgard's bowyer shop has been converted into a Hunter's Lounge, serving as a place to train Tracking, Stealth, Perception, Bushcraft, and Ranged Combat.
- Shadgard's tanner shop now serves as a training room for Skinning and Leatherworking.
- It is now possible to use the gather ammo command to gather any ammo from the ground that one has recently fired. (Remember to use container set to set a preferred ammo container.)
- Ammo will now be automatically retrieved from an open worn container for ranged attacks.
- A character being attacked by any attack that can be dodged or blocked will count as practice for Dodge or Shield skills, respectively.
- Potters can now learn the recipe for tempered clay, which is required to make other pottery crafts.
- Sling bullets! Shape them from clay, carve them from stone, shape a clay mold of one so you can metalcast more, or throw efficiency to the wind and individually hammer them from short bars of iron or steel.
- New simple town task: Cleaning street lamps.
- Fixed a bug that prevented characters with no current tasks from being able to view available tasks at task hubs.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to sit on inn room windows in some cases.
- Task hub rooms now show the word "tasks" next to the room name.
- It is now possible to forage firewood (or forage deadwood) in forested rooms.
- Added the Eavesdrop mechanic to be used by certain abilities or spells.
- Characters of races with racial languages now have access to their racial language.
- The lobby of Shadgard Town Hall is now considered a task hub for simple around-town tasks.
- The Department of Agriculture in Shadgard Town Hall now trains the Farming and Animal Husbandry skills.
- More seeds have been added to the Shadgard General Store.
- The Two Falls Mine has been added. It serves as a source of iron for miners, but there are some mild dangers within.
- The Masonry skill can now be trained just inside the Shadgard Mine. (Until a better spot can be found.)
- Forging the various types of bars now takes significantly fewer steps.
- Creatures consisting of earth/stone now have a chance to produce mineral-bearing chunks of stone when looted, based on the area they spawned in.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing traps from being considered when spawning lockboxes. Careful out there!
- Typing lay down or sit down will no longer look for a target item matching "down", and instead work just like typing lay or sit on its own.
- The Shadgard infimary now sells bandages.
- The Porto D'esilio infimary now sells bandages.
- Bog bodies now have a chance to drop lockboxes.
- Fixed a bug that was making locksmithing skill rolls too high.
- New ability available to all Warriors: Combat Readiness, granting +5 to a character's base balance.
- Ability info is now ported automagically to the wiki. (Some more secretive abilities may not be found on the wiki.)
- The time command now reports if the time is post-zenith.
- Climbing rolls now have a smaller range of variance - meaning climbers are more likely to climb to the best of their ability.
- Rooms in which items can be registered are now indicated with the "registrar" flag next to the room name.
- It is now possible to register items at a registrar to help prove ownership and increase chances that said items will be returned to the owner if lost.
- The Knapping skill has been removed. Knapping recipes will now be learned via the Bushcraft skill.
- It is now possible to learn crafting recipes via the recipe learn command in an associated skill training room.
- Having multiple items on an anvil no longer prevents its use in forging. No more waiting in line to use the anvil.
- It is now possible to forage lithics in certain rooms to look for knappable lithics.
- Added a little bonus experience to the completion step of knapping an item.
- The quality of crafted items now compares the crafter's skill to the difficulty level of the crafting recipe rather than the skill cap.
- Tailored items now have quality based on the crafter's skill instead of always being default.
- It is now possible to dig for clay along several riverbanks.
- The Clayworks has been added to the Shadgard West Shelf area, providing pottery training and recipes.
- Added some sandy areas to the Bluestem Plains Trail where Shadgardian potters can dig for sand to use in their trade.
- Added the ability to make compass direction exits exclusive to specific organizations.
- Some skill training rooms now require characters to have a specific ability in order to receive skill training.
- The abilities command now works as an alias for ability.
- The douse command now works as an alias for extinguish.
- Updated the way character energy data is handled. Please report any energy-related bugs.
- Updated precisely-scheduled loops so they won't get skipped in the case of server ticker delays.
- Added the "Undying Status" step to character creation, allowing players to choose whether their character is Undying or not. Characters created previous to this update are considered Undying by default.
- There is now a #twitter channel in-game and on Discord that will echo posts from the game's Twitter account.
- New material: drakolin bone
- New material: riversteel
- Speech in emotes (any parts of the emote within double quotes) is now subject to the language system.
- Bug closure notifications will now send to any character from the bug reporter's account.
- Crafting an item now requires knowledge of that item's recipe.
- Added a help/wiki article on Canim (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Canim)
- Added a brief help/wiki article on Tyr-Gwyrd. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Tyr-Gwyrd)
- Added a help/wiki article on the Resen. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Resen)
- Added a help/wiki article on the Aetgardian Plague. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Plague)
- Added a help/wiki article on the Quarantine. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Quarantine)
- Added a help/wiki article on Nether. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Nether)
- Added a help/wiki article on the Kingdom of Lapis. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Lapis)
- Added a help/wiki article on the Mistveil Dominion. (https://cogg.contrarium.net/wiki/index.php/Mistveil_Dominion)
- Ability descriptions now include information about affinity bonuses, if any.
- Added the Line, Triangle, and Pentangle shape options for occult diagrams.
- Added the following minor occult glyphs: Entrance Activation, Verbal Activation, Delay
- Added several major glyphs to be discovered.