Musical instruments. (Props first, functionality later)

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
ThresherAle

Musical instruments. (Props first, functionality later)

Post by ThresherAle »

To quote my post in the "what little things do you want" thread that got locked:
Musical instruments. They don't need to do anything special, I just need me a guitar or banjo to play while I sing. A harmonica or jaw-harp to carry around in my pocket would be nice, too.
Even if it's just a prop item that doesn't actually do anything and it can get updated later, I'd love to have one. People are having a lot of storytellings recently and I just can't sing a song without my guitar!
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Onasaki

Re: Musical instruments. (Props first, functionality later)

Post by Onasaki »

+1

I want a flute, please. XD
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

I felt guilty when I cheated and emoted having a guitar to accompany my recital at the recent event, but I didn't want to keep abstaining from these events for being guitarless. Figured I'd bump this request again while I was thinking about it.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

Good news!
I have several instruments made and described, ready to go.

Bad news...
I need Rias to code some stuff and things for me to add them to shops (unless he's good with items first, code and function later)
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
artus

Post by artus »

Ma flute ma flute ma flute! Pleasy pleasy?:p

Jokes aside, love you all. Can't wait to see them live.
P.S. Also, Tin whistle for Tolliver? I remember he ic has one and used it somewhere and feel like stealing it.:p
Firesong

Post by Firesong »

This is such fantastic news! Even the idea of them being released made me squee out loud and startle my fiance and friends. I sincerely hope they will be available soon.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The Shadgard Music Shoppe now has some musical instruments and accessories! These are mere props at the moment but they're set up so they'll automatically work with any music-playing mechanics that get implemented in the future.

Larger or more delicate instruments must be stored in an instrument case - no cramming a banjo into a backpack or a fiddle into a satchel like a barbarian! The instrument cases can only hold musical instruments and associated accessories (tuning-fork, plectrum, horsehair bow, etc). Only one medium-size or larger instrument can fit inside a case at a time, but smaller instruments (jaw-harp, harmonica, etc.) and music instrument accessories can still go into a case even if there's a larger instrument already inside, as long as there's enough space left in the case. The instrument cases also have a strap that can be adjusted with the MODIFY command to have the case be worn in either the shoulders or back slot.

I'll let Rilulth in on the secrets of musical instruments so she can add some to Mistral Lake!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Forgot to add the horsehair bow. It's in the Shadgard shop as well now!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I'm operating under the asumption that the following is easy to do:

It seems as the musical instruments might be something rather eye catching when being held. Thus, I suggest they be add to display when LOOKing, as in '... holding a loot', and also when moving as in '... from the north, carrying a loot.'
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Gorth wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:07 pm It seems as the musical instruments might be something rather eye catching when being held. Thus, I suggest they be add to display when LOOKing, as in '... holding a loot', and also when moving as in '... from the north, carrying a loot.'
It is now so!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO