Berserker feedback and ideas

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Teri

Re: Berserker feedback and ideas

Post by Teri »

Lexx416 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:14 pm
Teri wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:53 pm Pondering my current experiences, for purposely generating fury I attack timing wise so the char is in max roundtime to get hit. I was thinking an ability to purposely give one's character negative rerolls for the next hit to produce fury, while maybe generating balance? The damage will hurt, but maybe literally using the arm to block the attack. Possibly with some defenses against bludgeon/crush because fractures and negative rerolls would be a pain as fractures are fleshed out in the future.
I have many levels to go really have more of the abilities to try things, that said.
(I'm glad you like the bleeding suggestion. With constitution my character currently goes, oh, bleeding, this is fine.)
I like the idea of that! I also like the idea of a "come and get me" type thing - where you voluntarily lower your defenses for a bit, and get to strike back with an attack when you get hit (without incurring RT for yourself).
:D exactly where I was thinking it could lead to. Instead of hoping to get hit, or preferably hit something, being able to control when you get hit to build off from.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Gorth

Re: Berserker feedback and ideas

Post by Gorth »

I find fury useful. I always have. It offers good damage boosts and with Strength (Or channel strength), but evenwithout, I can consistently hit unarmored areas/limbs. With that damage boost, I very often one shot things, once I've got the rotation going, and it feels good.

I love Berserker, but I play them a lot more risky than most people do, wearing only Brigandine Vest, Leather Greaves and sometimes Brigandine Boots. I get the hell beaten out of me, and in return, as long as I play patient enough, I generally get to float around the 500 energy point and offer massive attacks in return. I use a longsword with no shield.

I could use a gretsword or glaive, for more damage, but I don't see the need. Energy isn't an issue, but the slightly less fending reach has made me be able to fend off enough not to get mortaled on mass, but still get enough blood splattering the walls to make me angry.

I think the thing that people struggle with is that to build a resource like Fury without getting totally smeared on the pavement requires patience, and that isn't how people want to play a Berserker. which is fair. I styled my Berserker much different than the standard idea of it.

Once afinities come out, and people get rewarded for sticking with a big two-hander, I think they might feel a little more powerful, but it's hard to be hyper offensive in a game that punishes you for being hyper offensive. in most cases, I will specify. There's certainly times where alphastriking works, and this doesn't consider large group on large group combat. There's a million factors, but I think if Berserkers were given some sort of angry retaliation attack (without stepping on Dreadnought or Guardians' toes), they would fit perfectly into leader/second roll.

But I'll put out the sentiment that they feel more enjoyable solo in lower levels, on average. The feeling of blitzing through an area one shotting things with 25 Fury is unexplainable.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.