Company Code Requests/Ideas

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Lexx416

Company Code Requests/Ideas

Post by Lexx416 »

Just a thread for suggestions/requests/ideas regarding the company mechanics in game!

It'd be nice for there to be a Company Roster command, to see who all has joined. It also might be nice to be able to pay a monthly fee for a postal box for a Company, which could have limited access based around rank in company. And it would be nice if there were ways to name and maintain multiple ranks (for instance, someone might want to have a rank for Aspirant, Member, Senior Member, and Leader).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Re: Company Code Requests/Ideas

Post by Rias »

I'm working on Company stuff now. How would the mailbox access work? Anyone with the role/permission could retrieve mail sent to that Company's mailbox number?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 am I'm working on Company stuff now. How would the mailbox access work? Anyone with the role/permission could retrieve mail sent to that Company's mailbox number?
Yeah! That was the basic gist I had in mind, sorry for not elaborating. It might be cool to have a couple of services available at a fee for Companies, with the possibility for rank restricted access. I'm not sure how complicated it would be given your code, but to be able to pay for a shared bank account and vault could be pretty cool too.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've got ranks and roles separate, so ranks don't necessarily have to come with any permissions or anything. But roles can be assigned to either a rank or an individual. So you could say all Officer-rank members have access to the Recruiter role, and you could also make Bob specifically a Recruiter regardless of his rank. So ranks can be completely for fun/titles, if one doesn't want to assign any roles to them.

Roles I have in mind:
- Founder: Full control - only one able to disband the Company or change the Company name. Can be passed on to another, but only one person in the Company can have this role.
- Manager: Able to assign roles (except Founder) to others
- Recruiter: Able to recruit other people into the Company
- Promoter: Able to promote/demote other members (ranks)
- Treasurer: Access to Company bank account (riln only)
- Quartermaster: Access to Company vault
- Postmaster: Access to Company mailbox

All Roles can have their names changed per Company, but will also retain their canonical names for ease of discussion and whatever.

And yeah, I figured a Company bank account would be at no cost, but a vault or mailbox would probably have small monthly fees. Fees could be taken straight out of the Company bank account.

What other nifty functionality could Copmanies have? I really want to give this concept a lot of support so people feel it's both fun and useful.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Necroposting! Both for awareness/reminders about company ranks, and because it seems like we don't have a way to remove a person from a Company! It'd be nice if that was something the Founder and the Manager could do (but only to people lower in rank than themselves).
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Reviving this thread because I support it with my soul. Do eeeet.
Wut?