Funny stuff thread

Socialize with the COGG player community
Frisbee

Re: Funny stuff thread

Post by Frisbee »

OOC, while talking about the Rook Parlour:
Bork says, "The draw of being the baddest sorcerer of the lands is being the baddest sorcerer of the lands though. Nothing will stop me this time from playing an unnecessarily creepy old man sorcerer who wants to body snatch a younger, supple body for himself to avoid old age."
Vazbol just arrived accompanied by an ominous wailing chorus!
Bork says, "Ah, and there is the body I am looking for."
Bork nods to Vazbol in greeting.
Vazbol asks, "The, body?"
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

You see a scruffy mottled black-and-brown coydog.
A cross between a coyote and a domestic dog, this coydog has pointed ears, a long snout, and a scruffy coat of mottled brown and black fur. It appears to be a younger specimen with bright, inquisitive eyes contrasting its exceedingly cautious mannerisms and frequently-lowered ears and tail.
No obvious wounds or maladies.
It is holding some chevon and thyme stew in its right hand.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Junaid glances at a small cinnabar-red crystal pendant (slightly faded) and then Sarah.
Sarah tugs on a brass cuff embossed with lettering surrounding an argent crystal (slightly faded) with a questioning look at Junaid.
Junaid grins briefly, saying "Seemed like mebbe was the pendants bothering ya."
Sarah lets out a brief chuckle. "No. I've been wearing 'em for over two years - you slowly learn to tune out the nonsense."
Junaid amusedly says, "I hope so. Sometimes I'm lying down to sleep, and.."
[ESP-GRAY]: A green entity agrees, "Bongs."
You nod your head thoughtfully.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
artus

Post by artus »

This is what you get when you're half asleep and still want to talk about games:

I was typing to someone who didn't play Cogg after the usual how are you question, and was meant to say, "I'm making a primitive unwalled well and guessing what the next string for this hole is going to be. It's at large now."
What I got after 3 minutes was my friend asking, "What?"
I looked back up to my message and saw, "I'm digging a primitive unwell well."

Caution: don't ever use my well, for the well-being of your health and others.
artus

Post by artus »

Woohoo! I'm the master of slags now!

You pick up some crushed sandstone powder (traces of copper) and put it into a smelting furnace.
You pick up some crushed sandstone powder (traces of copper) and put it into a smelting furnace.
You take a tin ingot from your heavy canvas backpack (open) and put it into a smelting furnace.

You pull the chain to some large furnace bellows, causing air to rush into a smelting furnace and the fire beneath it to flare up!
You pull the chain to some large furnace bellows, causing air to rush into a smelting furnace and the fire beneath it to flare up!
You hear the intermittent hiss of bits of molten slag leaking out of the heated ore inside the smelting furnace.
In the smelting furnace you see some crushed sandstone powder (traces of copper, white-hot) (x5), a small tin bloom (red-hot), and a large slag bloom (dull-orange).

You take a large slag bloom from a smelting furnace and put it into a wooden trash barrel.
In the smelting furnace you see some crushed sandstone powder (traces of copper, white-hot) (x5) and a small tin bloom.
You hear the intermittent hiss of bits of molten slag leaking out of the heated ore inside the smelting furnace.
In the smelting furnace you see some crushed sandstone powder (traces of copper, white-hot) (x5), a small tin bloom (white-hot), and a large slag bloom (dull-orange).
The rest is a loop.

Time to make proper metal after this post.:)
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

You have 750 riln in coins:
750 silver riln (in a large clay jar of some deep-brown whiskey)
Funny bug. You can make money go to a jar, and then fill it with something.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Posting on behalf of Gorth whose output window was full at the time.
[Shadgard, Town Commons] (cart tracks) (OutUr) Afternoon, Chilly Rain,
You also notice (a lot of things,) a snowman (scuffed) (x14), a crude snow fort, a festive Winter Solstice holly tree topped with a white bramble-encircled star, and a snowman.
Eirlys slowly sighs, "Ye know. I think I truly, honestly, did that girl a disservice."
Caius appears distracted by the rain, until Eirlys talks, and then he asks, "Hmm?"
Eirlys idly folds and unfolds the cloak in her hands. "Sometimes I think I protected Ren t' much. But at the same time, I didn't want 'er doin' what I had t'." she speaks quietly, studying each individual cobblestone underfoot.
Sarah frowns severely and silently at the muddy mess that is her robe.
** a snowman (broken) has broken! **
Caius walks over and slips an arm about Eirlys with a little sigh, shaking his head. "Maybe," he says quietly. "I've always thought--" All of the snowmen sort of sluff apart at the same time, and he stops, gaping.
Eirlys leans her head back, cackling quietly up at the sky, that troubled expression all but falling away.
Caius turns slightly, smiling down at Eirlys. He huffs out his own quiet second of laughter.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

I declare this the most accidentally therapeutic bit of conversation my character's ever had after returning from death.
Speaking to you, Junaid says, "Thank you very much for the cloak. I love it, I'm gonna find a real special dye for it."
Speaking to Junaid, you say, "Careful when dying."
Junaid raises his hand.
Junaid says, "Well. Hopin' that won't ever be an issue again, 'till I'm an old man and in bed."
You say, "Er..."
Junaid grins.
?Hreidun? nods slowly.
Junaid says, "I know what y'actually meant."
Sarah seems to have realised something a little belatedly. She laughs, helplessly.
Junaid chuckles and walks off. "Master of the puns!"
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

That frack around and find out life.
A hostile encounter approaches!

You are surprised *and stunned* for 1 second!
A Liberi fighter just arrived.

You are no longer surprised.

You are no longer stunned.

A Liberi fighter swings at you with his copper mace!
2 crush damage (33%) (left hand, gloves)

Grrrrr! Counterattack! (3 sec)

You make a furious counterattack at a Liberi fighter with your kobaltarn greatsword!
161 slash damage (head)
Nasty slash exposes lumpy gray matter. *mortal*

A Liberi fighter has been defeated.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

You carefully examine a rough maple barrel of some deep-brown whiskey in the area ...
A maple barrel, useful for organizing storage or hauling.
It has some deep-brown whiskey in it. It's full.
Yep. We're gettin' married!