Game development suspended

Hear ye, hear ye!
Rilulth

Re: Game development suspended

Post by Rilulth »

Spidercat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:29 pmQuick question as it's something that came up in discussion. Will it still be possible to request custom esp colors still?
I can still do this, but I will add that if you shelve the character, the colour will be lost, just like you risk losing your colour to another when you shelve someone without a custom colour. It won't be saved for you. Just send in the email as usual :)
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
adresin

Post by adresin »

Mostly for rilulth but others might be able to do this.

There's currently a bug where we can't make things like yarn necklaces. I know this can't be fixed currently most likely, but is it possible these, or some other things you can attach shells to, could be stuck in a shop somewhere or thrown on the market?

I don't know about anyone else, but I only recently realized you could attach shells to necklaces like that. It's a small thing I know, but would be really neat since we can't make them ourselves. Of course, it's also possible there's already something else you can put shells on that aren't bugged or that exist in a shop somewhere, in which case I'll happily use those. It's just one of those cool rp item things that hopefully would be easy to do. Thanks, and as I've said before, I'm glad the game is still here even if development isn't happening. I've been having so much fun here with so many people.
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

adresin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:33 pm Mostly for rilulth but others might be able to do this.

There's currently a bug where we can't make things like yarn necklaces. I know this can't be fixed currently most likely, but is it possible these, or some other things you can attach shells to, could be stuck in a shop somewhere or thrown on the market?
I'll have a play around with it this weekend and see what's going on, but something like this would be cute in New Emberlight!
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Thank you, Shewel, for being the bearer of this news (for the fourth or fifth time). It bears repeating that this couldn't have been easy on you, or any staff member for that matter.

I wasn't entirely sure that I would post. After a day or two of puttering around the house and cleaning, though, I felt a few words should be said.

With that, and there's really no other way to put it, this is disheartening news. A year hasn't been long enough to play with you all, and while this isn't the end, I sat there for about an hour watching the currently logged in players dwindle to half of what it was prior to this announcement. Now, I'm no stranger to small player bases, but when you've come to roleplay, to collaboratively write this story that is Cogg, it's terrifying to see. I've witnessed more than one great game falter and fade away through lack of development and I don't like the thought of this one following suit. It's just too damn good a world.

But, you know what? We have three brilliant, knowledgeable staff members to help lead us through this unfortunate turn; until Rias comes back or leads us on to new adventures or whatever else may come. Events can still be run, storylines can still be told, merchants, shopping extravaganzas, you name it. It can still be done. I, for one, am not quite ready to give up and throw in the towel and will continue plodding on with my little toon, exploring and writing reports on what we come across, and lending a hand however I can to help our staff have just as much fun as us, for as long as they are willing to hold down the fort

There's still events to plan that don't need much staff input, a wedding to throw, and good friends and relationships that can still thrive for however long we've got yet.

I am sincerely grateful to Rias, for this game, for Rilulth, Ansarian, and Shewel, and the friends I've made (and reconnected with!) along the way.
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

When COGG was down last month, I was very concerned. I said as much to a couple friends, and we were in agreement in our concern for not just the game, but Rias, the person behind the keyboard.

I looked into pulling up a game I hadn't played in several years. When I tried to log in, nothing happened. This set me on a several-day-long digging up of games, to see which were still around, and which were not.
Three of them are gone, and it was very disheartening to learn about.
When COGG came back and the help files weren't back, I was really concerned, more than I had been.

I've had some of my own stuff going on, and certain headspaces don't lend themselves to RP, which is why I've been so quiet lately. I came on tonight and found this... and I just don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

I understand that there are times when we need to step back and take some time for ourselves. I think it's normal for some people more than others. I hope Rias takes all the time he needs, though I secretly hope this is -not- the end for COGG. It still has way too much life left in it.

My char is a loner, but I have enjoyed the RP with those of you who know her and who have been let in/have let her in. To all of you, I appreciate and want to hang out more with any and all of you for more than these two and a half short years. It's just not time enough.
deborah

Post by deborah »

A very quick question, I posted it in the #Questions channel but better to have it logged up. Do game Masters have authorization to retrieve registered items? Example, I lose a handcart and I pay to retrieve it.
Thanks 😁
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

I'll answer here too.

Yes, we can find and retrieve registered items still!

There are many things we can do as GMs with what we have, which is why we are not just abandoning the game. We just cannot add to the code, that's all.
tulpa —
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Rilulth wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:20 pm
adresin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:33 pm Mostly for rilulth but others might be able to do this.

I'll have a play around with it this weekend and see what's going on, but something like this would be cute in New Emberlight!
Yes so this!! I'd love to see this! Arna still has a pouch full of shells waiting to find their place in the world!
artus

Post by artus »

Quick question: can any gms do anything with help files, like editing for example? I'm asking just in case my soundpack links screw up on my end for whatever reason and said links happen to be in the helpfile. Just trying to make sure people can always access them in case the inevitable happens to my dropbox.

Yep, the pack is still going fine. Got a few people asking personally. May as well answer that. It's always worked on. Expect a public stable update quite soon even.
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

adresin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:33 pm There's currently a bug where we can't make things like yarn necklaces. I know this can't be fixed currently most likely, but is it possible these, or some other things you can attach shells to, could be stuck in a shop somewhere or thrown on the market?
After the fix last night, and testing this morning, you are able to wear your seashell fancies once more! I'll still look into adding a shell shack though with some other knick-knacks to sell, I'd just rather get a couple of other things done first now the main issue has been addressed.
tulpa —