Color Combinations

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
artus

Color Combinations

Post by artus »

Got this idea while roleplaying with someone about paints on my artist char. Since we have colored dyes anyway and tbh they could make perfect props for paints and stuff, I wonder if it'd be a fun little feature to be able to combine ttwo dyes to make a vial of new color dye. Doesn't have to be every color, of course, just some and at least some of the major ones, purple and light blue creates mauve, something like that because it's basically purple blue and white for the combination, and whatever else. Think it's just a fun little thing to add.
Thank you.
Ennielle

Re: Color Combinations

Post by Ennielle »

OMG yes! And... speaking of that... I know I saw something a day or two ago that had a craft mark on it, and it was striped. I want to know what this locked away secret is. Nobody else seems to be able to do stuff like this. Is it a secret club or something? *winks*
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

The colors list is a flat list that the game draws from, so it'd probably be a matter of hand creating a million combinations. They're not actual hexes, or anything, so these combinations can't be programatically determined. In other words, this is a great idea. Someone(s) will just have to collect a crap ton of these and put them here, if there's any hope.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

When I look up the ESP colors, by name, I am given hex values, all the time. Not for all of them--certain ones are made up/custom, but not many.
I think this could be doable, but maybe a bit time-consuming. I wish I had all my notes about the color wheel and which colors make which secondaries. I lost them years ago. :(
In short, yes, I approve, andn I agree and would love to see this, even if only with certain colors--blue, red, purple, green, orange, yellow, white, black, gray, brown. Maybe. Since they're the ones you would combine. I wouldn't, for example, try something like ice-blue and celadon-green. God only knows what that'd actually be. As a blind person, anyway, it's hard to picture. Blue and green can be teal, turquoise, aqua, any of those with blue or green... It gets complicated, but is so much fun to swim in.
Don't mind me :)
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Firerose wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:09 pm When I look up the ESP colors, by name, I am given hex values, all the time. Not for all of them--certain ones are made up/custom, but not many.
I believe he meant that they're not coded into the game as hex codes: it's simply text.

I do think it's a pretty cool idea though, but the amount of time it might take for anything past primary and secondary colors would be absurd and I'd rather development time be applied elsewhere in that case. Still! Fun idea!