Fond Farewell (for now!)

Socialize with the COGG player community
Squeak

Fond Farewell (for now!)

Post by Squeak »

I have enjoyed playing this game for just under a year, now. 350 days to be exact (at least at the point this was written). I've made several new friends and gotten to know a lot about everyone's characters; it's been fun playing with the lot of you - you know who you are - and getting to learn about your characters. Keep up the good work, all of you.

Unfortunately, I've decided to cut back on playing COGG. It's a great game, with a huge potential, and I've come to enjoy it greatly. There have just been some occurrences in my time here that have soured my experiences and made it incredibly difficult to find the heart to continue playing my character. I have to ask myself, "Why keep playing when there's no sense of purpose for what, admittedly little, I do?" and, sadly, the answer is, unequivocally, "Just stop playing." So, I’ve decided to take my own advice and limit play time to only a few hours a week, if that, or until such a time as the interest in continuing Chimaera’s story comes back. It’s been a struggle for some time now to drum up the effort to do anything worthwhile with him as it is, so hopefully a break will reinvigorate me to give him my best.

Now, I know I could probably just start another character and play from scratch, but that’s never, really, been my style. I give my all to that one character and hope for the best – splitting my time between several just seems, in my eyes, to be a disservice to the characters themselves. Kudos to those that can manage it; I’m not one of them.

A few parting comments: For all of Tolliver’s household, keep up the roleplaying, my friends. It’s been a delight to play with you all again and meet new faces by doing so. For Gorth – If you don’t keep Kyveli healthy, I’m taking her from you upon my return. Otherwise, keep doing what you’re doing, mate, and be a damned good RPer with which to interact with. Tessa, same goes for you. Having known several of your characters, I’m delighted that you’re one of those that can bring life to multiples. Keep it up. Lastly, for Sarah’s player – I fully expect you to continue with the meetings and minutes! You’ve been a god-send. For everyone else that's not specifically mentioned, and there are several, I've adored your roleplaying as well and hope you continue putting your heart into it.

And finally, for staff. I know you’re volunteers who have created this work of art for all of us to enjoy. It’s been great wandering through the world you’ve created, the heartaches and woes of the lands I’ve been a part of, and all the silly occurrences with my trusty mule, Seawise. Keep focusing on doing things for the betterment of the players at large and this game will be a force to be reckoned with.

I’ll still be lurking around on Discord from time to time, offering what help I can on #question, and being a general nuisance. With any luck, Chimaera and I will be back shortly with a reinvigorated sense of purpse!
Gorth

Re: Fond Farewell (for now!)

Post by Gorth »

You can't have her.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
artus

Post by artus »

Gonna miss you in the next Gaiyan meeting and other times around, man. Take care yo. Can't wait for your return.
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Squeak!
You are a lovely person to rp with! Thank you for the fun, the crazy, and the serious. Kori will always love her brother. I hope to see you very, very soon!
Also... *hugs*
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Having just met your character, this really makes me sad to read! But breaks are always good, honestly, when things stop being fun--to give us an opportunity to look at things with fresher eyes when we get back. I'll look forward to getting a chance to (hopefully!) bump into Chimaera and Seawise again for more random tree talk.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Well, that's unfortunate, but I hope you enjoy your break, my guy.
Lamia

Post by Lamia »

Well. Sad, but also, understood. You're so much fun and such a wonderfully responsive, lively RPer - you'll be greatly missed. I hope you do find your joy in, and desire to, play again sooner rather than later. COGG needs folk like you :)

Also, Joyous Yule and Merry Christmas to you today!
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Thank you for spending all this time with us. Thank you for sculpting such an interesting, compassionate, funny character. Thank you for being so incredible and generous and considerate with your RP. Thank you for sticking by my little person for so long, for who knows what reason, and making her feel heard, and appreciated, and cared about. And thank you for often taking the initiative to bring people together for the betterment of the game world, be it for infested-related matters, or storytelling contests, or kebab eating.

I must confess to tearing up an embarrassing amount during writing and beforehand. I wholeheartedly hope you enjoy your well-earned break, and, if I might be so selfish as to add, I hope you return really soon. Meanwhile, you and Chimaera and Seawise will be dearly missed.

Merry Christmas and all the best to you and the family.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Frisbee wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:49 am Thank you for spending all this time with us. Thank you for sculpting such an interesting, compassionate, funny character. Thank you for being so incredible and generous and considerate with your RP. Thank you for sticking by my little person for so long, for who knows what reason, and making her feel heard, and appreciated, and cared about. And thank you for often taking the initiative to bring people together for the betterment of the game world, be it for infested-related matters, or storytelling contests, or kebab eating.

I must confess to tearing up an embarrassing amount during writing and beforehand. I wholeheartedly hope you enjoy your well-earned break, and, if I might be so selfish as to add, I hope you return really soon. Meanwhile, you and Chimaera and Seawise will be dearly missed.

Merry Christmas and all the best to you and the family.
It's not like I'm dying or anything, I'll still be around.

But thank you all for the well-wishes. I'll be around before too long I'm sure.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

He's only dying if he makes me mad. </3
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.