Buying Buildings

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Alicron

Re: Buying Buildings

Post by Alicron »

I think what could help too is if there is a middle ground board somewhere too. Maybe New Emberlight could be a place where Mistral citizens on a market board can request a builder's help. I think enough people go there that word could be spread to builders in Shadgard?
That's not a bad idea. In the old days The Hanged Mans purpose was to act as neutral ground for anyone to 'hang' out but with all the changes over time, that has become something else. Also one of the problems of starting any new area or settlement is that people tend to not like run down taverns or crummy outposts so over time they become more and more grand.

To solve this, I believe a very simple delivery waystation, like a pony express rest point, could be built half way between Mistral and Shadgard. It could hold a post board and even offer some minor services. It could even become an event where builders are called to help, build, the place. However, I think it important to state that this should always remain a small, run down waystation and not let it escalate to anything more than that.
Agelity

Re: Buying Buildings

Post by Agelity »

Rias wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:34 am!
I think another thing that could help would be tasks or some market demand bonus to incentivize making basic components and selling them to the market for a little extra money and some experience. People will - understandably - naturally focus on making the stuff that's immediately useful instead of some basic component some other unidentified hypothetical crafter might happen to possibly need for some other hypothetical project at some indeterminate future time. And it's just not as enticing to make things like hinges and wheel axles when you could be making swords, right? So yeah, incentive for some of those boring but practical components.
I do like this idea, though I’d also maybe recommend is that for those who are learning the skill to not only earn a little extra exp/riln from it from completing the task, but also a bit of skill to help encourage people to shift to those items for their construction development, similar to the benefit of a COPY task in the library. Similar things can be done for other crafts as well obviously (looking at you, tailors).