Party time

Events run by players - no GMs necessary!
Lamia

Party time

Post by Lamia »

Hi everyone.

We're planning a Solstice party in Shadgard - nothing as fancy and elaborate as the Mistral balls of former winters, of course, but just something to get together and play together and have fun, we hope. You know, food, drink, intrigue, dancing, a chance to dress up a little bit, a chance to RP and be as silly/dramatic/romantic/mysterious/whatever as seems good to the individuals taking part.

The question I have is one of timing - what would be a good time to allow people in other parts of the world and in much different time zones to have a half-decent chance to join in if they are so inclined? We're looking at this coming Sunday - Lightsday the 17th in game - and were thinking of starting about 4 game time, but really don't know if that would be helpful to people who don't always have the opportunity to take part in frivolous stuff like this. Before we post about it in game I was hoping some of you might be able to assist.

So.....help us out here with suggestions for the most generally inclusive starting time please! And thank you.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Jilliana

Re: Party time

Post by Jilliana »

I think it's wonderful that you're being considerate and making sure as many people can participate.

I work from home so I'm a bit more flexible than most, but I think four game time is pretty decent. Not so late for the east coast players in the USofA to also join.

I suspect this thing will go on for ages, so even if people aren't there from the start, they will still be able to throw in their madness.

Can't wait!
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
artus

Post by artus »

I suppose 4 si close enough to my wake time so either I'll be able to join around that time or a bit before or after. I'm going to help however I can before the time, in case I'm late that day.
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

I think that is a decent time for USA people!
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

I'd like to request a more neutral venue if that seems feasible and IC. I know with recent game events, most people can go between towns freely now, but some are still restricted from one or the other. :)
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

Unless it's held outside, I'm not sure where we could hold it. The Hanged Man isn't exactly ... well, I don't know. Maybe it'd work? Maybe it'd give it somewhat of a better reputation? But that's still near Shadgard. I really wish we had someplace in Emberlight where we could meet. It'd be a nice place.
Thoughts? Also, Lamia, that's so kind of you, thinking of people not from the U.S. Very sweet. :)
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Irylia wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:18 pm I'd like to request a more neutral venue if that seems feasible and IC. I know with recent game events, most people can go between towns freely now, but some are still restricted from one or the other. :)
We want to keep out as many of those filthy sorcerers as we can, without directly saying it. Oops, I said it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Some venue suggestions, Morhollow's Roasting pit, the Laughing Salamander, more fond of the former idea myself as the latter seems a bit anti-winter. :D

It's about 1 AM my time, but I have a terrible sleep schedule and can be convinced to stay up for anything!
Last edited by Frisbee on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

Haha, yep. That's why I said if it's IC. If the party is meant to be exclusive then it's definitely in the right place :) As for location, I didn't have anywhere specific in mind.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Well, there's planned to be dancing and such merrymaking. I don't know if these places would support such things without prior reservation. But at this point, it should probably be taken in character.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.