Nether Lore Questions

The harnessing and manipulation of nether.
Lexx416

Nether Lore Questions

Post by Lexx416 »

Just a few nether related questions that have come to me recently!

Has anyone ever been able to determine the weight, mass, or density of nether in any of the various states/forms it can take?

Does all nether absorb light, or does it require special applications (Shadow Orb, for example) for that to happen?

Is there a specific tactile sensation to nether (including the "corrosive" or other damaging effects nether can have, but also beyond that: are there recorded instances of what nether feels like to the touch)?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Gorth

Re: Nether Lore Questions

Post by Gorth »

All I know is that nether tastes like not cotton candy.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Rias
DEV

Re: Nether Lore Questions

Post by Rias »

Lexx416 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:24 amHas anyone ever been able to determine the weight, mass, or density of nether in any of the various states/forms it can take?
Probably! But I don't know what I'd answer those with. Hmmm.
Does all nether absorb light, or does it require special applications (Shadow Orb, for example) for that to happen?
It naturally absorbs light, which is why it appears so very dark, but the degree can differ based on the spell/ritual. Shadow Orb is particularly absorbent.
Is there a specific tactile sensation to nether (including the "corrosive" or other damaging effects nether can have, but also beyond that: are there recorded instances of what nether feels like to the touch)?
It depends on the state of the nether at the time, but it's often described as slick, wispy, and viscous in its most common form. When in a solid state it can be smooth and remarkably low-friction, similar to ice.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO