Player character homes!

Hear ye, hear ye!
tulpa

Re: Player character homes!

Post by tulpa »

That's a great idea, Frisbee!

It made me think of "secret knocks". I'm thinking these could be arcane devices, a little bit more complicated than knocking three times, or what have you.

There could be motions/manipulations that trigger a glyph marked on the door. If a character knows the configuration, they can trigger the glyph to request specific things of the occupant (not necessarily limited to entry) and leave their aura colour as a calling card. Occupants employ Arcanists to install these glyphs in their presence. The glyphs alert homeowners remotely when tampered with.
artus

Post by artus »

Love the glyph idea! That'd sure give arcanists something nifty to do.

Does shouting from outside the house work? It doesn't work with inn rooms. I'd love to suggest a feature for both, actually, to be able to shout into a house or inn room without having to enter, though I don't know if it'll end up creating a sound polution in the towns with everyone shouting back and forth, lol.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

tulpa wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:47 am That's a great idea, Frisbee!

It made me think of "secret knocks". I'm thinking these could be arcane devices, a little bit more complicated than knocking three times, or what have you.

There could be motions/manipulations that trigger a glyph marked on the door. If a character knows the configuration, they can trigger the glyph to request specific things of the occupant (not necessarily limited to entry) and leave their aura colour as a calling card. Occupants employ Arcanists to install these glyphs in their presence. The glyphs alert homeowners remotely when tampered with.
+100!
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
shewel

Post by shewel »

Per the announcement, a merchant ship is now located at the New Emberlight docks selling some basic furniture items for homes. The sales system is a little different, but should be clear enough to understand. I'll be trying to be timely with deliveries, but due to the nature of home furnishings it was decided this will be a good first step to getting more permanent fixtures in homes until crafting recipes are available.
shewel

Post by shewel »

Please remember to use the contents command to check floorspace used as you plan your purchases.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

shewel wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:13 pm Please remember to use the contents command to check floorspace used as you plan your purchases.
Specifically, use the contents command in the show room of the merchant's ship in order to see what floorspace everything takes up! Very handy.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

shewel wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:56 pm Per the announcement, a merchant ship is now located at the New Emberlight docks selling some basic furniture items for homes. The sales system is a little different, but should be clear enough to understand. I'll be trying to be timely with deliveries, but due to the nature of home furnishings it was decided this will be a good first step to getting more permanent fixtures in homes until crafting recipes are available.
Thank you so much. I appreciate the options we have between things.

It'd be neat to see some of these things get programatically added to the room descriptions of houses, but that'd be a hell of a job. I can hope, but I'm happy with this all. I'm having fun picking stuff up and dropping it to sort the stuff in my house the way I want. Because I'm weird.

Anyway, you can't put jars and jugs and things full of things inside of cabinets. We need a liquor cabinet, though! Would it be possible to lift this restriction for the specific container?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

It'd also be cool if we could outfit beds with blanket and quilt. I'd rather it didn't say, 'a plain oak bed with some stuff on it' in the room description, but maybe just show them when you looked at them.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Maina

Post by Maina »

I am out of town and visiting family for the week. I have no access to my computer and MUD client. Will the merchant still be in place for next week?
shewel

Post by shewel »

Maina wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:50 am I am out of town and visiting family for the week. I have no access to my computer and MUD client. Will the merchant still be in place for next week?
Yes, I'll keep the merchant there as long as necessary (until alternative means of furnishing get coded up).