Player character homes!

Hear ye, hear ye!
tulpa

Re: Player character homes!

Post by tulpa »

What are the guidelines, if any, on using these cottages for "commercial" or consultation purposes? As, for example, a practice or a shopfront? Is that something that would be discouraged?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Feel free to do so! I just wouldn't expect any code/mechanics to support using them that way.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

I am excited for this, and gives my character a future goal! As someone who has a fasa character I like the Fasa idea of being able to build tents. I think in general it would be cool to do this.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I'm just quick noting down a couple of things that would be super nice to have for homes.

- A bed. Ways to buy / build beds. You know about this one, because we need beds and we don't get morale bonuses, yet.
- Ways to by / weave rugs.
- Ways to hang things on the walls, not super important because I don't know how it'd work in particular.
- Ways to frame things, like documents and art.
- Things we can buy to customize our homes. Like drapes. Come to think of it, you could just have them buyable, and then allow us to PUT DRAPES ON WINDOW, or something.
- Plants we could hang in the window, that'd maybe only be mentioned in the long description of the room, and when looking at the window.

I'm going to think of more, later. But a household items shop would rake in the cash.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

Hi!

I thought of some things that some folks might appreciate to be added to houses. Apologies if they've been suggested already.

• Window boxes
• Wash basin
• Built-in shelving
• Towel rack
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

It would be a nice touch to have mail forwarded to a mailbox at one's home, rather than collected from the post office.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

tulpa wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:24 am It would be a nice touch to have mail forwarded to a mailbox at one's home, rather than collected from the post office.
Dang, what a great idea this is.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Since we are doing furniture requests here now, small altars that you can build and/or buy for people to put their various Immortal (or anti-Immortal) paraphernalia on for religious RP.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Allow us to order the installation of cupboards, a countertop, a water pump / basin, and similar such things. Currently we need to account for all of these little things that a house might have, even if it doesn't make a huge amount of sense. I just think it'd be nice to have cooking supplies in my cupboards, next to my stove. I don't want to exaserbate hording issues, of course, though.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
deborah

Post by deborah »

We are working out the cupboard issue with a trunk, which will be sooner rather than later replaced with a chest.