OOC Arena Support

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Jilliana

OOC Arena Support

Post by Jilliana »

It has been mentioned to me quite a few times since the roundtables were put to a pause that the meetings with our fellow players has been missed.

Some of us were not enjoying the roundtables just for the opportunity to ask questions and the like and be picked on by Rias and staff, but also because we were finding it nice to interact with players that we don't typically come in contact with, both new and old.

The sharing of player-to-player support has been missed. The opportunity to ask each other questions about RP, mechanics and lots of other things was nice. The energy was something that's not really able to be replicated via the game/question channels.

The lack of mentor presence has been noted since Marcuson hasn't been around, and I'm not saying that as a criticism, but as a nudge to other mentors to show themselves.

I was asked to suggest perhaps opening the OOC lounge during the times the roundtables were usually held. If not weekly, then at least occasionally.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Rilulth

Re: OOC Arena Support

Post by Rilulth »

A note on Mentors, to start. These are volunteer positions and our current mentors are all in positions where this is a busy time of year for all of us, both mentor and GM.

I know some try log in when they can to help when they get quiet periods at work, but late year is always hectic! I know I certainly can't step in as often as I'd like currently.

I shall see about opening the mentor lounge every other Saturday for players to mingle and discuss mechanics. The concern is misinformation being spread, which is why we ask people to post questions to the BBS or Question channels rather than over DMs and such so we can step in to correct any misconceptions. I work Saturdays, so it may not be a super regular thing I do.
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

I'm glad Rilulth has made a general point about DMs. Without wishing to come across as snappy or excessively critical, I have something to add.

I think phrases like "Some of us are concerned about this" or "it has been mentioned to me a few times" (privately) can be a little bit perplexing. I know it may seem like it lends weight to an argument or suggestion, but the we-speak contributes to a kind of us/them feeling, for me. I'm concerned that these confidants feel unable to share their thoughts here or in #game, and curious as to why the available OOC channels feel unwelcoming or unsuitable.
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

Thank you Rilulth for the perspective. I appreciate it.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I miss the OOC get-togethers and just goofing around. I think it'd be fun to continue having some informal ones!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO