Crafting Suggestion: Oilcloth

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Squeak

Crafting Suggestion: Oilcloth

Post by Squeak »

As the title suggests, this is going to be a suggestion for making oilcloth from various player-made cloth currently in game. From the research I've done, it doesn't seem to be particularly difficult, and I think it could be done with the simple tools that are already present -- maybe with the option of having a Khaldean oil-press available at some festival!

Anyways, I was thinking ... what if rimeveil seeds, the ones purchased from the stores, could be CRUSHED in a mortar or pestle to release oils. This is unprocessed oil, of course, and then must be boiled in a pot for a time to further process it. Once done, it should be a slightly viscous substance that can then be brushed onto a swatch of cloth that has been mounted and stretched to ... say the tanning racks. Dual purpose and all.

And then left to dry. It would usually take several applications to produce a quality oilcloth, but for sake of expediency, I think one or two should suffice.

Or bring by a cloth merchant so I can buy oilcloth to my heart's content? Pretty please?