Development state and shift of approach

Hear ye, hear ye!
Firerose

Re: Development state and shift of approach

Post by Firerose »

I love how several of the INFPs that make up the playerbase weighed in.
Well here's another one.

I understand dreaming, chasing butterflies, needing to have fun doing what you're doing, feeling pressured or uneasy by demands for this or that or the other thing. There were times I felt people were too strong, too forceful, almost attacking, when they expressed frustration over things you were--or were not--doing. It made me sad and angry, because how dare we as players think we have the right to beat all over someone's labor of love without caring for the feelings of the one doing the creating?
The not-creative types don't understand the sensitivity that holds us, whether or not we want it to. It's not even a bad sensitivity. Too often the world says it is, suggests we should be planners, structured, organized just so.
I feel deep compassion for whatever you are feeling behind the words to your post. Sending you all the hugs in the world.
I'll miss the weekly roundtables, but I understand needing time to yourself, away from the demanding check-ins. I'm so sorry it felt that way at all. Huge respect to you for listening to your players as much as you do, while staying true to your dreams for the COGG world.
Verel

Re: Development state and shift of approach

Post by Verel »

I could definitely understand where you're coming from. I did very much enjoy the nature of these weekly meetings but ultimately it is your game so you get to work with it the way you want.

While I may have my own opinions on what I'd like to see, I understand that putting them out there in a weekly session like that can get a little exhausting and such so I'm sort of glad in a way those are gone too because while it was nice for the social aspect, I could sort of see where this was going where at some point, this was probably going to happen.

Have fun chasing those butterflies.