Octum 1223 is upon us!

General discussion of in-game events.
darkangel

Re: Octum 1223 is upon us!

Post by darkangel »

Honestly, words don't feel enough for this.
Thank you so much, Rias, Rilulth, and everyone else who worked on this.
I had been dieing for more Rhuidic lore for a while, and getting more of that, just squeeeeeeeeee*
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

artus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 pm *screams*
So many cultural items this year!

Also, thank you for the racial artifact! That's a smile for the mornin!
I had a lot of fun making the racial artifacts and coming up with the sayings (including picking the brains of the other GMs!)

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the festival so far! I fully intend on bringing some merchants around and adding a few more items as it goes on. The Twilight Eye place just keeps pulling me back with ideas. Perhaps I'll make a volmonk pendant...
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Rias wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:05 pm Small update: The Octum spirits on the roads now require varying levels of agitation before they become hostile, based on the "type" of spirit. Which is to say, most spirits will now take a bit longer before becoming aggressive.
I'd ask but I nearly never get responses when I do. So I'll just assume I am not the problem here and say that this does not appear to be the case. I still get locked by my horse kicking spirits over and over if I don't type travel commands fast enough at intersections. Regularly.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The angry spirits still get aggressive after only one agitation round, the rest are going through multiple agitation rounds before they become aggressive in my testing. Are you seeing non-angry spirits go aggressive after only one round?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I thought I had, but I'll continue to keep an eye out and let you know.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

You head northeast, riding Kyveli.
[Sparse Flat Grassy Shrubland Road] (OutWldPlGrFlDt) Mid Evening, Mild, Clear, Calm
An overgrown #trail leads northward through some abandoned farmland and toward what appears to be a small walled settlement near the river.
The area consists of semiarid grassy dirt flat plains, the ground dotted with foliage. A road leads east and southwest. A river blocks passage to the northeast.
You have trouble seeing in the low light. The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice some crude writing on a large rock.
Also here: (npc)a wispy black mournful spirit, (npc)a wispy black stoic spirit, and (npc)Kyveli (ridden by yourself, bloody, gore-spattered).
Obvious paths: west, northwest, northeast (deep), east (road), southeast, south, southwest (road), an overgrown northward trail.
Traveltime: 1 second.
(energy -1)
[Done moving.]
A wispy black mournful spirit appears increasingly agitated ...
A wispy black stoic spirit appears increasingly agitated ...
You fend off an attack from a wispy black mournful spirit with your longsword!
Your charger is spooked by the attack, but you manage to keep it steady!
In other words, yes.
Serity

Post by Serity »

Just plus-oneing the 'spirits getting agitated too soon', but also, it's possible they got agitated by someone else moving past them recently and they're just firing quicker on the next player that comes through. Just ran into a group that had zero agitation/wind-up time.
22:32:52 You head northwest.
22:32:52 Traveltime: 2 seconds.
22:32:53 A wispy black mournful spirit faces you and unleashes a howling, mournful cry! Your mind is overwhelmed with a sense of foreign fear and sorrow! You cower in fear! Roundtime: 15 seconds.
22:32:53 A wispy black lost spirit grasps at you with its chilling touch!
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Three times I've experienced Octum as a part of this wild world, and this has been the most incredible yet. This post is just to say thank you to all who have made it so.

First, to the amazing GMs, constant and returning, who have thought up all this magic for us, from items to NPCs to world events. None of this would be here without you.

And then, to a long, long list of awesome players who have indulged me with their RP during this month. It has been a pleasure witnessing the crusades, contests, and conversations that have transpired over the last few weeks amongst characters from both the south and the north, and it makes me feel honoured to be a minute part of this playerbase.

That is all. Keep on being fantastic.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.