Shadgard Miner Looking for Tin

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Alicron

Shadgard Miner Looking for Tin

Post by Alicron »

Hey all! I have a Shadgard miner who is looking for a good source of tin. I have tried the Knackerspite Mine north of Valeria but the Dominion seems to have dominated the area and won't let me mine there. I also tried the mine in the creepy scarecrow area but did not see any and was not sure if mining there would upset the locals. I also tried asking this question on ESP several different times and have had no real good leads.

So my question is simple, "Is there a place for a Shadgard Miner to mine tin?" I know I could possibly import it with bloated prices or perhaps travel to <insert mine of super instant death> do I have any other options?
Volinn

Re: Shadgard Miner Looking for Tin

Post by Volinn »

Probably a good thing to bring up in a more IC manner, I admit.
deborah

Post by deborah »

Hello. Have you tried to see if there is any permit that you should pay there? I went to the tin mine only one time and I could retrieve tin.
Anyway, agreeing with Volinn here, IC is the key.
--
Deborah
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd also add that if you aren't able to get an answer on the ESP network, you might want to post on one of the town boards :) That way folks that aren't necessarily online at the same time as you might be able to answer!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

If ever you don't get an answer over ESP, you always have the board posts to ask for information. Even better if you provide your mail number so people can send you answers.

I know it's frustrating sometimes, but don't ever give up.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

With the recent news (Novum 8th) that make it clear that Knackerspite is no longer garrisoned by Dominion forces, I just wanted to state that the idea that "the resources aren't available when they're garrisoned" is false. (Unless you're outright wanted and attacked on sight due to reputation with the faction owning the garrison.) This thread may mislead new people that garrisons stop you from being able to access a resource.

Garrisoned resources have a pay to use system that apply to both factions. There is a sign at the mine indicating how to purchase a permit to utilize the mine (when it's garrisoned).
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Alicron

Post by Alicron »

Kudos on the necro-post.

I eventually figured that out on my own. But people were for more concerned about talking about things in character than to realize that this was a mostly OOC question with OOC misconceptions.

I said:
I have tried the Knackerspite Mine north of Valeria but the Dominion seems to have dominated the area and won't let me mine there.
It would of helped a TON if someone has just answered with, "Yeah the game does have tin for you, try the mine again and ask for a permit." instead of being so afraid of helping a newb with an innocent question that might slightly infringe into IC territory.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I'm here to tear apart the veil and get bonked for oversharing. Glad you figured it out, and may everyone enjoy the free-to-use resource before the bandits move in!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Alicron wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:23 am
It would of helped a TON if someone has just answered with, "Yeah the game does have tin for you, try the mine again and ask for a permit." instead of being so afraid of helping a newb with an innocent question that might slightly infringe into IC territory.
Post three. Sorry, but like, a lot of people in character didn't know that the Dominion had occupied either Two Falls or Knackerspite as of this post. I think it was fair. I get it, though. The RTFM mentality, something that I share, can be very defeating. There's never really an elegant way to handle it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.