Potential Shadgard Town Meeting for 15 Septum

A mining settlement and haven for freedom-seeking exiles, recently beginning to embrace gas and steam technologies.
Gorth

Potential Shadgard Town Meeting for 15 Septum

Post by Gorth »

As seen on the Town Post Board:
I would like to organize a meeting of the citizens, on this coming Artisday (The fifteenth) at six bells post-zenith. The purpose is to discuss the town, and bring up any issues we feel are relevant to the town or her citizens. - Caius Capiverro #2818.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Rias
DEV

Re: Potential Shadgard Town Meeting for 15 Septum

Post by Rias »

Best meeting ever.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

:shock: If anyone happens to have logs for this, I'd love to see! I was away in the Dream World.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Seconded.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

There were some pretty sensitive matters discussed and there are likely a good few people who would prefer their comments not be shared publicly, so sharing logs probably isn't the best idea in this particular case (though do feel free to inquire IC). I will say it was a fitting contrast, at least toward the end there, to the prim and orderly meetings you get over in Mistral Lake!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Really, really enjoyed this. Wish I could have stuck it out until everyone dispersed but I had to run for a bit.
Lamia

Post by Lamia »

It was a very good meeting - I wish I had been there from the very beginning, but I arrived a bit late. Nevertheless, it covered some very significant areas and showcased a fair bit of interesting character interaction and display. I'm glad I got to see most of it at least.

On the matter of logs....okay, I was never a CLOK player, know nothing about it, and I'm still not sure if I have managed to make a proper place for myself in COGG, or if I have figured out how to play "right" here even after more than a year. That being said, forgive me if I step on any toes and please make allowances for my still being a stranger in a strange land, but - is there a reason why sharing logs of notable, amusing or otherwise significant RP on these boards doesn't seem to be a part of COGG's culture? I understand sometimes keeping things close to the chest in actual play, of course - I mean, obviously! But the boards are OOC, and if we can trust our fellow players in actual play to keep IC and OOC separate, shouldn't we be able to do so in the matter of logs as well?

That meeting in Shadgard last night seemed to me to be a fairly significant event in the town's ongoing life, and the boards seem like an ideal place to post such things, acting as a sort of an archive for such events. It may just be that in the other two games I've played for any extended length of time sharing logs was not uncommon and I am used to it, but really, it seems a criminal underuse of the possibilities when so much of game history and events could be kept relatively easily available for reference, or to give newer players who were not about for the actual events a chance to get some background and flavour. Yes, they can ask around in character, but that generally ends up harvesting a bit of a fragmentary picture.

I guess it's not really that important, but still - it just seems to me that the boards could be a great resource for keeping at least some game history.

Besides, I confess, I love seeing records of peoples' different RP styles. Anyway, I've simply been curious about why it just does not appear to be part of COGG culture ever since I started playing. No offense or complaints intended.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Navi

Post by Navi »

I’m pretty much in agreement with Lamia, and here’s why.
1. We're Already Sharing, So Let's Level the Playing Field:
Let's face it, when something epic happens in-game, we're buzzing to share it. We all know there's a group chat on Discord or Skype discussing last night's events. If the game doesn't provide logs, players will find their own ways to share. But this leaves out those who aren't in the loop, and that's just not fair. Instead of unofficially letting some players have the edge, why not provide logs so everyone's on the same page?
2. Fill in the Blanks for Our Characters:
We all love our characters, and we've woven intricate stories around them. Imagine missing an event but feeling that, in the game's universe, your character should have been there. NPCs are always 'around' even if they're not active. Shouldn’t our player characters get the same deal? Without logs, we're left guessing, and that takes away from our game immersion.
3. Some of Us Are Here for the Story:
Not everyone is rushing to be the center of attention. Some like to sit back, watch the events unfold, and enjoy the narrative. By keeping events a secret, we're robbing these players of the story they came for. And on a broader note, secretive events just breed unnecessary division in our community. Keeping everyone informed is the best way to maintain trust and camaraderie.
In short, while there might be hesitations about sharing logs, think of the bigger picture. A community where everyone’s clued in, where stories make sense, and where every player, active or passive, feels valued. It's high time we embrace gameplay logs for all events.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

In general, I tend to agree with Pigeon, but for this meeting I feel pretty iffy on the logs being released at the moment.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

If someone wants to, I won't stop them, but I agree with the naysayers, here. Even if you can keep it OOC, you've still read it, and it'll still affect you subconsciously a little, even if you don't mean it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.