What's one of your favorite items you've seen or found in game?

Socialize with the COGG player community
ThresherAle

What's one of your favorite items you've seen or found in game?

Post by ThresherAle »

Excluding items you personally own or have been given. I'm talking about items you've come across in the game that belonged to someone else or are just part of the environment.

One of my favorites is a journal in an out of the way spot that I check up on every now and then to see who else has visited and left a note in. It's not updated very often, but there's something magical about it and the fact that people sign with initials at most, no full names.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Frisbee

Re: What's one of your favorite items you've seen or found in game?

Post by Frisbee »

Anything everyone can contribute to changing, such as the example above. The tables/bars of most inns have lots of stories to tell, so many forgotten items there, from old documents to toys.

I also like the grass matts at some druid places. Never had a druid main, but always thought it was such a great idea. Adds so much to the atmosphere.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

The corpses on the way to Blackwater. There's not much needs talking about them. They're awesome. Bad Dominion.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

There's a certain pool of water in a certain (I think pretty obscure) area that I really like.

Also a fan of the book being talked about in the original post!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
nobody

Post by nobody »

The Diaspora! I know mechanically it's just moving back and forth from Emberlight to Porto and back, but it hints at/points to a wider world.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

I was visiting an NPC merchant and saw someone get this item custom-made:
a fine hooded mercurial-gray rimeveil cloak
I have greatly coveted something similar ever since. Doubly enjoyable because it reminds me of an item of a similar name from one of my favorite roguelikes, Caves of Qud.
artus

Post by artus »

The table and chairs set in the bakery with a splended slogan carved on it. It's a community effort. Everything is well done. The description is well done and the menues that come after it are very awesome, not to say I was amusingly appointed a very silly purposeless position by one of the craziest chars ic.
Also, as a joke that's actually kinda true, it shows how much I love food.:p
Teri

Post by Teri »

I'm glad the book is still there after a year. It made me grin many times while my character wondered if they would run into other writers. My favourite items were the totems left around in different locations before.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Navi

Post by Navi »

The orrery in the library. So cool.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I always enjoy seeing the maps and reports people make about areas they've explored. It's fun seeing the attention they pay to details they've come across and the conclusions they draw.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO