Mining and Construction permits

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
Rias
DEV

Mining and Construction permits

Post by Rias »

Mistral Lake has two new permits available: Mining, and Construction. The former is required to mine in Mistral's mine, the latter to build mine supports in said mine (and hopefully more applications in the future as more construction stuff gets added).
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Serity

Re: Mining and Construction permits

Post by Serity »

Oh, dear, the memes about "do you have a permit to eat that donut" are coming true... :lol:

Is it expected that once faction vs. faction starts, mines captured by Mistral will require these permits to operate within? I understand it doesn't make a lot of sense mechanically to do so right now (even if it would make sense IC) given there's only the one single tin mine and Shadgardians can't get Mistral permits but is it on the list for the future?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The permit system could certainly be used for that, but when it comes to capture points the "owners" would probably keep it simpler and just completely bar entry to all but their own.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

I may or may not be encouraging these permits >_>

Thanks for adding this one, Rias! I didn't even think about the mining one itself.
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Maina

Post by Maina »

Please keep encouraging permits.

I live for permits.

I want to collect them all, even if it's not physically possible (give me dunwyr druid/sorcery plz)