Horse brushes

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Horse brushes

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: It is now possible to brush a mount with a horse brush to try and improve the mount's morale a little. See the "horse brush" helpfile for more details.

People have been asking for ways to care for their mounts for a long while, and with horse brushing brought up recently I thought this would be a decent first step. It's not a massive amount of morale, so a brushing session isn't going to turn a super grumpy horse (like a non-working horse that's been made to unhappily haul a cart a significant distance) into a happy horse. It's mostly an RP thing, and a first step to more involved mount care. And of course, it'll grant the standard morale bonuses to the mount, so one's mount could be getting some reroll chances on their various skill rolls after some successful brushing.

Hopefully the information in the helpfile is clear enough. The way morale works is a little funky.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Re: Horse brushes

Post by Karjus »

Love it.

Suggestion: Have the CR scale depending on current horses morale. If you want to be nice, only a positive morale becomes harder to improve. If you want to be mean, have either a negative or positive morale make it harder to improve. A grumpy horse isn't going to be so easily soothed just cause you've decided to brush it.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I am very much a fan. Here's to hoping that higher Animal Handling, rather than Riding or anything else, could offer a chance of rerolls to the roll.

My only other request is that the action give you Animal Handling practice.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

With the new advent of gore being sprayable like a Saw movie, I have discovered that your horse can become coated. Could brushing remove that? Or slowly remove it?
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

I was working on a post for Basic Horse Care for cleaning them for additional Animal Handling practice. You beat me to it.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Update. You can CLEAN horsse. i'm dumb.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

It would be nice if brushing also removed the (snow-covered) tag from mounts. Since, you know, you'd be brushing the snow off of them.