NPC healers treat fractures with a slow-working unguent

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

NPC healers treat fractures with a slow-working unguent

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: NPC healers will now treat fractures with a very slow-working boneweave unguent. Unguent-treated fractures can still be splinted by PC Physickers to greatly speed up the healing process.

It's been some time now since the implementation of fracture wounds, and more recently some increased penalties to fractures. I think it's safe to say that leaving fracture wounds to be treated solely by PCs is not the way to go. Regardless of whether it's because of lack of interest or just bad timing availability, it doesn't seem like Physickers are jumping at opportunities to treat fractures when people call out for it. As stated, the NPC unguent does work very slowly, so seeking a splint from a Physicker PC is still going to be desirable as it'll speed the process dramatically, but if no PC Phsyickers are available, there's at least a way to get some slow-working treatment rather than the frustration of just not getting healed.

I think I've come to the conclusion that Physickers should probably focus more on unique boons and buffs rather than exclusive cures to ailments. I'd still like them (as PCs, not NPCs) to be the preferred means of getting healed when they are available, but leaving healing of anything beyond flesh wounds solely to PCs just doesn't seem viable. Thanks everyone for your patience with this stuff!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Serity

Re: NPC healers treat fractures with a slow-working unguent

Post by Serity »

I think I speak for nearly everyone when I say "thank you".
Squeak

Re: NPC healers treat fractures with a slow-working unguent

Post by Squeak »

Initial observation -

The cost for the unguent could do with a bit of an increase. 13 riln for a slight and 25 or so for a minor, even for something as simple as slathering on some unguent, is a little low in my opinion. Chalk it up to the costs of the materials.

The length of time for healing seems agreeable. A little less than an hour for a minor fracture and about twenty minutes for a slight.

All in all, I'm very, very appreciative of the addition. THANK YOU!