Ability Ideas - Impetus & Precise Strike

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

Ability Ideas - Impetus & Precise Strike

Post by Karjus »

Impetus
Ability Description: Using the the brief moment of impetus after hurtling into combat and putting your opponent off-balance, you follow up with another quick strike while the opening is still there.

OOC Description: After successfully staggering an opponent with a follow-up punch, you have a timed period to launch an attack with reduced roundtime and damage. If it lands, you also gain a small morale boost.

Notes
-Available to Marauders, Berserkers, and Dreadnoughts
-Only works on an offensive follow-up punch, not a counter.
-The window would be small, the idea being that it is used quickly and it places the attacker at a more compromised position due to stacked roundtime but allowing multiple attacks against one target who is in a compromised position themselves.
-The morale bonus would be a new category, so you wouldn't be able to keep stacking it. Could perhaps have a bonus to group members instead of the attacker.

May be too similar to Cheapshot/Quickstrike in general?

Defensive Strike
Ability Description: Waiting for the moment when an opponent is left reeling from a strike of your shield, you utilize the moment to land a more precise, quick strike while still trying to keep your own guard up.

OOC Description: After a successful shield bash, you have a timed period to follow it up with a quick strike with your weapon. It has a bonus to aiming, and while having a reduction to damage it still causes full wound levels.

Notes
-Available to Marauders, and Guardians
-Can work off Guardian defensive bash as well.
-The window would be small again, and the roundtime quick.

Not as happy with this one, but while I was writing the other, I just had the idea I'd give something a try.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."