Unguent usage based on wound severity

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Unguent usage based on wound severity

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: The rate at which an unguent is used up is now based on the severity of the wound treated. (In other words, treating minor wounds will use up less unguent than treating major wounds.) When looking at a jar with unguent in it, one will now see an estimate of how many major treatments' worth the jar contains.

This was done to remove the feeling that one should refrain from treating lesser wounds with unguents because it might be considered a waste of a full unguent dab. The unguent usage is now lowered by a tiny amount per each point of wound treated. People can now dab away knowing that they'll always be getting the same usage efficiency from their unguent, whether it's a tiny scratch or a major wound!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Re: Unguent usage based on wound severity

Post by Navi »

Hi,
Love this change. One thing you might want to look at is wounds that are treated with unguent that then take additional injuries. Let's say I have 10 points of damage on my left arm and I dab it with unguent, then take an additional 40 points. The wound will continue healing up to full even though the wound was only treated with enough for the 10 points. This was before the change, so perhaps you already considered this. HTH
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again