A mysterious "Too many commands"

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
artus

A mysterious "Too many commands"

Post by artus »

Hello

I'm not sure if this is just my personal soundpack or there's something wrong with the client as a whole. Basically it goes like this: I'd be somewhere, afk or doing something, and all of a sudden I'd see "((Too many commands - you cannot execute more than 10 commands per second. Movement commands are an exception for queued travel.))"

Following a client bug I've discovered while working on a pack for the other mud, I suspect it has something to do with some lua script that may have changed somehow. But it basically refused to let me log in on that mud and spammed hundreds of lines to the server until the mud disconnected me and changing client version worked. I've seen something on here even with the latest client build and with me doing absolutely nothing aside from afking, and I can't pinpoint what caused it, nor could I tell if it's just my pack or the client/server as a whole due to not being able to see server side input of whatever commands sent at once to produce that line. It seems random and happens both when I'm on my log in screen and in character. I'm on the latest mush build now and it fixed the other mud with that same problem. Not sure hy it does this here.

If anyone with input access notice any weird command spam or activities on soundpack users' end, mind telling me what the input is? I'd like to know and hopefully fix it.
Thank you, and love yall.