"You just can't seem to manage that in your ghostly state."

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Delphine

"You just can't seem to manage that in your ghostly state."

Post by Delphine »

So, having finally gotten to test out the death system (yeehaw!), I'll admit that the only thing I found disappointing about the whole experience was the fact that I couldn't... RP through it, at all. Which was a pretty big bummer as this was a very pivotal event (the first death and finding out my character is Undying!) in my character's story.

But thinks and emotes don't seem to work while in the death room as "you just can't seem to manage that in your ghostly state." Pray also doesn't work, which was an even bigger bummer. This seems like the absolutely perfect time to pray! I wasn't brave enough to test if ritual works, but I'm just assuming it doesn't.

TL;DR: This is me kindly begging that ghosts hanging out in the death room be given the ability to RP through the experience.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Navi

Re: "You just can't seem to manage that in your ghostly state."

Post by Navi »

While I completely understand wanting to narrate a character's decision. One thing I have always found rather interesting about the death systems is how uninvolved your actual characters are. They have no sense of self while dead, there are no memories or real triggers to drive them. In a word, they are pure. It is the purist them. With all that said, they can only make a choice. No contemplation, no thinking, no wishy washy. When people talk about walking the walk, this is it. I've been wrong though, so who knows. Maybe we'll be able to think while dead at your request. :D
Oh, and in the event it doesn't come to be, if you do wish to express that experience, you can share it here on the BBS. I am sure many of us would be thankful for the insight into your character's thinking.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again