Voicechat Questions for Saturday, 15 April

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Gorth

Voicechat Questions for Saturday, 15 April

Post by Gorth »

On 15 April we will gather to ask the big man Rias some questions, lore or otherwise, about the game. Post them here if you like, so people know what has already been slated to ask, or in case you will not be able to attend. The question will thus be asked for you and logged.

Mine follow:

Is April Fools a thing?
Are there any other commonly celebrated holidays of the Jester?
As I asked in the BBS post in the Guilds, Skills, etcetera topic, can you give us any specifics on what the ability trees will be looking like? My list of questions there was extensive, so I won't ask them all here, but the basics I think i'd like to know is: will we be getting more points at level 100 to compensate for smaller abilities? Will we have tiered abilities? Will we simply have a tree for Woodworking, Melee Combat, Acrobatics, etcetera etcetera through the skills and go no further? I have a lot of ideas, but I want to make sure I'm not shouting into the void and invalidating my ideas once the system unveils by virtue of my assumptions about the plans being very wrong.
Are there other warehouses in Shadgard that just aren't specifically mentioned? Calling it 'THE Warehouse' always feels a little strange. I just assume it's the one most visually promanent or something.
What is a demon? Are demons things people just casually toss out in conversation, as in: 'That guy's a demon of a drinker!' or something. What about devil?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
ThresherAle

Re: Voicechat Questions for Saturday, 15 April

Post by ThresherAle »

Now that the weather has warmed up, will the Shadgard rodeo be happening soon? What events will there be? I've heard talk of barrel racing. Any roping?
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Mutton busting, I hope.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

How does the general populace feel about the Harbingers? I recognize that this will vary from place-to-place and the immortal represented will absolutely play a part. But as a whole, are they generally looked at askance? With respect (fear-respect)? Scorned? I'm just curious as to how my character might be reacted to by the vNPC population skittering about.

Which of the Eight is the most popular in terms of NPC followers?

Which is the least popular?
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Gorth

Re: Voicechat answers for Saturday, 15 April

Post by Gorth »

Gorth asks, Is April Fools a thing?
Rilulth says, "Not as such. There is a holiday celebrated for Ujaeio by some folk that's similar."

Gorth asks, "Are there any other commonly celebrated holidays of the Jester?"
Rilulth says, "I would have to defer to Rias for a more solid answer, but I would say most performers or artists give dedication to him, especially before a performance."

Gorth says, "This may be a Rias thing, and i'll probably rebump the topic anyway but: As I asked in the BBS post in the Guilds, Skills, etcetera topic, can you give us any specifics on what the ability trees will be looking like? My list of questions there was extensive, so I won't ask them all here, but the basics I think i'd like to know is: will we be getting more points at level 100 to compensate for smaller abilities? Will we have tiered abilities? Will we simply have a tree for Woodworking, Melee Combat, Acrobatics, etcetera etcetera through the skills and go no further? I have a lot of ideas, but I want to make sure I'm not shouting into the void and invalidating my ideas once the system unveils by virtue of my assumptions about the plans being very wrong."
Rilulth says, "They look absolutely amazing, I can tell you that. All of us have had a hand in creating the trees. I'll divert to Fellborn for his answer on it."
Fellborn says, "Currently there is no intention for characters to get more ability points. Just like skills, the idea is that players will need to make choices about what they want to specialize in and pursue. Or, in some cases to branch out and generalize is. They won't necessarily just be based around a specific skill, for example a generic "melee" list of abilities though also some might. If by tiered abilities you mean you'll have to get one ability to progress into others, yes, that will be a thing."
Fellborn says, "If you're looking to suggest abilities, I would continue to do so as always. If you've thoughts on how to do the system, I'd suggest that as well though at this point Rias has a fairly firm opinion on how he is going to do it and we've had a look over it all. Suggests are always good, and what is there will continue to be expanded on."

Gorth says, "Are there other warehouses in Shadgard that just aren't specifically mentioned? Calling it 'THE Warehouse' always feels a little strange. I just assume it's the one most visually promanent or something."
Rilulth says, "There are. THE Warehouse is know as a hotspot for locksmiths. There are lore reasons behind it that should be sought after IC."

Gorth asks, "What is a demon? Are demons things people just casually toss out in conversation, as in: 'That guy's a demon of a drinker!' or something. What about the word 'devil'?"
Rilulth says, "Daemons are a viali thing, pretty much the opposite of aengels. Kurn herself is an Arch-Daemon so I could see it being used in casual conversation."

Gorth says, "ThresherAle asks: 'Now that the weather has warmed up, will the Shadgard rodeo be happening soon? What events will there be? I've heard talk of barrel racing. Any roping?' And Squeak suggests: 'Mutton busting, I hope.' So that was more a statement. Take me to court and drown me in legal fees and fines."
Rilulth says, "Rias has banned me from putting on the Rodeo because I did the Winter Ball and he wants to do a fun thing. So I will say yes, it is still going ahead and I shall nag him to get started when he gets back from his trip."

Gorth says, "Delphine asks: 'How does the general populace feel about the Harbingers? I recognize that this will vary from place-to-place and the immortal represented will absolutely play a part. But as a whole, are they generally looked at askance? With respect (fear-respect)? Scorned? I'm just curious as to how my character might be reacted to by the vNPC population skittering about.'."
Gorth amusedly mutters, "Skitter."
Rilulth says, "That is one that I'll defer to other GMs here as well. I know Bathal is pretty respected all over, but I'm sure there will be a few side-eyes if you start yelling about Balastrossa everywhere."
Gorth yells, "About Balastrossa everywhere!"
Rilulth asks, "As a Mistral GM, I will likely only react if you're being a fool about it, dragging bodies into down as sacrifice or as offerings. Fellborn and Ansarian?"
Ansarian remarks, "I'm really of the same mind since I primarily focus on Mistral. Harbingers can be anything between respected, feared, avoided. It's a rather variant stance on them given how different each of the immortals are. But yes it's typically tolerated in the Mistral areas so long as you're not going out and doing blood eagles for funsies."
Fellborn says, "As a whole, not entirely a shock to the Dominion though still unusual. Especially some of the individuals who wear more outlandish outfits. Aranas Harbingers, I'm looking at you. Those of Bathal are likely the most simply accepted both in part to whom they follow, and also the fact that someone else in heavy armor is hardly an unusual sight to its citizens. In regards to elsewhere, it will also vary greatly depending on how their respective immortals are seen."
Fellborn says, "Stormholdt for example, will likely not bat too much of an eyebrow at a Harbinger of Bathal, or potentially even of Kurn. This of course, will all depend on how said Harbingers act."

Gorth says, "I'm assuming Bathal, based on these answers, but Delphine asks: 'Which of the Eight is the most popular in terms of NPC followers?'."
Rilulth says, "I would say between Bathal and Aranas, looking at Aranas as The Architect rather than a weaver of lies and such."
Rilulth says, "Maaaybe Malfant, but you have to give something up to receive. For least popular, I would say Balastrassa. Poor, misunderstood betrayer."
Gorth yells, "About Balastrossa everywhere!"
Eugor says, "I would've thought Kurn cause of like, world ending prophecies."
Speaking to Eugor, Rilulth says, "Balastarssa opposes the Prime Immortals though."
// Her name has been changed.

Eugor says, "When you draw glyphs, you first have to specify occult. Occult is a broad term that encompasses all realms of manipulation of the supernatural. Does this then mean that we will see sorcery drawings, or even druidic ones? My thought is along with using the chalk, these other special types of drawings could use other materials, bones and body parts, and specially arranged natural materials like water from a special location blessed by a primal spirit, herbs, and other such things."
Rilulth says, "If you mean drawings like you do with Arcana, no. We do have a few Primalist abilities in mind that need to be dropped, but they will not work the same as arcana."
Eugor asks, "So no daemonic pentagrams and such?"
Eugor says, "Or I guess octograms."
Rilulth says, "Not planned, no."

Firesong says, "This is a silly question. is there a reason why dresses are considered to be coats, that is, the coat slot. I would like to be able to wear a coat over a dress. thanks."
Speaking to Firerose, Rilulth says, "I've said the same thing and bugged it to Rias. He's been focussed on getting plate out that it rearranged some things and just needs him to fix."
Ansarian says, "Rilulth is so mad over that."
Speaking to Ansarian, Rilulth says, "Extremely."
Firesong says, "Oh and um, robes. Firerose pointed out robes do it too. Think that might be intentional though, but that's super great to hear."
Rilulth exclaims, "Yeah the category went all weird. It has been nagged about!"

Verel says, "Anything planned for dreadnoughts? Just a curiosity if anything."
Speaking to Verel, Rilulth says, "Not until the skill trees are out. Dreadnoughts are in a pretty good place. If anything, Guardians need looking at."

Verel asks, "So, what's currently being worked on? What are the plans for the next several months now plate armor's a thing?"
Rilulth says, "Immediate plans are the Rodeo, the upcoming Khaldean Festival and perhaps a couple of Primalist abilities."

Gocu says, "First, a sugestion for either a new class of warriors or maybe an ability, martial combat. Martial arts. Either armed or unarmed. It'd be cool to have that sort of stuff."
Speaking to Gocu, Rilulth says, "If you could go onto the BBS and write up a post, we can look over it all. The likelyhood of adding a new class is slim with the ability trees being planned, but it may contain abilities we can use."
Rilulth says, "We do have one class currently that has an unarmed specialization, so it could be expanded on."

Gocu says, "As for my second item, I propose a new event, a summer archery contest of some sort. Something that will kick off the summer season and will get people coming to 1 place to enjoy some entertainment."
Rilulth says, "That could be something we hold between the Khaldean Festival and Octum Festival... I'll add it to my GM List I have going."

Belladana asks, "Can we come up with something that counts as armor when wearing skirts?"
Speaking to Belladana, Rilulth asks, "You mean like the Romanesque plated skirts or wear a skirt over armour?"
Belladana says, "The Romanesque plated skirts will work."
Belladana says, "I just want to wear more skirts without killing my armor."
Rilulth says, "Why would you fight in a skirt?? But anyway, I can mention it. I do think they were more belts though."
Ansarian sighs, "All I can think of when I hear that idea is how horrendously bad the female Rathian armour from Monster Hunter looks. Not a dig, but it definitely does look silly in that specific instance."
Belladana says, "Okay so you do know my boots have heels on them and they count as armor like I cant slip and fall."
Ansarian remarks, "All boots count as armour. Much to my displeasure as I don't think that all boots are really armour-worthy."
Rilulth says, "We'll look into different styles, and failing that I'll see if Rias would be willing to let skirts be worn over greaves."

Belladana asks, "Also anythoughts on adding more custom things that we can change about our characters? like hair styles for example?"
Speaking to Belladana, Rilulth says, "I have actually been playing around with how to alter characters and will periodically bring around a barber."

Lamia asks, "First, split skirts? Look like ladylike skirts, practical as pants, can wear with armour?"

Lamia says, "And second, I have an entirely frivolous question pertaining to oppoetunities for physical adornment. Would it be possible to make lizard scales usable as trim items on clothing? I think hems or sleeves or collars ornamented with them would be amazing. Also...no idea id this is possible, but, could scale armour be made with more than one colour of scale? (I'm not a crafter, they may hate the idea, but I want fancy clothes)."
Rilulth says, "Sayto lamia This was brought up a few weeks ago. I actually made a BBS post about different uses for scales and have been arguing my points with Rias, because I would also like to see more uses for scales. What it may boil down to is an ability, because the scales from wyrms, brachlyer and my drakes are thick, heavy and large."
Rilulth says, "Perhaps it could even be a skinning ability that takes the smaller, softer scales from a delicate area of the creature, like near the face."
Lamia says, "I remember the post, certainly, which is what prompts me to break out of my usual shy, subdued, wallflower position and ask this. Since from the moment the brachs were introduced, I have been dreaming of them as clothing ornamentation."
[TO Lamia (OOC)]: I am noting down in my roundtable notes that Lamia wants to kill your lizards and wear them.
[FROM Lamia (OOC)]: Geeeve me your scalieeeeees!
Rilulth says, "Well Rias did yell at me to make a post about it, and so I did."
Rilulth says, "Because I would like it too. I will also add I have been coming up with lists of things to add to adorn player crafted items, such as "burned with a leaf pattern" to leatherworked items. I do like aesthetic."
Lamia exclaims, "I like it. I like it all. Please make it so!"

Eugor asks, "To go along with the scale thing, I suggested being able to make mosaics on furniture, I thought that was a pretty neat idea. Imagine, a Balastrossa themed mosaic atop your table complete with offering bowl where you put uh, whatever Balastrossa likes I guess. Tacos?"
Speaking to Eugor, Rilulth says, "Could be something to work with with clay once housing is a thing."

Eugor says, "Any chance trick riding will be part of the upcoming rodeo? I am sure I'm not the only one who has enjoyed the barrel racing mechanics so far and would love to see more added."
Speaking to Eugor, Rilulth says, "I'm not sure. Rias won't let me suggest stuff for it."
Eugor says, "Wow time to mutiny."
Rilulth says, "Last time I tried that, he made me do this."

Eugor asks, "Is it possible to sell horses with pretrained affinities for racing as an event staff, or is that outside the realm of your uh, ability? I guess, permissions?"
Rilulth exclaims, "I can do it, but doesn't mean I will without Rias sayso. It looks like several are disagreeing also. Training your own horse up is more fun!"
// Yes. Rilulth is good.
Eugor says, "I agree, I sort of only asked to stomp the idea preemptively, I'm sneaky like that I guess."
Gorth says, "Eugor thinks he's a smart cookie. I like cookies. Mm. Snickerdoodles."

Ansarian remarks, "Also, the whole Event Staff, Game Master business. They're just titles really. Not one is above the other, they just focus in different areas. A lot of situations boil down to whether it's possible in the first place without Rias having to prep something."

Gorth asks, "How much difference is there in max affinity for barrel racing between riding horses and war animals? Am I just entirely screwed, even with 400 Riding?"
Gorth asks, "Or half screwed? Quarter screwed?"
Rilulth says, "Riding horses are always going to be more nimble and faster than warhorses."
You say, "I suppose I can't ask for numbers. Fine. I'll find out if I max it, and then cry."
Rilulth says, "But barrel racing is fairly new, and I've not actually tried it myself, so without doing so I really don't know."

Firesong says, "I'm here to advocate for my leatherworking homies and me. Bear with me. Could you lovely folks consider letting leatherworkers create leather tops, mainly tunics, as well as non-armor shoes? Also, can we also make totes and duffel bags like the tailors and weavers can? I promise I dont' mean to be a brat."
Speaking to Firesong, Rilulth says, "I've already asked for it myself."
Rilulth says, "Shoes I'm not sure of. It's something I think we'll bring up next GM voice meeting."

Ansarian exclaims, "Introducing: Cobbling. Invest your points here for the finest shoes around!"

Belladana asks, "Okay so about the warhorse vs racing horses does that count between the different type of warhorses or are they all the same?"
Speaking to Belladana, Rilulth says, "Like I said, until I actually try it myself, I don't actually know what stat of the horse if pulls from."
Rilulth says, "In before mules are the best."
Ansarian says, "We already knew this."
// Mule noises

Belladana asks, "Also if we give leather tunics totes etc to leatherworkers can it be after we get more clothing options for tailors?"
Speaking to Belladana, Rilulth asks, "Do you have any suggestions for more tailored clothes? I know you don't like the BBS, but you could email them to me?"
Speaking to Rilulth, Belladana exclaims, "I have tuns!"
Speaking to Belladana, Rilulth says, "Send me an email to the cogg address and I'll add them to my huge crafting post on the GM BBS."

Belladana asks, "Please please tell me we are getting fancy perfume at the festival?"
Rilulth says, "I think shewel was testing some out. Might not be ready for Khaldea, but maybe Octum."
Rilulth says, "We're gonna make Lexx smell like a posy."

Vaelin asks, "Just a quick question about plate armor... so plate mail deflection is different from armor deflection? and if not, will those two stack?"
Fellborn says, "No. They're not. It is the same ability. They will not stack."
Ansarian takes a bite of a pine block, finishing it off.
Fellborn says, "It is an old version of the ability, and the wiki needs to be deleted."
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.