In-game chat on the #GAME channel from the account screen

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

In-game chat on the #GAME channel from the account screen

Post by Rias »

Per the recent changelog: Players connected to the game and at the account screen (logged into an account but not into a character) will now have access to the #GAME chat channel that is bridged between various third-party chat platforms such as Discord, IRC, and Matrix. Messages can be sent to #GAME from the account screen by using the CHAT (or OOC) command.

To be clear, the #GAME channel still will not show up in-game if for players who are logged into a character. From the account screen though (before choosing a character), people can now get involved in conversation on the #GAME channel. A nice little way to stay connected to the community even after logging or idling out of a character. Plus, I figured it would be a good thing to provide a way to access #GAME through the game itself rather than require the use of third-party chat platforms. Particularly useful for people who don't want to make yet another chat account or join yet another server.

TL;DR: People who prefer the in-game chat system for whatever reason can now use it from the account screen before logging into a character (or after logging out of one). Enjoy!

P.S. This idea was suggested by a few different people, so thanks to those who suggested it!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Candelori

Re: In-game chat on the #GAME channel from the account screen

Post by Candelori »

Thank you for this update. My only request would be to allow us to log into our account multiple times while retaining a single character login limit. I would happily have two MUD sessions open so that I may use one to play and the other to chat. It would retain the desired IC and OOC separation as I will have to change between the play window and the chat window, just as if I had to change between the play window and a Discord window.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Candelori

Re: In-game chat on the #GAME channel from the account screen

Post by Candelori »

I would like to repeat my request for the ability to be logged in multiple times for chat purposes. I would prefer to engage with the community OOC without needing to use Discord.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.