[April Fools'] Introducing COGGCoins!

Hear ye, hear ye!
Rias
DEV

[April Fools'] Introducing COGGCoins!

Post by Rias »

We are excited to introduce a new feature we've been working on: COGGCoins! COGGCoins are a microtransaction currency that players can purchase with real-world money to be added to their account. These COGGCoins can then be used for all manner of handy in-game purchases or upgrades, such as:

- 1 hour of increased bucket drain speed: (5 CC)
- Instantly empty your entire bucket to your lifetime experience pool: (10 CC)
- Instantly gain 1 level: (100 CC)
- Instantly gain 5 levels: (495 CC)
- Instantly get to level 100: (9000 CC)
- Increase a skill's practice amount by 5: (5 CC)
- Immediate Ability Unlearn: (5 CC)
- Immediate Skill Reduction by 100: (10 CC)
- Complete Skill Reset: (500 CC)
- Apply exclusive hair colors such as shades of blue, green, or purple: (25 CC)
- Glowing eyes cosmetic effect: (75 CC)
- Change a character's primary attribute: (250 CC)
- Apply a second primary attribute to a character: (1000 CC)
- Change a character's class to another within the same guild: (500 CC)
- Change a character's guild: (1000 CC)
- Change a character's race: (500 CC)
- Upgrade an item to Fine quality: (5 CC)
- Upgrade an item to Superior quality: (15 CC)
- Upgrade an item to Exquisite quality: (35 CC)
- Upgrade an item to Masterwork quality: (75 CC)
- Upgrade an item to Legendary quality: (250 CC)
- Bank Account Riln Boost: (1000 riln per CC spent)
- Expressive Canned Socials Pack, including: Anger Vein, Sweat Drop, Shock Lines, Awkward Leaf: (250 CC)
- Extra Alt Slot: (1000 CC)
- Dual Citizenship for 1 character: (1000 CC)

COGGCoins will be available to purchase with Visa, Mastercard, and PayPal. (We're looking into Venmo integration still. Amex won't be happening, it's too much of a pain.)

All COGGCoin purchases are final. No refunds on purchase of COGGCoins or spending of COGGCoins on in-game transactions.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
artus

Re: Introducing COGGCoins!

Post by artus »

Finally a way to donate to the game but...

Some of them I honestly can say I like. Some of them, I'm really afraid, can make the game feel totally like pay to win. Imagine someone making an alt and dumping coins into said alt to make them instantly powerful ahead of everyone else, and then it comes down to the rest of us feeling way behind, especially those who have no means to pay whatsoever. Sure not everyone feels serious about levels, but it can be a potential pressure to those who do, and specifically those who feel like they have to make characters powerful with all the time they have when those who can pay can just nudge levels ahead however they want. Stuff can also be said with bank limit. Not everyone is rich, of course. But those who are already rich can literally own the game economy that way if they have a mean to pay. Something like ability unlearn stuff I do like though. It's just a bunch of these that send chills. None of them concerns me given I don't aim for that kind of playstyle. May be I'm thinking for others, I don't know.

Unless...unless...

Never mind, ignore all the above.
Serity

Post by Serity »

Could you please add buying the ability to become nethertouched, canim, infested, or even a coydog to the upgrade list? I think it would add a lot of fun and creative freedom to the game, thank you!
Kaliyah

Post by Kaliyah »

So I’m honestly not a fan of being able to pay to become infested or infected. I think that’s something you should have to RP and work towards.
MojoM

Post by MojoM »

I like many of these, and I feel some fall slightly short of others equally priced. I also feel a few of these options should just be in the game, and carry heavy penalties. such as,

- Change a character's class to another within the same guild: (500 CC)
- Change a character's guild: (1000 CC)

Most humans don't carry the same job their whole lives, Though in medieval times trades were lifelong endeavors. I can understand either avenue.
The only one of these that genuinely concerns me is the purchasing of Riln. I fear that allowing the purchase of riln most likely will inflate the consignment price of
many items. I believe it may also make certain progressions in the game unenchanting.
However, I do see how you could have a backstory that starts you with an initial amount of wealth. Maybe starting the game with an inheritance, prequarantine investment; or during your play through as a family death. I think that this would allow the ability to purchase riln, without disrupting an active player economy.

Either way, I'm happy to play. That's just my 2cents, as an eternal noob.
Vaelin

Post by Vaelin »

Man, finally, I can make my char go super sayan wit colored hair, glowy eyes and the distyr aura. good change. :P
(Insert appropriate smiley)
Ezrynon

Post by Ezrynon »

Hi there,

I like most of these save for the hey get to character level 100. However, I think it would be nice instead of taking that to be able to get some special classes, like dunwyr, or other types of abilities that they might have, special classes, for 9000 cc. In that way people may be able to play them, still have to get the limited level gains(to a cap in my opinion)But still give them the ability to have something really nice for a large investment. There were some cool dunwyr abilities that no one really got to see or interact with/use, and I think it'd be neat to be able to reintroduce things to Cogg, that were really quite special. That being said I like most of these. If this were something to be considered however I believe it'd be good to have only one character of this nature added to the account of players. In reality though, even if a person made a character at level 100 they'd mostly get all their points at once, they'd still have to work to make the gains out of the box, it'd just be that they could allocate them easier, and quicker. At the end of the day all characters end at the same point. It's not really pay to win when everyone no matter what will end in the same place. These are just a few suggestions that I think would be more interesting to see in game, but would take a considerable investment. Just my thought.

Outside of that, also I think it would be neat to be able to purchase a rare shipment of sunsteel, celestium, blood glass, river steel, etc at a limited rate and in a small amount say two ingots of each, etc.
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

I love this so, so much! It really makes me excited for possibilities.

I have some of Artus's concerns, but that's because I've seen this done in ways that were, in my opinion, not well-balanced or considerate of people who didn't have the money to donate. I see both sides, though, because I've played other games where I thought it was done very well, and it didn't hurt or imbalance things if people paid however much they wanted for their chars.

My questions:

1. What is the ratio? One CC per $1? Ten? 100? Curious how much the 1000CC items will cost in RL currency.

2. Are any of these stackable donations? Example: five times of paying for instant reduction of a skill.

3. Could you add the ability to change a character's homeland? I'm aware this would have to make RP sense, or that it would likely work best for either a new character, or one who hasn't shared much of anything specific about their early life with others.

4. Could we have the ability to change a character's build, hair length, style, or color, etc? (Anything in the description other than age and skin color, I'd think.)
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

It's April 1. April Fool's. I wonder if we all just got had.
:(
Ezrynon

Post by Ezrynon »

Waaaaaait a minute. Is this an April fools joke?