General Ability Suggestion: Forescouting

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

General Ability Suggestion: Forescouting

Post by Gorth »

IC Description: It isn't all natural born skill. With some training, one can learn the signs of moving people in nearby locations, preferably while remaining far out of sight.
OOC Description: Allows you to perceive movement in and out of an adjacent room, as long as that room is PEERable.
Useage: scout <direction>
Eavesdropping via Uyto can sometimes be lacking in information. I figure this lets someone at least see movement without having to PEER every two seconds and recount NPCs, and maybe it could let you use those high places in the game to watch the land below for general movements. That was my main wish for this ability, personally. Watchtower. Mm.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Navi

Re: General Ability Suggestion: Forescouting

Post by Navi »

Seeing as rangers are the only class with scouting even mentioned in their description, I am hoping if this is a thing to give it to them. Scouting can be done by anyone currently. This ability would just make those with it more valuable. By limiting it to rangers, that whole not everyone can/should do everything is maintained. What fun is it if a nightblade/arcanist/primalist can be as good a scout as a ranger.
That's my two riln.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Gorth

Re: General Ability Suggestion: Forescouting

Post by Gorth »

My idea for this, and now most abilities that I suggest, is that it would be under a Perception/Stealth ability tree. I'm tsill unsure as of the writing of this what they will even look like, as I've not receeved answers to my questions, but I'm just laying out ideas. i'm sure I'll get all excited and come back to all of these and lay out how to make them work once the classes pseudo-go away.

In any case, it does feel very Ranger-y, I agree. The above mentioned ability trees is the only reason I called it 'general'. I would put it in that general camp of abilities. That and Berserker, actually, because I feel like a lot of them have a sort of wildman survivalist thing going, and they definitely scout.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.