Logging sleds!

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Rias
DEV

Logging sleds!

Post by Rias »

We now have a Woodworking recipe for logging sled runners, and a Construction recipe for a logging sled! These are significantly easier to build than handcarts and as a result, far cheaper (the one I just made sold for 1.6k and the market is selling it back at 2.2k). These will provide a decent way for handcart-less woodcutters to get large logs over to the sawmill. The logging sleds can only be used to haul large logs (we'll assume tossing any other stuff on there can't be properly secured and is going to result in the stuff falling off, so that's why it doesn't work). I may also make it possible to toss hewn timbers and PC corpses on them as well, hmmm ...

They can be PULLed by hand to haul one log at a time by anyone, while those with access to greater-than-average Strength can hand-pull two logs at a time. Those who have a beast of burden available can HITCH the logging sled to said beast and should be able to haul up to 5 large logs at once that way.

As always, feedback is appreciated, and don't forget to use the BUG command to report any bugs. Let me know if I overlooked anything with these and I'll be happy to consider some tweaks.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Logging sleds!

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: Logging sleds can now also be used to haul player character corpses.

This should make rescues more viable for characters who haven't managed to save up for a horse or a handcart yet (or just don't have one of those for whatever reason). That corpse-dragging-by-hand traveltime can be pretty awful! (Use the HEAVE command to move the corpse to/from the logging sled.)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO