Attempting a COGGpack to Mudlet Conversion

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
MojoM

Attempting a COGGpack to Mudlet Conversion

Post by MojoM »

As the title says, I'd like to convert COGGpack to the Mudlet Client. This is mostly due to nostalgia. Mudlet was my first client, and CLOK my first MUD.
This will take me a long time. This is due to having little experience with Lua, and being generally bad at managing/using triggers and aliases.
Sorry for this unorganized snippet of thought. Just wanted to put the intentions out there.
MojoM

Re: Attempting a COGGpack to Mudlet Conversion

Post by MojoM »

I had begun the creation of a website where I will eventually incorporate some sort of updates system as I progress with this transfer.

https://chadari.neocities.org/COGG/
artus

Post by artus »

I'm not sure how much Lua serves when it comes to functionality. The pack itself, though doesn't have a lot of features, does have a lot of lapsing features and tied aliases/triggers that one misstep can make the experience weird. As I said when I talked to you on Discord, if it utilizes the same script function, it may work. But if there's something in the pack Mudlet doesn't have, you may end up just having to use sounds. Not sure though. Waiting for mudlet users to answer.
Verel

Post by Verel »

Nothing much to say on the technical side of things.

I just think it's a relatively cool idea for Linux users to be able to experience the pure glory that is one of Artus's sound packs and for one of the best muds out there. That'd be neat.