HELP THINK

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

HELP THINK

Post by Karjus »

Think is such a powerful command, but it doesn't currently have a helpfile. Can we get one?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Lamia

Re: HELP THINK

Post by Lamia »

I second that. This command is totally foreign to any previous experiences I've had in other games, I don't really understand it or know how to use it, and the few times I've tried have been, I am afraid, major fails. Something to clarify the intent, the utilization and the general point of it would be really helpful! (Same sort of goes for the new RITUAL command.) Given how central the command really seems to be in COGG, I'd REALLY like a better understanding of it.

Not complaining, just baffled. Thanks.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Navi

Re: HELP THINK

Post by Navi »

Here is a potential help file. If nothing else it might inspire a better one. Hope it helps.
Edited to remove some redundancy.
The think command allows players to express their character's thoughts and internal monologue in COGG. These thoughts are logged and can be accessed by Event Staff to better understand a character's attitude, feelings, motivations, desires, and other aspects of their personality. This feature provides valuable insights for the staff and helps them create an engaging experience for players. Using the think command can also enhance your own gameplay experience. By sharing your character's thoughts, you define them more clearly and better connect with them, immersing yourself in the game world more deeply.
To use the think command, simply type:
think 'your character's thoughts'
For example:
think I wonder if I can trust this stranger...
Please note that the think command should be used responsibly and in line with the game's rules and guidelines. Misuse of the command or sharing inappropriate content may lead to penalties or restrictions.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again