Yves Maquette.

Give your fellow roleplayers some kudos.
Marcuson

Yves Maquette.

Post by Marcuson »

Yves was retired, so I'd like to say a few words in remembrance of the character and in acknowledging the roleplay that went into them. I thought they were fascinating, and I always felt like there was more to learn about them -- and that I wanted to learn more about them.

In particular, I really enjoyed Doctor Zotikos's interactions with Yves. Zotikos, sensing that Yves had a general distrust of physickers, would always make a special effort to needle and prod Yves in order to get a reaction from them. Eventually, however, the two of them reached some sort of understanding (if not quite managing the level of what could be called "friendship"), leading to Zotikos eventually calling them by their name. They shared a ~secret agenda~ as well, which was fun to discuss.

As a player, I enjoyed Yves's little characterizations, and I was genuinely horrified to learn the truth (or as much of it as I was able to glean) of a formative event in Yves's past. I thought that part of their backstory was admirably well-conceived and implemented.

You will be missed, Yves.
Volinn

Re: Yves Maquette.

Post by Volinn »

RIP. Was a fun character I wish I had interacted more with.
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

I loved Yves, and aspects to the characters that somehow came together to be something intriguing, at times gentle, at times not. Watching Zotikos and Yves interact one time in particular was utterly hilarious.
I wish I'd spent more time with Yves to get to know them more. IT makes me sad they were retired, but I respect whatever led to it happening. IT happens sometimes, and it's okay, though still sad. They are, and will be, missed.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Yves always struck me as unique and interesting, even before I had the opportunity to meet them properly in character. Getting to know them better over the course of the last few months was an absolute delight, and my respect goes out to the player for being able to competently play out their little quirks and weave a good backstory around them. I am sure that my character will be forever grateful for their companionship and faith in her.

May Serafina guide their footsteps, even in retirement.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
silly

Post by silly »

As with all of your characters, The amount of effort put into this one was evident from the very beginning. Their presence in-game was reassuring both in and out of character.

I miss them loads.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

A little late to this, but - I loved Yves! I only got to interact with him a few times on Mack (mostly because our playtimes were pretty different), but each interaction was always an interesting one. The Lost Lands will be a little less bright!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Cheers.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Staz

Post by Staz »

Ah, I suppose that explains not seeing them around recently... Well, I thoroughly enjoyed RPing with them, too!The commitment to bring a bucket of water *every* time your character goes to the forges so they can take a quick sponge bath *every* time they start getting sweaty had my attention, but finding out Yves had become an expert blacksmith on top of it was totally fascinating.
artus

Post by artus »

I...somehow wish it didn't happen, didn't have to happen.
I do have quite a fond, tender memory of Yves. They're one of the kinder ones. They'll be missed, for sure.
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

Thank you. Yes, reading this is bittersweet. Mostly, though, I'm feeling blessed that Yves had all these interactions and made an impression.

I am sorry they didn't say goodbye. There was always the possibility they would go for a long walk (or skip?) and never return, but Shadgard kept giving them reasons to stay, to contribute and feel like they belonged.

Playing them has been tense at times, but full of interesting twists and turns. Much of that is due to the interest other people have taken in Yves, definitely not just my own motivations and ideas.

I admit I've been turning things over in my head, but something keeps telling me that I made the right choice and I'm content with where I left it, even if I can't put my finger on it with precision. There was a lot left unsaid with Yves, but so often there isn't an opportune moment, and then sometimes people are just gone.

... I'm not, though. See you in-game under another guise. :malfant_eyes:

Burn bright!