I've been dying to release these dye cases

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

I've been dying to release these dye cases

Post by Rias »

We now have dye cases for sale in all the dye tents/shacks/etc. in outposts! Dyes can be put in them to store all your dyes in one convenient place, and through the power of hand-wavy magic they can store an unlimited number of dyes and never increase in weight! This is to encourage everyone to use them, because dye vials are the most populous item type in the database, with twice as many existing as the second-most-populous item. It's a little insane.

- You can simply PUT or TRANSFER dye vials into the case as any other container. This will poof the dye vial and add its color to your case.
- You can LOOK IN the dye case to see what colors are in it and how many.
- You can GET <COLOR> FROM DYE CASE to spawn an individual dye vial again if you need to sell/trade/give away that individual vial. TRANSFER will not work removing all of a color from a case for now. It may be added in the future, but for now we don't want the game to be spawning potentially thousands of items at once. (You know who you are.)
- The dye case can be held in hand to dye items in the dye facilities without having to get individual vials from it. Just hold the dye case in one hand, the target item to be dyed in the other, and then type DYE <COLOR>. For instance, DYE OCEAN-BLUE

As always, feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are appreciated!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: I've been dying to release these dye cases

Post by Rias »

A few more notes:

- Dye cases cannot be stolen or stolen from.
- If you have a significant dye collection you should really consider taking your dye case to the Twilight Eye office and REGISTER-ing it so it can be restored to you if it somehow gets lost.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
silly

Post by silly »

Would it be possible to add in a feature to look at dyes in a specific colour, or just to search for a specific shade? I imagine this would reduce spam quite a bit!
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

You can now LOOK IN CASE SEARCH <SEARCHTERM> to filter what is returned. For example: LOOK IN CASE SEARCH BLUE

It finds partial matches anywhere in the dye color.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Would it be possible to have dyes listed in alphabetical order within the cases, or is that a bit much?

EDIT: Thank you!
Last edited by Volinn on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Volinn wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:12 pm Would it be possible to have dyes listed in alphabetical order within the cases, or is that a bit much?
You reminded me to suggest this, cheers.

Could we have a MODIFY argument for sorting that lets you choose how the dyes are sorted?
- Alphabetical
- insertTime
- color (Sorts like the AURA list)
It'd help my inner sorting issues.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.