Clarity in Combat

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Laroremas

Clarity in Combat

Post by Laroremas »

Not sure if this was suggested elsewhere (did a quick search and came up with nothing)

The ability to quickly discern which enemy in the room you have targeted would be excellent, perhaps with some indicator before each action they take on the same line

Like:

!! A stupid moron swings at you
!! A stupid moron does a circle

etc.

This would be especially helpful when fighting multiple things of the same sort
Janarc

Re: Clarity in Combat

Post by Janarc »

Hi there!

I don't know if it's just my client, but I do get brackets around the enemy I'm targeting. I don't get them when they take an action, though, so I see your point!
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

This could be a neat thing, actually. Make it toggleable or something. It unfortunately might screw up alighnment, but I'm not sure if that's important to people or not. It'd be important to me, if I could see, but eh. Even just in general ways to tell mobs apart during attacks or similar strings would be incredibly useful. Hard to be good at timing if you get two of the same mob in different roundtime rotations.

@Janarc, are you? This wouldn't be a clientside thing, because I don't know how the client would know that. I use the same client as you and I don't get those.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Yeah, I think you only get the brackets when LOOKing, not when you see them performing various actions.

You definitely don't get it when being attacked or when being spotted in stealth. The later is particularly problematic (for me at least), because I can never tell if it's the poor shmuck I've got tied up, and can therefore ignore, or if it's his buddy who's about to bonk me.