Rangers and Treasure Hunters: Seasoned Wayfinder

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Ralnos

Rangers and Treasure Hunters: Seasoned Wayfinder

Post by Ralnos »

So there was discussion on it in the Discord server a couple of times and I figured I'd just cement an idea I had in writing.

An ability for both Rangers and Treasure Hunters that gives a chance for a/just flat gives a single reroll on climbing and swimming checks for the Ranger/Treasure Hunter, but also passively applies a bonus to group mates trying to swim or climb out of the same room based on the adventurer's relevant skills. To signify a level of training in navigating harsh terrain as Treasure Hunters could have to do some serious climbing in ruins and swim through sunken portions and Rangers may have to brave dangerous rivers and climb treacherous cliff faces, as well as being the know-how to guide people through such terrain safer.
Lexx416

Re: Rangers and Treasure Hunters: Seasoned Wayfinder

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd love to see this as an ability with an initial benefit (maybe a reroll to climb checks, though what really what would interest me, as a 700 Climb Skill Ranger, is something that lets me reduce the RT for climbs a bit more, it's still pretty brutal even with max climbing), that unlocks a group benefit at 400 or 500 climb skill personally. That way the folks that invest hard into climbing do get a tangible benefit over folks that invest the minimum needed to get by.

Could be a skill-locked benefit at 400 climbing that also has class specific benefits as well, like rangers getting that extra reroll/other benefit in non-urban areas, and Treasure Hunters in ruined urban areas.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."