BBS version updated, no fancy style for now

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
Rias
DEV

BBS version updated, no fancy style for now

Post by Rias »

The BBS was being all kinds of weird, so I went ahead and gave it a fresh clean install with the latest phpBB version. The old visual style doesn't work with this version, so until I have the time to fiddle with that we'll just have the plain old vanilla BBS style. Let me know if any BBS-related issues crop up by reporting them here in this thread.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: BBS version updated, no fancy style for now

Post by Rias »

I've added some styles for people to choose from. In addition to the wonderfully retro styles (such as the current default), there are also the "Digi" styles which were made by the same person who made the theme I customized for the COGG BBS. So if you want the BBS to look and feel similar to before and have a familiar layout and icons, choose one of the Digi styles.

To change your BBS style:

1. Log into the BBS with your account
2. Go to the User Control Panel, which can be done by clicking on your avatar and then clicking "User Control Panel" or by just going to this link: ucp.php
3. Click the "Board Preferences" tab in the User Control Panel.
4. Select your preferred style in the "My Board Style" dropdown.

Also, as some likely noticed: The #bbsfeed chat channel is announcing new posts again. Sorry it was down for a couple days.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: BBS version updated, no fancy style for now

Post by Rias »

All right, the BBS should be Mostly Like It Was now! Including the background image and the logo and the janky little iframe at the top with the main COGG site header. Some people might need to force-refresh to see the updates.

I did reset everyone to the default Digi DarkBlue version of the theme, so for those who prefer a different theme, you'll have to set your logged-in theme again with the steps mentioned in the previous post. All the Digi theme versions have the COGG background and header now. The retro styles were left unchanged.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO