Voice Chat, Sat 3 Dec.

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Gorth

Voice Chat, Sat 3 Dec.

Post by Gorth »

Fire away questions. Posting this instead of Teri because I felt like it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Frisbee

Re: Voice Chat, Sat 3 Dec.

Post by Frisbee »

Is there a set way that a member of the scholars guild would get their basic medical certification? Does the Library, as an organisation, have some sort of assessment process, or do they just let in whomever they interview who has either lots of potential or the right background? Could you tell us about what form the certificate takes -- maybe some sort of badge, or a written document? What would be written on it, in the latter case? Would you consider adding something like that in, as an RP fluff bonus?

Sorry for the wall of questions, and thank you, again, for the death overhaul. It's very exciting.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Questions rolling over from previous weeks

1. Does the Republic military have any standard form/structure or is it highly dependant on where they're drawn from?

2. What exactly is keeping the Dominion do engaged in the North? Resistance uprising, Republic forces? The normal dangers of the Lost Land? Are they on the offensive, or is it more defensive as in, is this La Grande Armées march forward or the Limes Germanicus?

3. We saw Oakheart Golem limbs being loaded, but no torsos. Does this mean a Golem is destroyed if its torso is but limbs can be replaced?

4. With your timeline, would there be any Mistral citizens who saw the beginning of the Dominion becoming more than Mistral Lake and would remember what it was like in the dark days before things became stabilised?

5. Think this one has been mentioned before, but I've noticed a people assume Canim are a Dominion area specific thing, just like Liberi are a Valeria only thing. Is this grounded in reality or based on player assumptions with current area releases.

6. It has been a while since we've seen any lore drops outside of conversation with NPCs. Do you have some in the pipeline or is this very much on the back-burner for now? Do you think we'll see some of the recent stuff imbedded in items/NPC topics, like the Karker Cult and Dominion stuff?

7. With the release of Mistral, we've seen a lot of new and a lot of old. What's your favourite addition, favourite old, new in the pipeline you're excited for, and thing you miss most about the old that won't be making an appearance?

8. People have mentioned they're concerned that over a faction split occurs, that they won't be able to easily access resources currently only found in that land mass. Do you have anything in mind that will alleviate that concern? Or do you encourage that and consider it one of the Dominion "perks"?
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

So I know in the information on the planned societies, we have this little gem in the way of:
Harbingers unashamedly represent and spread the influence of various dark lord Immortals.
Is "dark lord immortals" a phrase one would encounter IC to describe the eight Harbinger immortals we have in the roster thus far or is this more of an OOC term to define the tone one should expect when it comes to these immortals? I've been avoiding using "dark lords" IC as, for one, it sounds a bit cheesy (no offense meant, of course, I just have a hard time picturing my character seriously uttering WE WORSHIP THE DARK LORDS) and, for two, I would like to think maybe the lady immortals would balk at it a bit. Maybe. Maybe they don't care.

My secondary question is: are there any other ways this group of immortal allies of convenience are referenced IC? So far, I've just been calling them THE EIGHT or the MISUNDERSTOOD ONES, but I didn't know if there was another phrase/name floating around out there (beyond just Harbinger immortals?) that all these lovely vNPCs are using that I wasn't aware of.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

What is the state of blood sports, or gladiatorial combat, across Arad?

Are there any arad analogues of Robbinhood or other old folk stories that are promanent in real life culture?

What is the state of Nuumic and Khaldean horses/beasts of burden/cavalry?
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

How well known is Khaldean technology on the whole? Specifically flintlocks and steam weaponry/automation. Do other cultures, excluding perhaps Karnathi, view it as magic? Or do any seek to, or do, understand parts of it?

How advanced are the Khaldean, truely. How much of there culture is automation? Assumedly they work towards automation over any other particular technology, but what are the most common and powerful applications of there technology?

Are the Khaldeans the one's who came up with the calendars, star charts, seasons, moon charts, and similar; much like the Mayans? Are the Mayan's an adiquate real life analogue for the Khaldeans, at least in terms of scholarly pursuits?

Is it common or heard of for Khaldeans to travel the world in search of other cultures' views on Khaldean studies and or those cultures' own findings?

How accepted are Khaldean discoveries as a whole?

How much of Khaldea is religious? It seems as if there may be some divide with the application of science.

How do Khaldeans view the Occult in general? are there any outspoken Khaldeans or groups that seek to attempt to meld Nuumic Arcana, Rhuidic Constructs and Khaldean technology in some way? are there examples of this? Is that what the Oakhearts are?

How common is steel? In the rest of world, and in the Lost Lands? Is the freequency of steel a product of game metal lessening, or actually how it is?