More ways to "label" stuff

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Taliaferro

More ways to "label" stuff

Post by Taliaferro »

I would really like to be able to ENTITLE a letter, book, or other writable item. Attaching a paper label to a piece of paper is a bit silly, in IC terms, but often very necessary, in gameplay terms. I think most of us are already just sort of pretending that there's not an actual label attached to these things, anyway.

I think I've brought up the idea of paint and being able to paint certain items different colors, in the past. I'd also like to be able to paint text on items. I'm thinking particularly of carts and containers, here. It's also pretty silly to have little paper labels on handcarts, and in some cases, on containers. So, you might have a pot of paint and a brush and be able to, say, type, PAINT TEXT ON HANDCART Olivia ffoulks-Frobisher-Featheringhaugh's Cart. If found return to the Superscribed at Post No. 9999, and you shall have 500 R. for your trouble. Thank you very much indeed" Ideally with a character limit, so that you couldn't write something quite so stupidly long.

And having brought up books, I'd like to add a rider to this bill requesting different types of books available for purchase at the library, just as we can buy documents or letters or sheets or scrolls or notes and whatever else by means of the custom item ordering system. Books, tomes, volumes, chapbooks, logbooks, ledgers, treatises -- well, you guys can use a thesaurus just as well as I can.

That is all!
Taliaferro

Re: More ways to "label" stuff

Post by Taliaferro »

Hey! Thank you so much for the new stuff in the Shadgard bookstore! It's all absolutely lovely!