The Pumpkin King and the Wandering Shades

A place to share those crazy "out there" theories that staff won't give any official comment on.
Navi

The Pumpkin King and the Wandering Shades

Post by Navi »

As we all know, in the month of Octum in game, spirits wander the roads. This is believed to be caused by the wraith which is seen in the night sky. Popular opinions are that the vale between worlds becomes thinner, allowing the dead to briefly visit the land of the living.
My take is a little different. What if the spirits we see on the road every Octum are all of the past victims of the Pumpkin King? The spirits all return during this time to try and share their stories to claim some justice for their deaths. Not until Octum's end is the Pumpkin King able to remove them, with the sacrifice of yet another traveler on the road, left to join the march of souls the following year. WOOoooOOoooo SpooooOOOooOopy!
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Lexx416

Re: The Pumpkin King and the Wandering Shades

Post by Lexx416 »

I actually wonder if the shades on the road are a remnant/by-product of a major occult working done by Jonathan Crowhaven during the rule of Aetgard.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Navi

Re: The Pumpkin King and the Wandering Shades

Post by Navi »

I actually have a nearly fully baked theory about some nifty stuff related to all kind of occult results across the lands. I just need to put all of it together in a way that makes sense for other people to digest in game. But yes, this is something I've thought about as well. Makes you wonder what the gap between mortal and ascended is actually like, and even more so what the gap between mortal and immortal is like. Scary stuff.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again