Registered Items Suggestions/Issues

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Registered Items Suggestions/Issues

Post by Teri »

1: If the owner of a weapon sells it to the market it be unregistered. Now, there are cases where someone has sold a sheathed weapon inside a scabbard selling backpack contents where they could get sticky, but that might be an additional suggestion/change of any item with contents inside be prevented being sold. You can't sell a package or backpack if it has something in it, but stuff either inside say, a footlocker and sell footlocker contents will sell the package with the contents inside. I bought a registered weapon on the market that couldn't conceivably have been stolen being a greatsword, but have no idea who it belongs to or if it was an attempt at a grab at riln before getting it back in the twilight eye. I have bought knives that were registered before, but presumably those were stolen off someone. The only way to tell if something is registered to someone else is to try to register the item. I also recently almost sold my full packages of wool not realizing they were in a footlocker when I was selling the contents, and it would have allowed me to.

2: If sold, something to sweep registered items to the owner by mail if someone besides themselves sells the weapon. The thief gets the riln, the owner gets the weapon, the possible buyers who have no idea on the owner aren't out their riln. Wouldn't work in cases of consignments. but so far I have spent 60k on consigned items that ended up being registered to someone else where I am left unsure what to do with those items.

3: A way to find out the owner of registered items, or the ability to mail those items back to the owner or turn them into the twilight eye. The first could be sticky, but there are recent times where we are unable to find out who owns a weapon. Maybe a opt in at the office of "If someone finds my item, allows them to get my mailbox number?" Then thieves could try to ransom for the person to get the item back quicker, try to sell the item for quick cash, or others could try to return weapons they find.

4. I'm not really sure how to handle sentimental items or tools that are registered to characters that were permadeath. They can't be unregistered or registered, and I also really don't wish to lose them.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teri

Re: Registered Items Suggestions/Issues

Post by Teri »

One other issue, if you have two registered items of the same type, you can't target which one to retrieve by doing item number 2 or so forth, so attempting to retrieve both isn't possible until the first is found (and I'm unsure if then how the targeting would work, or if in hand it will tell me the item is on my person anyways.) I bug reported this one.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

An option to turn a registered item in to the Twilight Eye would be good, too.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Navi

Post by Navi »

Lexx416 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:06 pm An option to turn a registered item in to the Twilight Eye would be good, too.
This is an awesome idea. Maybe even provide a small reward? *Rubs hands together* Though, I could see this being abused easily by one player handing over the registered item to another player and them getting the payout. So on second thought, probably not. But being able to turn things in is still a good idea.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Navi wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:06 pm
Lexx416 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:06 pm An option to turn a registered item in to the Twilight Eye would be good, too.
This is an awesome idea. Maybe even provide a small reward? *Rubs hands together* Though, I could see this being abused easily by one player handing over the registered item to another player and them getting the payout. So on second thought, probably not. But being able to turn things in is still a good idea.
I think it could be an exp reward that only triggers once per week per item - and have a warning up in the Twilight Eye office that threatens to deregister (with no refund) any items that are returned through fraudulent means, with both parties issued lifetime bans from the usage of the Twilight Eye Services.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Navi

Post by Navi »

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Stealers going to steal, Twilight-Eye's going to Twilight-Eye, and marks are going to get marked. Seems like this streamlines the process for all involved.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Teri

Post by Teri »

I appreciate the recent changes to registration and other things I mentioned. I do have another suggestion of the recent change regarding the twilight eye symbol. I do think it is cool, but it adds an extra line of text, and the relevant information I want is the registration, which is read second. My suggestion would be 'This item
is registered to you/someone) to condense things.
An example below of how the current text in word wrap appears with my settings in mudlet, with the text of 'is registered to someone' on the second line.

It bears a tiny symbol depicting a Nuumic stylized eye over a mountain peak at twilight. (This item
is registered to someone.)

It bears a tiny symbol depicting a Nuumic stylized eye over a mountain peak at twilight. (This item
is registered to you.)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Sorry, can you clarify what you're requesting?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Teri

Post by Teri »

I'm not sure if I like the symbol being added for the extra text. I'm sorry! I feel bad writing that. Swapping the registered text to come first before the symbol will help with the flow of words.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Is this a screen clutter issue that can be solved by gagging the unwanted text on your MUD client? Having the symbol visibly on the item gives a believable IC reason for people to know that an item is registered, both player characters and NPCs (like the potential buyers at the market).
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO