Naia's Gift

A place to share those crazy "out there" theories that staff won't give any official comment on.
Navi

Naia's Gift

Post by Navi »

Pretty straight forward, this one is.

Who did what where:
Naia used her power over water, and a possible blessing from the mountain father, to create Shadgard's Canyon and the barrier to seal off a river. yes I'm subscribing to the idea that Naia has some kind of positive relationship with the Mountain Father due to the close interactions of rivers and mountains.

How did she do this:
Rivers carve away at mountains and hills creating valleys and canyons. The canyon might have been there already, or she may have sped up the process somehow. After the river was sealed off, it had to go somewhere. Hence, we get a river that exits the mountains and follows the road out of Shadgard. The barrier is metal though, so how did she make it if she’s a river goddess. Using the connection she has with the Mountain Father, she was able to construct a barrier to seal off the river tunnel that no doubt poured forth into Shadgard before her actions.
Why did she do it, and when:
I’m unsure about this one. I would only be able to guess at it, but given the evidence of Nuum activity nearby, and the proximity of the lost lands to Nuum, I think maybe around the time that the first defects left Nuum to found Khaldea, another group went north instead and managed to settle Shadgard. Naia took pitty on them, as they likely had to leave much behind and probably did not have a pleasant journey passed the mountains. She gifted the canyon to them as a result. They were so happy, they constructed the statue in the commons that stands there to this day.
Oddities:
I find it odd that the statue would have no depictions of serpents or a staff, but those are according to current day depictions. I wonder if this statue was simply before all of the embellishment that no doubt built upon her legend. Or it could be some other avatar before the current day likeness was created.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again