Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
Navi

Re: Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Post by Navi »

I should probably also mention that the hashtag symbol in front of words in the description indicates you can interact with those items. Sometimes it's a door, sometimes it's a lever, chain, or sometimems it won't do anything at all. You can also do look behind, under, and on objects. Sorry for double posting.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
tacos

Post by tacos »

option 10 is already turned off.
Navi

Post by Navi »

Alright, sorry I should've read your initial description post. You likely have option 2 turned off. You'll want to keep that on, as room descriptions are very important in COGG. Option 12 is the better option to enable, as it won't flood your screen with text, but you can still look manually to get the room description of your current location.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
tacos

Post by tacos »

cool. I think option 2 fixed it. I don't know how it turned off.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I didn't know where else to put this, but I just thought of something. When a person applies for citizenship in Mistral Lake, does it automatically set their mailbox to Mistral Lake or is that still something they have to manually change? I think it might be nice if it did it automatically to give people one less step in the Dominion onboarding process if it doesn't already (which I'm suspecting it doesn't as I just sent a letter to a player I know is a citizen and had to pay the 83 riln to mail the letter to Shadgard as opposed to the 1 riln for ML.)
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Nope, you still have to manually mail set. I just did that not even two hours ago :)
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

On a similar vein as my last suggestion, it would be nice if Mistral Lake citizens spawned in Mistral on death and didn't have to walk from Shadgard.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

The infirmary in Mistral references beds in the room description, and you have to lay down to be tended to by the physicker NPC, but you can't target the beds - any way Mistral's infirmary can get functional beds to lay down on?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

Lexx416 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:40 pm The infirmary in Mistral references beds in the room description, and you have to lay down to be tended to by the physicker NPC, but you can't target the beds - any way Mistral's infirmary can get functional beds to lay down on?
Shewel has been nice enough to take care of this.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Back on the pro-occult topic:

I think we can agree that faction-specific study rooms might be a bit much, but what about trainers or shops for things like chalk, vials, etc? Kinda like the stormholdt townhouse, it would just be a convenience.

Or is that what the book store is slated to be someday?