Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
jerc

Re: Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Post by jerc »

My latest suggestion: a place to study sorcery and arcana? My initial thought was maybe have a cellar or attic room in the Stormholdt Townhouse that was converted into like a makeshift library and is a study spot but then that would only be of use to us WARRIOR TYPES, so what about if when the bookstore opens, it has an upstairs that is an occult study spot? I just think that would be a nice way to represent that ML is occult-friendly. A place for druids would be nice, too, but I think something more nature-y up in the mountains would be fun for them as opposed to hanging with the sorcery and arcana nerds in the bookstore.
I like the spirit of this suggestion, but I feel like it would swing a little *too* hard in Mistral's favor for occult folks, since the occult skills are almost entirely study-bound for practice. An extra study spot seems like too big of a benefit to be faction-locked.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I think I agree with @jerc. Occult practitioners will already feel more welcome in Mistral without all the side-eye and prejudice they'd normally get in Shadgard, to say nothing of the ability to openly use sorcery abilities within town. Throwing study points in would probably be taking Mistral Lake from "more accepting of and comfortable for Occult practitioners" to more of a no-brainer for multiple classes and their leveling/skillup experience, and I don't know that I want the class population to be quite that heavily skewed between the factions.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I think a good compromise would be for both factions to get a Library of Qamar chapterhouse, but have the Shadgard one offer Arcana and Druidry (and probably Medical is okay too) studying for members only (gotta get your money's worth for perks when guild dues come in), and have the Mistral one offer the same things as Shadgard for members of the Library plus a Sorcery training spot.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

Mistral Lake Stables now have a selection of workhorses and mules.
Serity

Post by Serity »

For the non-Mistralites, here's our options:

Horses, same stats/price as Shadgard: 3 speed, 5 endurance, 2 strength, 1 toughness, 2 grit, hitching-disliked, 147,500 riln
  • a cremello horse with a diamond-braided mane
  • a white leopard-spotted horse with a plaited mane and tail
  • a blood-bay horse with a plaited mane and tail
  • a charcoal-gray horse with a plaited mane and tail
  • a raven-black horse with a diamond-braided mane
Mules, same stats/price as Shadgard: 0 speed, 3 endurance, 1 strength, 0 toughness, 3 grit, hitching-okay, 62,500 riln
  • a rotund black mule
  • a sleek bay mule
  • a sturdy sorrel mule
Workhorses, same stats/price as Shadgard: 1 speed, 5 endurance, 5 strength, 1 toughness, 3 grit, hitching-okay, uncomfortable, 232,500 riln
  • a muscular white workhorse with charcoal feathered legs
  • a stocky gold champagne workhorse with a flat braided mane
  • a large snowflake-patterned workhorse with a glossy white mane and tail
tacos

Post by tacos »

I was looking in the mill at mistral, and I didn't see any of the items that's usually their with the #sign. like the hopper or other things that's in the water mil. it just has a basic description.
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

tacos wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:25 am I was looking in the mill at mistral, and I didn't see any of the items that's usually their with the #sign. like the hopper or other things that's in the water mil. it just has a basic description.
You see the following items of note here:
a circular bronze basin
a grain hopper
a large paddled wheel

The items are in there, and can be used.
tacos

Post by tacos »

weird. wonder why my screen reader didn't read it.
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Now all Mistvale needs is Fauna of the furry huntable variety! Thank you guys for all your hard work!
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

tacos wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:33 am weird. wonder why my screen reader didn't read it.
I've checked the Shadgard one and the items in question are tagged just the same in both instances. It might be worth visiting again and seeing if it was a one time issue or recurring.