Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
Tessa

Re: Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Post by Tessa »

My first initial thoughts...
Something for the adventurers guild so forcibly factioned rangers/druids can still get abilities.
Comparable mount shop with comparable, if different mounts.
And maybe a hug.
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

Tessa wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:12 am Something for the adventurers guild so forcibly factioned rangers/druids can still get abilities.
Currently already present.
jerc

Post by jerc »

What's the status of copy and delivery tasks?

Currently, as a citizen of Mistral, I still only get copy tasks directed to various Shadgard locations, as well as deliveries destined for the Shadgard Post Office.
Serity

Post by Serity »

Fellborn wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:15 am Currently already present.
I have seen this question/request pop up a lot, especially in character, and I think perhaps it might not be obvious enough that the guild is tucked away in the back of the bowyer shop. It's rather out of the way, at that.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We've just added:

- Horses for sale (just normal horses, no mules or workhorses yet)
- Long-distance delivery and scholar copy task destinations

The Adventurer Guild spot is up the stairs in the Straight Arrow shop, northeast side of town along the mountain.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Vaelin

Post by Vaelin »

I never noticed, but is there a sparring room in Mistral where pcs can beat the stuffing out of each other and not get in trouble?
(Insert appropriate smiley)
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

ANother thought I had while mindlessly foraging...
Could we get more materials that can be woven in Mistvale? Bloodstem does not sell quite as much as thornleaf, but druids should be able to kindly ask the earth to cooperate. Another thought is that I did not notice wrenches and lockpicks available in the satellite chapter house.
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Tessa wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:59 pm Another thought is that I did not notice wrenches and lockpicks available in the satellite chapter house.
That's because there's already a locksmith shop in Mistral! It would be redundant :)
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Fishing has been added to:
- Town Square (the description notes a hole in the platform where fishermen often fish)
- The rooms along the outer edge of the platform (not up on the mountainside!)
- The docks
- The upper deck of the houseboat
- A couple other nearby rooms that don't seem like ideal destinations for a fishing trip but hey who am I to judge
- Along the edges of the lake out in the wilderness

When SURVEYing for fishing spots, note that the "deep lake" environment is different than just the "lake" environment. (The latter should probably be changed to "shallow lake" or "lakeshore" at some point.) Enjoy discovering some new fish types!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Thanks for the updates, you guys!

My latest suggestion: a place to study sorcery and arcana? My initial thought was maybe have a cellar or attic room in the Stormholdt Townhouse that was converted into like a makeshift library and is a study spot but then that would only be of use to us WARRIOR TYPES, so what about if when the bookstore opens, it has an upstairs that is an occult study spot? I just think that would be a nice way to represent that ML is occult-friendly. A place for druids would be nice, too, but I think something more nature-y up in the mountains would be fun for them as opposed to hanging with the sorcery and arcana nerds in the bookstore.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.