Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
silly

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by silly »

Yes please!

I was just thinking of the popcorn the old game had, the other day -- both the kind players could make, and the type a certain shop had. Definitely would love to see again.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Teri

Fish Trophy

Post by Teri »

A trophy board to put our biggest fish on display.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Staz

Post by Staz »

Someone has likely mentioned this, but a category or search tag for finding "unique" and festival items on the market would be extremely useful. Actually, just a category for items that are not player-craftable would be good, since it would allow you to search for all scarce non-reproducible items currently on the market.

This would help with players who want to find a statement piece for an outfit, collect rare items, or even play the market by buying rare items low and selling high.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Staz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:30 am Someone has likely mentioned this, but a category or search tag for finding "unique" and festival items on the market would be extremely useful. Actually, just a category for items that are not player-craftable would be good, since it would allow you to search for all scarce non-reproducible items currently on the market.

This would help with players who want to find a statement piece for an outfit, collect rare items, or even play the market by buying rare items low and selling high.
I know it's somewhat spammy to quote and say I agree with posts in this topic but...

This! Please! This would be a god send! As it is, the clothing categories are really, really big and useless to list on market, so being able to find unique pieces, even if they were under the hood tagged with something would be nice.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I love the RECALL command. And it doesn't get a lot of use. I'd love a new use for it: RECALL HERE

With the HERE argument, RECALL would give you a readout of the survey info in the room from the last time you used the SURVEY command. The 7 second roundtime on survey is kind of harsh at times, and it'd be nice ( even with a shorter RT, like 3 or 4 seconds) to just have a quick screenshot reminder of what is probably in a room when I'm foraging for stuff.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I would love to be able to modify a brand on an item I've assembled. I've forgotten countless times to mark the components before I assemble them!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd love to see a way when posting on a Town Board to set a timer for the post to come down, at the cost of a bit of riln. Being able to pay a bit of riln for specific posts to come down at specific times would be nice for event planning!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Xzean

Post by Xzean »

Zombies? Animates? Please?
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

We have a handful of VERY TALL places in the game, and while I like visiting them just to visit them, I think it'd be cool if (with a sufficiently high perception - probably 300+) you had a chance to see movement in wilderness tiles for the local region. Nothing too wild or specific, but if I could climb the hanging tree and there was a chance to see some movement in select rooms (maybe with a special command, or maybe a repurpose of the WATCH command) so that we get something like "You see a figure walking south through [room name]".

I think it'd add some value to the watch towers, and if a higher perception got you more information about the people (height, build, maybe even things like hair color if you have a REALLY high perception) it would add more value to people with those high perceptions beyond watching for stealthers in combat.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Pulling these from the Discord #game channel from 02/10 ( I may have missed one or two) - credit given to Fridley and Lexx416 (and anyone else I may have missed)

Additional hilt materials - i.e. bone, antler, ivory, decorative metals (i.e. silver, gold, platinum, etc), woods (including deadwood and driftwood (if in game along coastal areas)), stacked leather and stone. Bonus points if decorative metals could be used for crossguards, pommels, triggers and firearm parts (when they become available for crafting).

Bonus points if antler, bone, wood and ivory hilts could be further customized by scrimshawing - the process of carving images and designs into natural materials and dying them, usually with lampblack, but since we have such a robust dye selection ... - and have that scrimshaw add an additional adjective to the crafted item, i.e. an scrimshawed bone-handled iron awl. In the component portion of the item, it would be neat to have the scrimshawed item have a short description:

Code: Select all

It is comprised of the following major components:
   a bronze sword pommel
   a carved deer antler single-hand sword grip (scrimshawed: a plain, dogwood-rose dyed, image of a man stalking a deer through brush)
   a bronze sword crossguard
   an iron shortsword blade (brand: a vertical pistol over a flourished "C" , keen-edged)
Gilding - process of adding precious metals that have been pounded thinly to stuff. Apply before attached to a finish piece, i.e. a gold-gilded iron dagger crossguard. Would require a new forging recipe (perhaps ability???) for [metal] leaf.

More options for "primitive" tools: antler or bone needles, throwing sticks (boomerangs!?), gunstock clubs with or without shards or small metal blades sticking out of them, flint tomahawks and [insert primitive club choice here} etc.

Edited to add: Livery stables in outlying communities like Stormholdt and New Emberlight for storing beasts and carts together. Or, as has been suggested here before, steed-worn containers that can store up to Huge for armor/gear storage. Or chains and locks to chain handcarts to trees.