Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Pendulum

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Pendulum »

Teri wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:29 am To be able to toss light sources or torches into dark areas :P
I like this idea, and it reminds me of a related idea: The inconvenience one has to deal with if one is hidden and is holding a lit candle, lantern etc. and wants to drop it.

When an attempt to drop it is made, one gets this message:

That's not going to stay hidden! You'll need to come out of hiding first if you want to drop that.

Then one has the schlep of having to unhide, drop lantern , and hide again. What I wish for instead is while hiding and holding a lit item to be able to some how toss lantern (for example) in one shot without having to do this three-step.

There still should remain the chance of others seeing you while you do this. I believe that if one is hidden in a room and tried to pick up an object from the floor, creatures in the same room have a chance to notice... I would agree that the same chance should apply when someone chucks a light source off their person.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
notgreg

Post by notgreg »

I think it would be neat if you could occasionally find old tomes or scrolls or tablets or whatever inside of lockboxes that could be sold for a bunch of riln but only after a Scholar uses their Linguistics skill to translate them! This could potentially extend to other scholarly skills if that's interesting. Maybe you find an old anatomical drawing that needs to be translated & appraised by someone with high Medical skill before anyone at the market will buy it?
rocode

Post by rocode »

Allow us to wear masks and hats at the same time. Zorro must ride on!
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

I would like to be able to show my face to a PC/NPC for a limited time when disguised without needing to mechanically take off apparel covering it. Similar to how one can remove it to pass through certain guarded points, but completely at will, by means of a single command.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
rocode

Post by rocode »

Frisbee wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 pm I would like to be able to show my face to a PC/NPC for a limited time when disguised without needing to mechanically take off apparel covering it. Similar to how one can remove it to pass through certain guarded points, but completely at will, by means of a single command.
Would also be useful for showing off tattoos without stripping!
Teri

Post by Teri »

Cask in addition to barrel for filling with liquids
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

rocode wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:29 pm Allow us to wear masks and hats at the same time. Zorro must ride on!
MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY, periwigs.
Guillaumo

Post by Guillaumo »

notgreg wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:24 pm I think it would be neat if you could occasionally find old tomes or scrolls or tablets or whatever inside of lockboxes that could be sold for a bunch of riln but only after a Scholar uses their Linguistics skill to translate them! This could potentially extend to other scholarly skills if that's interesting. Maybe you find an old anatomical drawing that needs to be translated & appraised by someone with high Medical skill before anyone at the market will buy it?
I think this is a really neat idea.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd love to see a sort of "AFK Autoresponder System", but for tells exclusively - a totally opt in thing where you can type "AFK REASON: <information here>" in case someone sends you a tell while you're AFK. Example"

AFK REASON: stepped away for 15!

would make it so that if someone sent me a tell, they would get something like "Lexx is AFK, for the reason: stepped away for 15!" as a return.

not strictly necessary, but it'd be nice :)
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Teri

Post by Teri »

Unique strings for special attacks. It would be neat to know when someone uses mighty blow or similar.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time